Bumblebee Vs Optimus Prime (toys wars)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by exclusacon, Jun 12, 2011.

1. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    I don't know if this been done before. It no secret BB and OP are redeco a lot.

My question is why does BB gets the hate of being released so many times? Prime is right behind being release so much....I don't really dig BB like that. I understand Optimus is the man.

2. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
  3. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Well, the 2% of Transformers customers that the fans represent resents the fact that the other 98% (ie kids) get their own way so often.

4. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    isn't the ratio of buyers something more like 30% fandom and 70% kids

5. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Maybe. I was going for the lulz but I guess I failed :( 

6. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd be genuinely surprised if we even made up 30%...I know there are a lot of us, but that seems rather high compared to the onslaught of kids that gobble up Transformer toys.

EDIT: On topic though...Prime is popular with collectors (I see more people that say they specifically collect Optimus toys than there are Bumblebee-focused collectors), Prime is usually in higher-size classes so there are several redecoes, but nowhere near as many Bumblebee redecoes since he's often slotted in at Deluxe class since the first film's toy line...and that Bumblebee has gotten some larger size toys (Battle Ops, DotM Leader, Movie/RotF Ultimate) that, while meeting with varying levels of approval from collectors, has annoyed some who would've preferred another character get that Leader(ish)/Supreme(ish) toy slot. Any complaints about the upcoming Ultimate Optimus Prime, by comparison, have nothing to do with it being "too big" as much as whether it looks good or whether people are content with the Leader+ Movie Prime toys they already have and aren't compelled by this upcoming release.

7. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

^ I wonder if Hasbro have ever conducted any tangible research into this?

8. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    It's also cheaper to redeco and/or repaint a deluxe than a voyager or leader

and on the topic of the fandom vs kids, Next thing you know, some 8 year old's we may see as random toy buyers are actually part of the fandom and are pissed of at most of this thread either or some of the fandom have kids that look like random buyers and those people are pissed at what has happened to this thread thus ruining any research.
    Also, this topic of kids really should be a thread of its own

9. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They would be mad fools not to. Market research is taken very seriously by most big companies, I think.

10. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    it's practically impossible considering that some of the fandom could be born in 2002 or shopping with ze little ones

11. AMG

AMG Old School

Well said. You hit the nail on the head here.