"Bumblebee" trailers' screenshot and GIF thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by NemesisPrime12, Jun 5, 2018.

1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    And yet amusingly the new Bumblebee looks more realistic.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    I believe Hasbro at one point wanted a simplified Bumblebee.
    Bingo

• Like Like x 1
  3. SimbaTron

SimbaTron Transformers & Gundam

News Credits:
    Let me Dm you what he said

4. PC Brodimus

PC Brodimus Leader of the Sarcastatrons

If they're that immensely, indescribably stupid to tease what looks like a genuine attempt to portray one of the most famous transformers ever in actual, palpable, G1 fashion, and then say it's just some anonymous Assholetron, it will actually overshadow any Michael Bay related nonsense, by a fucking mile. By god, i will lose faith in fucking humanity if they do this.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Shockblade501

Shockblade501 Well-Known Member

Let's not forget that cybertronians are literally an asexual race of beings, who only engage in romantic relationships on rare occasion. And those relationships are ONLY romantic and have no sexual activity, despite what fan fiction would have you believe. They have no need for sexual activity because that's not how they reproduce, and therefore they'd have no desire for it. So whatever goes on between Charlie and Bee will hardly be lewd if it's anything more than strictly platonic anyway. I told my girlfriend, who's also asexual, about the conversation that's been going on here and she said "Yeah, cuz remember that time Hogarth fucked the Iron Giant? Thought not"

If you watched TLK, when Bumblebee speaks and lifts Optimus from his trance, Optimus says "Bumblebee, your voice. I have not heard it since Cybertron fell." So he's been mute for a very long time, unless he just hadn't seen Optimus at all between the fall of Cybertron and the arrival to Earth.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Fair enough, I stand corrected. While I did see TLK, it was so utterly awful that I remember virtually nothing from it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Didn't Bumblebee use his "real voice" at the end of the first movie? I stopped after the third one so I haven't seen what you're speaking of here. But I could have swore Bumbles rambled something at the end of the first film.

• Like Like x 3
  8. BlitzTrackz

BlitzTrackz "Welcome to my tower, Master Chief."

741980506448.jpg

• Like Like x 13
  9. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

"I wish to stay with the boy."
    Does this quote ring any bells?

• Like Like x 4
  10. SimbaTron

News Credits:
    Go and Dm him and find out for yourself If you want to know.

11. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

PM Who, Exactly?

12. SimbaTron

News Credits:
  13. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

Except that the skeer we see in the trailer really has that same level of detail, it just uses it a lot better and with a much more iconic design.

Well, it's def more realistic in that it looks more solid. That's for sure. I've never had a major problem with movie bee's designs overall. The mechanical aesthetic works imo in that it helps the suspension of disbelief of where is all this mass coming from a car to make a giant robot? With this new design it kind of goes in the other direction with Bee being physically smaller because the parts are contracting inward rather then folding outward into a larger mass.

14. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We've had ILM staff saying that the segmented over-detailed look was a way they found to distract from imperfect reflections and what not in the CGI available at the 2006s, so chances are that if they went with the look this Bumblebee has the effects would've looked awful.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Wouldn't be so sure. The first Bayhem movies have even single pieces of the robot faces composed of even smaller parts. Compared to those Bee close-ups this Seeker model is much more simple.

16. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

I still think that has more to do with design then aesthetic. But in any case, it is an improvement.

17. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Well, the aesthetics of putting even more details within details means that one needs more geometry and bump and normal maps per model. Those won't build themselves which means they'll require more work hours from the people making CGI. Those work hours won't be free so it ends with CGI being more expensive that it'd be with more simple designs.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Shockblade501

Shockblade501 Well-Known Member

Not to mention a tremendous increase in render time which also makes a scene more expensive because more computers will be required to render out a scene in the same shorter time span, as it will be split into smaller sections to render simultaneously across multiple computers. Take into account that each scene is already going to be rendered out in its different layers and you've multiplied the number of separate renders by at least 5, almost definitely more on a blockbuster budget film. So these new designs should be way cheaper to render as well, and the fact that we're so much happier with a much cheaper design should have hasbro and paramount thrilled

• Like Like x 3
  19. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

Yeah, I suppose that's more of what I was getting at with the design using the aesthetic better. I think we're on the same page here, but reading from different paragraphs...Does that work as an analogy?

20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I've always like Bumblebee outside of his AOE modern Camaro and TLK forms. His face in TLK is just so over-done, with layers and bits on top of bits The actual design is hardly changed, but the surface detail is cranked up.

• Like Like x 1