Bumblebee Trailer LIVE

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Fc203, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Oh, we know that, but if the final MPM ends up like that, using an old design,it would be extremely disappointing, but honestly, expected-

2. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Hooked on a Feeling!

News Credits:
    One design change that I think was a good decision is the hood. In the earlier art, his entire hood forms the chest, whereas in the final version it's only the top half of the hood, and it's more segmented. I'm assuming the segmented portion was added to accommodate the tape deck (it looks like the lower panel retracts to reveal it, which wouldn't have been possible on the earlier art).

In the earlier version the hood seems kind of disproportionate. It's way too small in comparison to the fenders/headlights. Compare the parts to the actual car. In the final version, it seems more believable.

Edit: Also, I discovered a neat little (possible) G1/IDW homage in the design. The taillights of the Beetle end up on the rear of his feet. IDW's Bee's taillights are on the front of his feet, but I still can't help but wonder if it's an homage because usually movie Bee's taillights end up on his back.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  3. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    I like that Charlie works at Hot Dog on a Stick. Only had it in San Diego when BotCon was there, but they have great Lemonade.

6-13-2018 8-23-41 AM.png

• Like Like x 6
  4. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Just spotted this little gem on You Tube:

• Like Like x 6
  5. ambitron

ambitron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Where can you see this? I don't see the back of his feet anywhere in the trailer. Ah, wait, are you going by the poster? Are the marks on the back of the feet the rear lights then? I can't tell.

Can anybody actually tell how he is supposed to transform? I mean, I know the movies never worry about that (just as the old cartoons never did) and the car parts mostly disappear, but I actually love this new BB design and am hoping for a decent figure of it (and that they fix up the leaked possible MPM figure to get rid of those door wings and hanging-off-the-shoulder wheels). Which car parts are even visible? As far as I can tell:

- Front wheel arches and headlights become the shoulders.
    - The front bonnet/hood becomes his chest, but the front half of it disappears somewhere.
    - Wheels (front?) on his back shoulders.
    - Doors on his back.
    - Engine/tapedeck on his abdomen (somehow).

And that's about it. The hood, doors and two wheels. Everything else about the car just magically disappears or bends into completely new shapes to form the robot parts. It makes for a good-looking robot but is going to make it very difficult to get a decent figure out it, even harder than the Bay designs, I would have thought.

The battle mask likewise - Bay's Bumblebee's battle mask came down from the top of his helmet and was nicely reproduced in MPM-03, whereas this one magically appears and is about twice the size of the rest of his head. I'm not hopeful for an MPM reproducing that. So I guess I shouldn't get my hopes up too much for a faithful reproduction of this in toy form...

6. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Anthony Hopkins with a submachine gun. 'Nuff said!

Given the design's similarity to the 77' Camaro version of Bumblebee, I would look at that version (specifically the toy) and work from there. His legs are naturally made up of the back half of the vehicle so I have to guess a toy would pull some clever inversion or separate in particular ways to achieve the rounded look.

• Like Like x 2
  7. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Sadly, I think this is the first TF movie that I will skip at the theater. Feels like a near carbon copy of 07 and the "origin" feels silly when we know for fact that Bee participated in WW2. Plus the damn tape radio voice thing, which appears to be the origin focal point of the movie.

• Like Like x 2
  8. TheSoundwave

News Credits:
    @ambitron

You can tell in the scene when he's running away from Sector 7 and you see a closeup of his feet. You have to pause at just the right moment.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Venixion

Venixion Member of the notorious Pew-Pew Posse

News Credits:

They do have great lemonade. Too bad their corndogs suck. Now what I want back is Orange Julius!

• Like Like x 1
  10. TheSoundwave

News Credits:
    Is there a 4K version of the trailer available anywhere? I'd like to see HQ screenshots of Charlie's garage, I'm curious if there are any easter eggs buried in there...

11. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:

I'm sure she's just checking if he's alright, what he's doing in the water in the first place, i think he got injured.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  12. TheSoundwave

News Credits:
    Yeah, that definitely seems to be what's happening. Bumblebee probably gets hurt, and she has to jump in the water and repair/revive him or something along those lines. We know from the set photos that she's a swimmer, so it's probably part of a subplot or arc for her. I understand the romance thing as a joke, but I'm legitimately surprised how many people think there's really going to be a romance between a robot and a human in the movie.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Ae38

Ae38 Well-Known Member

Leave that shit to cringey fanfics

• Like Like x 4
  14. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Man, i LOVE how he bends his wings, it's just too iconic-ish it brings me a tear to my eye.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  15. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Disappointing everyone with each post! :D

No, I love femme bots.

It's been a while since I posted what you replied to, but I believe my point is that boy brands are moving into the female category because girl toys sell better. It's not that including females is wrong; it's when females are used to dumb down males or pander to women's need to bash the opposite gender! :banghead:  Back in the day, there were female G1 fans. And in order to get them, Hasbro was pushed into creating Arcee and other femme bots (they were staunch against the idea, if I recall correctly).

Basically, Hasbro archaically looks at toys as gender-split. So they inevitably create media/products that pander to one gender or another, while ignoring the profitable overlap between genders.

In other words: why make the BB movie co-star a young female lead? Why not have a male lead, too? Remember how Power Rangers includes both female AND male Rangers? Is that impossible for TF movies? Do we need to tailor the movie to ONE gender only? Of course, this could be Travis Knight's vision of a cute, romantic TF side story - that's fine. But if you look at this from a toy industry perspective? It's very much Hasbro pushing the brand onto females in order to recover from the diminishing TF sales.

TFs may have sold better than SW 8, as you mentioned... but I don't think you're seeing the larger picture. ALL [BOY] toys are selling much worse than they did 10 years ago. Heck, probably worse than even 5 years ago. It's affecting all BOY toy lines. This narrative is much clearer if you take some time to read investor reports from Hasbro (and stock news stories from investing companies), where they explain their slipping sales numbers.

16. ZapRowsdower

And he was created by the Allspark, don't forget! :thumb 

There's absolutely no heritage behind the character. I believe the Blu-Ray extras also explained that those weren't really his parents (being that he was created by the Allspark).

So yes, it would be impossible for any of Sam's ancestors (i.e. "father") to be included in the movie. :( 

But while we're on the subject of Sam being the only viable choice for a male lead in a TF movie (???), I'm shocked you don't think Spike or Sparkplug could be included. In an 80s TF movie. :confused: 

17. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Interner Soldier

News Credits:
    "Where's the male lead in the Bumblebee movie?" It's the title of the bloody movie.

• Like Like x 3
  18. ZapRowsdower

We have yet to see the full movie. So it's all speculation. I am expressing concern that they're trying to make this about his female co-star too much. CG is expensive, so it stands to reason there will be a LOT of scenes with the female lead. In a franchise typically meant for little boys? You don't see an issue there? :confused:  I think the movie could be AMAZING, don't get me wrong! But I still question the choice to make the lead a female. :confused2 

19. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Interner Soldier

News Credits:
    There's been 5 movies with male leads, I think the franchise can handle one movie with a female lead.

• Like Like x 1
  20. ZapRowsdower

Good point.

Assuming Knight pays extra for a ton of CG scenes? I mean, wasn't this the TF movie that had LESS BUDGET?

So, in line with the notion of a low-budget TF movie, I suspect BB will be cameo'ing a lot more than starring. To put it more clearly: do you remember Beetlejuice?

Even though the movie is called “Beetlejuice,” the character only has 17 minutes of screen time out of a 92-minute running time. 13 Facts You Didn't Know About 'Beetlejuice' | HuffPost

Just some food for thought! :)