"Bumblebee" trailers' screenshot and GIF thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by NemesisPrime12, Jun 5, 2018.

1. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well there is that Alita: Battle Angel movie coming out this year and the robot girl does literally give her heart to the human boy. If that counts, becusce the genders are reverse. :D 

• Like Like x 1
  3. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

Alita is a cyborg. Although the manga does go into that whole blurred lines of humanity scifi thing, Alita is technically human.

4. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    Never heard of it. Erm...when you say literally? I'm hoping it doesn't mean what I think it means? o_O 

5. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

It is, although the scene it's lifted from in the manga isn't a romantic act, but actually Alita making a wager. This is one of many reasons the film is gonna suuuuuck.

Alita's heart.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's based on a manga/anime and yes I mean "she literally gives her heart to the boy.", so make of that what you will.

I never read the manga, but I plan to give the movie a chance. It has to be better than the Ghost in the Shell live action movie.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

I still can't fathom what they were thinking trying to replicate "anime eyes" on a realistic character model...That alone tells ya that they have no idea what they're doing and are ruining one of the best mangas out there.

It wont be. It's exactly the same lame brained Hollywood venture of messing with something they don't understand when attempting to adapt anime/manga into a western movie. Just read the manga.

But anyway....How about that seeker design that might be Starscream maybe.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    @Megastar :confused: 
    Yeah that's what I figured you meant.

@Paxtin Seeker who may or may not be Starscream will fortunately NOT have anime eyes, but will rip out hearts and sparks alike, like a mechanical Mola Ram.

9. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Couple times actually. There was that scene in Dark of the Moon when Sam affectionately grabs the radio mouth thing. And he touched his face in the garage in Revenge of the Fallen.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Baird

Baird bug-stomper

Wow, knew nothing about this film until I saw the trailer, so the G1 design touches were a really pleasant surprise. I'm interested to see what comes next and how other G1 characters may look now. Of course, its insane this is coming about now, years and years after legitimate fan complaints were obnoxiously shut down and mocked, but this kind of corrective action is surely appreciated.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
  12. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

You know, I started looking at previous images of movie-bee, and side by side really shows just how much more reserved the mechanical aesthetics are on this version of Bee.
    BBFaces.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  13. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    It's also from the first arc of the manga same as the love story in the first half of the film. In the manga it was a bit more complicated though, and the story gets a bit graphic. But the scene and character build between her and Hugo doesn't seem that different from the Manga either.

The guy in your pic isn't Hugo. That's from a bit of a different arc. Been a while since I read it, but your panels iirc are from right after the Hugo arc. I'd have to dig out my copy to check. But it's a repeated action mirroring from when she wanted to give her heart to Hugo/also asked if she could kill him because she didn't understand these feelings she was having.

*Edit* In film techniques/story techniques, it's mirroring. An act of affection with the heart in the first part, so the act of it later is to heighten the lack of care for keeping it anymore at all, showing the emotional turmoil/turn she's going through. Or potentially if it is in the Hugo arc, it's her "putting her heart on the line for him". As she's putting her full heart that she wanted to give to him into trying to save him(don't fully remember where this scene was from either after the hugo arc or during her trying to buy time to help him, what they do to help him that leads to that ending that spirals into the rest). For general audiences, this kind of technique conveys character mentality and symbolism of various things. So it's not "the reason the movie will suck", it's actually one of the few minor things that may make it more something general audiences will comprehend. It should be in the Hugo arc though, as techniques go of story conveyance the act of emotional state mirroring is a pretty universal technique. There are other interesting things about Alita too, like how it's subversive to the fridged woman trope by how it inverts it, and some other things like that. Those things will probably get the bigger complaints from the "ignorant" audience areas that throw fits about the most ridiculous crap(and if they change that stuff, that ruins the soul/integrity of Alita and how her story progresses, which will then actually make it suck). The mirroring technique will be barely a blip. Assuming it's not in the first volume, which I could have sworn it was, but I can't find my first volume at the moment to double check. *End Edit*

So a bit misleading there. Not that the Hugo arc was one I was fond of either tbh(I liked the emotional conveyance, it was some of the graphic shock aspects that showed the horrors of her world that were needed to depict the harshness/inhumanity of her world, but also at the time I was reading it, was a bit much for me even though I understood why it was there to push how more human she was in comparison to the rest and there's a lot of stuff about that like in the demo sport stuff too in how it properly represents and pushes PoC representation too in the humanity of one of the other cyborg characters and his kid). There's some absolutely brilliant stuff in the Alita stories, but it does depend on how much they keep, and if the changes were only minimal things to heighten that impact of the later scenes. If they do wide-sweeping changes that negate the soul and story integrity of what each chapter conveys, then yeah it'll suck. But the trailer doesn't look like that's what they did. Well what can be told from what they've shown without spoiling the various twists and turns that are pivotal to her character development.

Everything after does kind of snowball from Hugo though. Including Alita's recklessness. To really get into that discussion would spoil that film for those that haven't read the volumes. Personally I'm more looking forward to the second half of the movie, and the sequels. That content is where Alita gets better and better and creates more interesting material as it further explores the world her story takes place in and the contrast of the opposing classes of what that world became.

Not sure why interspecies stuff is such an issue anyway. Star Trek did it all the time, as does Star Wars, Doctor Who too. It's actually pretty common in scifi in general, and really isn't that far off from the truth about affections/love having no real boundaries.

While I'm unsure of what I think of it in this regard, in general speaking, a character that's isolated and been through a ton of trauma, would be a character that's likely looking for compassion/affection some form of hope for a better tomorrow. It's really not that alien of emotional states as humans in that regard. Emotion is one of those universal concepts. Especially once you broaden your views outside of archaic alleged 'human cultural tradition' perspectives. And I don't mean in those ways that 'cheaters'/jerks use to rationalize their actions because they are selfish or only care about themselves and not how their actions impact others.

Good then they did move past that from the first movie. Still brings back the point though, how that's not looked at the same. Same kind of notion though, shows active comfort/closeness familiarity. A built and sustained bond. Really glad that is in the other films, forgot about that. I knew it wasn't really in the first movie. But now that you reminded me, I do remember bits of it in ROTF when he was leaving for college, and DOTM.

Goes to show how easy it was to forget the tender moments in the first 5 though, even when they were really good moments with high dramatic angles. Even the tenderness and respect Izzie shows in TLK often gets overshadowed by the fan whining and complete disregard for the content itself. There really was some good stuff in the first 5 movies, and with how often they get railed against by fans and the created mob mentality that's so against them, it's easy to forget there were those really amazing and heartfelt moments. Like how Bay also had a tendency to deconstruct the toxic male areas to denounce them, as well as denounce corruption and know nothing politicians and the BS they cause, but praise the good soldiers that have heart and honor, and fight for duty not 'superiority power fantasies'. There are a lot of interesting undertones to a lot of Bay's movies in that regard that really don't get enough focus instead of the constant bile thrown his way for whatever other reasons. Many of his movies do have some interesting commentary about respect and mistreatment of either genders by ignorant insensitive arrogant/privileged & disconnected individuals. With all the induced hate he gets, it's easy to forget he really does have some interesting commentary against those areas that are trying to induce that hate, or areas that he gets blamed for when he's stuck feeding into the same system as others of the time. Progress takes time across the board to get that freedom, and it really wasn't until TF07 and the sequels that he really got that freedom even more. Kevin Smith has an interesting anecdote about this with how he had to do Cop Out to get to do his passion project Red State. As do I'm sure many other directors. Even Patty Jenkins with wonder woman had some rather uphill battles to fight to get those epic wow scenes of the film into the film.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

None of which ever has her present her heart to Hugo, it never happens in the Manga. I even just now flipped through it to double check. The closest thing to it that some may confuse it with is
    when she plugs his severed head into her own vitals to keep him alive.

I know, that was my point. That's what bugs me about it. That they're taking that scene and trying to shoehorn it into another for a sappy romantic gesture.

Bringing things back to topic, here's another side by side:
    BBOld-n-New01.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  15. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

Yeah, i can totally see Bumblebee looks rounder, smoother and much more youthful than his total "Pure-Bay-ty" form.

16. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    For Bumblebee it's only natural for it to change so much. Bumblebee from what I remember was a loveable character for many fans. I'm not sure how much different he was treated in the comic though. But the latest trailer shows just how much the creative team wanted to evoke that in his nee image.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I prefer the more complex and detailed, and hope some decepticons will be that way. I hope.. :( 

• Like Like x 3
  17. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    She’s a legal loli! What’s wrong with that?

18. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Still see the Sunshine

[​IMG]

tbh kanna aint even that cute. fafnir best dragon

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  19. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Lucoa is best girl
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  20. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Still see the Sunshine

Fixed. :p 

[​IMG]
    kobayashi didn't need titonkas or other moe traits to be sympathetic and relatable. (not to mention not being a shotacon)

though I will give lucoa points for being a reference to quetzalcoatl

• Like Like x 1