Bumblebee Vs Optimus Prime (toys wars)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by exclusacon, Jun 12, 2011.

  1. exclusacon

    exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

    Joined:
    May 31, 2009
    Posts:
    7,689
    News Credits:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    176
    Likes:
    +1
    I don't know if this been done before. It no secret BB and OP are redeco a lot.

    My question is why does BB gets the hate of being released so many times? Prime is right behind being release so much....I don't really dig BB like that. I understand Optimus is the man.
     
  2. rxlthunder

    rxlthunder Banned

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2011
    Posts:
    7,448
    News Credits:
    5
    Trophy Points:
    176
    Likes:
    +6
  3. Auto Morph

    Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2010
    Posts:
    8,449
    Trophy Points:
    176
    Likes:
    +0
    Well, the 2% of Transformers customers that the fans represent resents the fact that the other 98% (ie kids) get their own way so often.
     
  4. rxlthunder

    rxlthunder Banned

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2011
    Posts:
    7,448
    News Credits:
    5
    Trophy Points:
    176
    Likes:
    +6
    isn't the ratio of buyers something more like 30% fandom and 70% kids
     
  5. Auto Morph

    Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2010
    Posts:
    8,449
    Trophy Points:
    176
    Likes:
    +0
    Maybe. I was going for the lulz but I guess I failed :( 
     
  6. Lbsammills51

    Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Oct 11, 2008
    Posts:
    13,477
    News Credits:
    14
    Trophy Points:
    247
    Location:
    Alta Loma, CA
    Likes:
    +101
    Ebay:
    I'd be genuinely surprised if we even made up 30%...I know there are a lot of us, but that seems rather high compared to the onslaught of kids that gobble up Transformer toys.

    EDIT: On topic though...Prime is popular with collectors (I see more people that say they specifically collect Optimus toys than there are Bumblebee-focused collectors), Prime is usually in higher-size classes so there are several redecoes, but nowhere near as many Bumblebee redecoes since he's often slotted in at Deluxe class since the first film's toy line...and that Bumblebee has gotten some larger size toys (Battle Ops, DotM Leader, Movie/RotF Ultimate) that, while meeting with varying levels of approval from collectors, has annoyed some who would've preferred another character get that Leader(ish)/Supreme(ish) toy slot. Any complaints about the upcoming Ultimate Optimus Prime, by comparison, have nothing to do with it being "too big" as much as whether it looks good or whether people are content with the Leader+ Movie Prime toys they already have and aren't compelled by this upcoming release.
     
  7. Auto Morph

    Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2010
    Posts:
    8,449
    Trophy Points:
    176
    Likes:
    +0
    ^ I wonder if Hasbro have ever conducted any tangible research into this?
     
  8. rxlthunder

    rxlthunder Banned

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2011
    Posts:
    7,448
    News Credits:
    5
    Trophy Points:
    176
    Likes:
    +6
    It's also cheaper to redeco and/or repaint a deluxe than a voyager or leader

    and on the topic of the fandom vs kids, Next thing you know, some 8 year old's we may see as random toy buyers are actually part of the fandom and are pissed of at most of this thread either or some of the fandom have kids that look like random buyers and those people are pissed at what has happened to this thread thus ruining any research.
    Also, this topic of kids really should be a thread of its own
     
  9. Anguirus

    Anguirus Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 28, 2009
    Posts:
    11,054
    News Credits:
    8
    Trophy Points:
    222
    Likes:
    +33
    Ebay:
    They would be mad fools not to. Market research is taken very seriously by most big companies, I think.
     
  10. rxlthunder

    rxlthunder Banned

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2011
    Posts:
    7,448
    News Credits:
    5
    Trophy Points:
    176
    Likes:
    +6
    it's practically impossible considering that some of the fandom could be born in 2002 or shopping with ze little ones
     
  11. AMG

    AMG Old School

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2007
    Posts:
    8,313
    Trophy Points:
    192
    Likes:
    +5
    Well said. You hit the nail on the head here.
     

Share This Page