Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by figsdad, Jan 6, 2010.

1. figsdad

figsdad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know its been asked loads of times but why has Mr Bay or whoever wrote the 2 films.

made Bee super strength hard as nails in the past series he was just a kid and just a normal autobot yes Prime thought alot of him but in a sence just a kid im not knocking the past 2 films as i love them both but just wondering why they did it..

i know what the answer would be cause it would be for the audience to get a massive cult following toward the him and if they killed him off it would be "suicide ..

So for liberal terms they made him the main character and portrait him hard so people would love the series of transformers.. Cause of bee. not Prime or Megatron..

2. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    I myself don't care for movie Bee being a strong warrior myself (although I'm sure there are many that prefer him since he's not stupid and useless like G1 BB :rolleyes: ) just because he's like every other Autobot like that

3. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Didn't you just answer your own question ?

4. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    Bumblebee's always been an appeal character. But in the movieverse, they're not appealing to audience that's made of only kids, like with the past tv shows. Thus, the character evolved and became what it is, and is a big hit with kids and older fans alike. I like Movie 'Bee myself, one of my favorite renditions of the character.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    You got a problem with 'Bee kickin' ass?

I don't, 'cuz he kicks ass.

6. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Aren't all Transformers armed to the teeth? Bumblebee is capable of kicking some ass, but he's also mischievous, and very friendly towards his human friends. Even when he wins a battle he lets out some pretty kiddy 'yay' sounds.

He might turn into a sportscar and has missilies on his shoulders, I still feel this is 'a' Bumblebee. :) 

7. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bee isn't even THAT strong to be honest, what did he kill?

A heavily wounded Brawl in indirect combat, a bunch of kitchenbots, Ravage...

The only true credit you can give him is Rampage.

8. Digilaut

News Credits:
    He also laid down covering fire, keeping Starscream at bay in the warehouse in ROTF, and Starscream is much stronger than him.

He defeated Barricade, although Barricade is probably a sissy.

He shot a house.

If he isn't strong, he sure is courageous..or just plain dumb! Love him.

9. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Strenght doesn't really matter when talking about COVERING FIRE, I mean, I'm pretty sure I could kill a giant wrestling man with a gun.

So yeah, he isn't above any other robot in the movie, he just got more exposure but certainly no god-mode.

10. Digilaut

News Credits:
    Starscream seemed to be able to withstand what Ironhide and Ratchet shot at him and take them down pretty easily until he decided to run, and he gets some asskicking in the forest battle as well and lives to tell.

Compared to that, Bumblebee's weapons are simple peashooters, especially the machine gun type (which seems to be 'just' bullets, sabot or not, compared to his energy weapon, which might be more effective against metal beings) - and I think the analogy of the wrestler doesn't really apply here since we're not talking about an unarmed fleshling against another one with a gun, we're talking about giant armored robots who are shown through two movies long to be able to withstand some pretty serious rain of bullets :p 

Starscream could have easily jumped through and kick Bee's ass.

In the end though, it doesn't really matter. It's just what the scene asks for, and seeing as Bee is the kid appeal and moneymaker, the writers will have him win ANY fight, no matter the odds. Hey, it worked for the Twins!

I kinda forgot if I was rooting for the 'Bumblebee is strong' or the 'Bumblebee is weak' side. No wait, I think I still agree he's not strong. But he's still badass and does deserve some credit..or something like that.

11. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Basically, he's a plot vehicle (no pun intended). He was the first Autobot that graced the first movie, Sam's guardian and first car, one of the more unique Autobots, and self-sacrificial, to boot. Audiences like him, and probably see him as a bigger hero than Optimus, seeing as he's taken down Barricade, Brawl, Ravage, and Rampage in interesting and pivotal moments.

Also, he's Bay's favorite.

But yeah, he's pretty hardcore.

12. jametron

jametron Halfway to Heaven, under horsepower of my own…

News Credits:
    Not trying to be a jerk here, but when you start a thread with those words it's kinda obvious that you are aware:

A) It's been discussed before
    B) No answer has met your satisfaction
    C) No answer ever will meet your satisfaction, except the one you provide for yourself
    D) ...which you did
    E) ...and didn't need to involve everyone else to do so.

Just sayin'

13. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

Bumblebee is so awesome to me because he's a well rounded character: he's not the strongest or the wisest, but he can still fight, and it's his relationship with Sam that really made the first movie, IMO.

In fact, the lack of that bond (in favor of Sam and Optimus) really bugged the crap out of me in ROTF.

14. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I want GOLDBUG

15. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    he wasn't strong, but appeared that that way because we hardly get to see the autobots go hand to hand combat with decepticons. It's always usually done through firing at each other, and I'm sure if given the chance, Ironhide would be our favorite.

What did seem strange was that Rampage got taken out too quick and easy, and was not too big compared to BB, that did suck for me.

But the autobots all have great abilities when it comes to combat, it's just that it would be expensive to see at least 10 robots going at it head on, that would be epic, but expensive, and we've never seen it, with the expection of BB and the other bots that fought in ROTF.

16. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Well, as Prime explained in TF1, Cybertron was ravaged by the war between the Autobots and Decepticons. I always just assumed that everyone still standing was doing so because they've survived the war up to this point, by knowing how to fight.

17. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Funny enough I just finished the GLU ROTF game, and for some reason in that it was like Bumblebee was stronger than Optimus. Even Powered-Up Prime. As Bumblebee you get to take down Devastator single-handedly, piece-of-cake.

Of the current Bumblebee, I can accept it, because it actually works. It's one of the best things in the movies. But when they reboot, I'd like to see a different portrayal, and the return of Jazz as the cool guy.

I prefer Bumblebee to be weak, unimportant, underestimated. A modest nobody. And because he's so low-ranking no one misses him when he's around humans. Which is what leads him to play an important role in the storyline. I sorta like the old G1 angle where the Transformers originally thought vehicles were earth's dominant life form. Bumblebee could be the one to understand the significance of humans.

18. Primal_Grimlock

Primal_Grimlock Gone because someone had their cat declawed. Grr.

I love Movie 'Bee. Enough said.

19. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Mk well say a bobcat leaps on my back and starts scratching at me. I'm gonna take that bobcat and rip its spine out through its ass if necessary.

The same mentality. really. Ravage was actually the same size as like a lion or something. So It was no contest that bumblebee would pwn the fuking shit out of Ravage.

As well, I'd love for Ironhide to get into a melee fight. Hes only been in shoot outs. And thus It'd be epic if he had some sort of blade. Like a knife or a sword like optimus.

20. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

I would love to see Ironhide get a good fight scene in the next movie, so, so much.