Bumblebee, Waspinator, and Cliffjumper Are Kids?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by psj333, Aug 24, 2009.

1. psj333

psj333 Banned

Because Bumblebee, Waspinator, and Cliffjumper are the youngest and the smallest Transformers in the Transformers: Animated series, would we classify them as teenagers?

2. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Where were we told Cliffjumper was young?

3. psj333

psj333 Banned

Takara destron, Cliffjumper has the same body form that is also found in Bumblebee, and Waspinator. Therefore, I do believe that Cliffjumper is just as old as Bumblebee and Waspinator, wouldn't you agree?

4. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Not necessarily. It could be the plans/model/whatever were just reused later down the line.

Ratchet and Ironhide have similar bodies, but they're not the same age at all.

If anything, all three are just very short. After all, age and size don't corellate anywhere else, do they? Bulkhead's the same age roughly as Bumblebee, and he's HUGE.

5. AllSpark Shard

AllSpark Shard Squirrel-flattener

Theyre supposed to be young, yeah, at least Bumblebee.

This was done so in G1 the younger audience could relate to him better and to relate Bumblebee better to Spike.

About Waspinator and Cliffjumper, i am not sure, but if Bumblebee is young, they can be too.

6. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    height means nothing. as machines, they dont grow as they become older. bumblebee, wasp, and cliffjumper are short because their body type is short.

7. psj333

psj333 Banned

Aernaroth, if Bumblebee is just as old as Bulkhead, despite their size differences, then why Bumblebee is mentioned in his bio as the "kid" of the Autobots?

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Because he's immature?

And again, size = meaningless for determining age. I know tons of people who are short, but they're all 30-something. Hell, look IN the show. Sumdac is short, is he a kid?

9. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Cliffjumper? SEVERELY doubt it.

10. psj333

psj333 Banned

Here, let me put this in another way. Perhaps this you could understand. When Bumblebee, Waspinator, Ironhide, Longarm, and Bulkhead were training under the command of Sentinel Minor at that time altogether within the same year, were they all nearly the same age and were they also very young at that time as well?

11. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    completely rude and uncalled for.

You have always come up with ridiculous topics involving Animated or Rodimus or whoever and the you try to belittle someone for not understanding you? That would be like everyone on this board.

12. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    Bumblebee and Wasp are likely in the same age group, yes, although the 'kid' in the bio really more indicates maturity level than actual age or body type. Heck, I've known forty year old humans who have the maturity level of 'kid'.

Cliffjumper, however appears to be in the same age group (or close to) as Sentinel Prime and Optimus, as IIRC he was walking with Sentinel while Sentinel was complaining about Magnus in Autoboot Camp, which likely indicates that they probably had known eachother for a while as peers.

--Moony

13. psj333

psj333 Banned

Look, Maximus Prime, pardon me that I really didn't mean to be rude. It's just that I'm way too curious to know more about my favorite Transformers characters, that's all. That is why I do have the right to know by asking questions. If you wish to say whatever you want about me, even though that I didn't do anything wrong, then be my guest.

14. psj333

psj333 Banned

Thanks for telling this, Moonscream. I didn't know that Sentinel and Cliffjumper were the same age until now. But you know, sometimes, an older person can hire a much younger individual to be his or her assistant. Wouldn't you agree?

15. Bilbo Boxhead

Bilbo Boxhead Geewunners GTFO

just because they are small doesn't mean they are young

16. Spin-Out

Spin-Out Are you afraid of the dark?

Except Longarm, being Shockwave, is way, way older than the rest of them.

17. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    True, but that doesn't mean Cliffjumper is young. It happens often in the military that the person with higher rank and position is much younger than their subordinates, since that is based on skill, ability, and sometimes politics, more than seniority of age. Thus Longarm attaining a higher position and rank in Intel is testimony to his skill, not to his and Cliffjumper's relative ages.

--Moony

18. TM2 D-bot

TM2 D-bot Forsight Into the Future Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Being in bootcamp at the same time does not co-relate their age. Their body type doesn't either. It's all just a matter of how the show decides to characterize each incarnation. Sadly, we almost never got this since production was rushed and it was a kids show after all.

19. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    ^ beat me to it. You could be any age in Boot Camp.

20. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'd honestly advise you not to read too much into it. Age is pretty meaningless in any TF cartoon, and character models get recycled to fill out ranks and background characters.

Fact is, unless definitively stated somewhere, there's no official word on the subject, one way or the other.