Bumblebee Trailer LIVE

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Fc203, Jun 5, 2018.

1. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    Hey, I heard that one guy over there didn't like Infinity War. That means the fans aren't getting what they want, right? Because one dude doesn't like the way things are going?

• Like Like x 3
  2. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

No comments about Travis Knight raping anyone's childhood, as of yet... Fandom's maturing or what?

Frankly, I doubt if the TF2007 crew even knew about a G1 Micromaster with the same name when they were making their Barricade. More likely they were thinking of police road obstacles, especially given how Bee's a muscle car and Barry's an interceptor in the movie.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Of all the opinions that people frequently toss out here, thinking the "general audience" has the same expectations as hardcore fans is perhaps the most bizarre.

• Like Like x 6
  4. Skullhammer

Skullhammer Powermaster

Looks better than the past movies, but give those bots some faces...

5. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Exactly.

IMO, i'm not waiting for this film because of "oh the designs" or "OOHH the references", i'm waiting this film because the execution seems well done.

And let me tell you something

A lot of people will be disappointed by the jet we've seen

IMO, they've nailed the faces.

Bee and that seeker-scream seem good enough, a more human-ish face would be hard to look at. We haven't learned the lesson with drift and crosshairs?. Those are ehhhh.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Yeah, they went way too humanoid with the faces in AOE/TLK

• Like Like x 4
  7. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

It's got nothing to do with G1. Michael Bay's movies suck primarily because they are bad. With bad script, bad plot, bad story, bad editing, bad direction and bad acting. The fact that he has distanced himself from G1 was just the cherry on the cake - which now seems like a good thing, identity wise.

What we see now with something that looks like G1 Starscream and a whole scene directly from the Marvel Comics is the DISTANCE that this movie is trying to take from Michael Bay, which can be interpreted as a good sign. Because maybe, if they're steering far from Michael Bay, perhaps they're going in the right direction.

Hopefully, in the future people will remember the Bayverse as the bad transformers movies with the ugly bots.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Exactly, helps in the identity.

9. Skullhammer

Skullhammer Powermaster

I'm sure, there is a better way to design G1 faces for a movie.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Yup.

11. Galvatross

Galvatross Online Fandoms Suck! Veteran

I greatly prefer the more visually expressive faces of Lockdown, AoE/TLK Optimus, Crosshairs, Drift, Hound, and TLK Megatron to the insectoid Decepticon faces of the first trilogy. They're much more like G1 in that regard. As sentient beings I like most of the main robot characters at least to have a human touch to them.

Which is interesting given that people complained non-stop about the faces and designs of the first Trilogy robots and how they needed to look less alien and insectoid, especially the Decepticons, and when they change them to something more emotionally expressive the fandom hates the changes even more than the designs that they once complained about to no end. Funny how that works out.

If anything, I think Hot Rod should have had a face more like Crosshairs did.

• Like Like x 3
  12. oku

oku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lord NOTRAB suggested no Starscream:

upload_2018-6-8_19-32-16.png

13. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Anthony Hopkins with a submachine gun. 'Nuff said!

Making them all weirdly rounded and organic at the cost of minimal to no recognizable vehicle kibble in robot mode and outright cheating at Transformation by just having flying cubes instead of visually interesting part reorganization was not what people wanted. At all.

14. Galvatross

Well for one, they didn't all transform that way. I really liked the KSI transformations.

Two, those spikey, metal shard Decepticons with the insectoid faces were ripped apart by fans all the same.

Three, people hated how grey many of the first trilogy Cons were, while the new KSI Decepticon were largely more colorful, and the new Autobots were, too.

Does anyone even remember what the fandom was like in response to the first trilogy designs? The response from many existing fans was not positive to say the least.

I've always been fine with both. I think there's room for a variety of robot modes. Alt mode kibble. No alt mode kibble. Monstrous, alien s faces. Human-like faces. Humanoid bodies. Animalian bodies. Bizarre, alien bodies.

• Like Like x 1
  15. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are you going to imply that Infinity War made money because it was true to some kind of nerdy ideal of comic book accuracy?

Because let me tell you: Not a single person I know that saw it and loved it gives a flying crap about old comics, they simply saw it because it was well made and well marketed.

• Like Like x 3
  16. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    No no, I'm with you. I was implying that source fidelity wasn't the reason Marvel and DC succeed where Transformers doesn't in addition to the more obvious "one guy doesn't represent the whole" point.

17. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Anthony Hopkins with a submachine gun. 'Nuff said!

Of course you did. If it's literally anything that isn't traditional, you like it.

I never said anything to the contrary - just because the KSI drones/Decepticons/whatever were utter garbage doesn't mean that the weird predominantly Predator/Alien looking scrapheaps were acceptable, either.

...and what color were the two main bad Transformers again? Oh, right, GRAY and BLACK. It's actually kind of funny when you consider AoE Lockdown is super monochromatic while the original (superior) Animated Lockdown was one of the most colorful Decepticons on the show despite also being predominantly black in at. mode, because of all his body modifications being multi-colored in robot mode.

That was before anybody realized how much worse they could go with the designs. That's not to say those people are now hunky-dory with the new BB film designs, because several have made it clear they are not, but to put it in your terms, the movie designs were wildly out of the ordinary and out of people's comfort zones.

BUT, as it's been made very clear at the same time, a majority of people who hated the movie designs beforehand are VERY open to the new ones implied by the BB trailer, because they aren't spiky metal deathtraps OR weird humanoid organic things lacking discernible alt. modes in robot mode.

It's when you make statements like this that I seriously wonder if a film that claimed to be a Transformers film, but despite having sci-fi elements had absolutely no reference to transforming space robots whatsoever, would still be something you'd like just because it's "different" - or in other words I have no grasp of what your limit of deviation from the source material is.

18. Galvatross

Not always. What I am is open minded.

I have made it abundantly clear in the past that the core of franchise is that Transformers are sentient, sapient, alien robots with the ability to transform into a variety of alternate modes. THAT is the core of the brand. As long as Transformers fiction has examples of that, it is Transformers in my book. The G1 cartoon, the G1 and G2 comics, Beast Wars, Beast Machines, Dreamwave, RiD 2001, Unicron Trilogy, all five Bay movies, Animated, IDW, WFC/FoC, Prime, Rescue Bots, RiD 2015, the upcoming Bumblebee movie, etc. are all official pieces of fiction that have examples of transforming alien robots who think and feel like humans. They are all EQUALLY Transformers fiction regardless of which of those fans like and dislike. No exceptions.

• Like Like x 4
  19. RodimusSupreme

RodimusSupreme Autobot Leader and Combiner

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    They do have faces.
    Then you haven't read enough of these boards.
    This statement makes it sound like your saying that non-"traditional" (I.E., G1-esque designs) are always bad, no if's, and's, or but's about it.

20. RodimusSupreme

RodimusSupreme Autobot Leader and Combiner

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    This. ^