Bumblebee: The Movie To Become The Focal Point Of Transformers Brand Blueprint This Christmas

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Feb 10, 2018.

1. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
  2. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

That almost sounds as if they're talking about The Bumblebee movie being a light reboot.

• Like Like x 1
  3. usernamedustin

usernamedustin Lesser Known Member

"Phygital"?

Gross.

• Like Like x 9
  4. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

So 2018 may be my jumping off point unless the next Generation series is interesting.

• Like Like x 5
  5. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

6. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    They do know there are other interesting Transformers characters than BUMBLEBEE...right?

• Like Like x 10
  7. SimbaTron

SimbaTron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bumblebee being the thrown into our faces doesn’t bother me but i think i’m starting to be annoyed by it now but if Bumblebee is the Character that will save the Transformers franchise then so be it.And I’m starting to have doubts on if we will get a live action movie in 2019.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    So potp is indeed only lasting for four waves?!
    Inomprehensible.
    Scary times are ahead.
    Let's hope Hasbro keeps the generations line relevant for collectors that are interested in other characters than Optibeescreamtron.

• Like Like x 7
  9. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    I wouldn't fear.
    Afteral, PotP is basically just CW1.5, riding out the momentum which TR created.

That movie stuff is probably going to fund entirely new Generations engineering ( read : the next real new wideline gimmick ).

• Like Like x 5
  10. Music

Music Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    I really wish they would tell us how much each line has made. That's the most interesting part of all this.

Either way, this was a great read. Thanks for writing this up!

• Like Like x 1
  11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    The thread title is misleading. They say Bumblebee will be the focal point of the brand blueprint of Chistmas this year. Not the entire brand going forward. This is why it's important to actually read these articles, and I highly suggest the thread title be edited to be less misleading.

It's obvious why. They're clearly banking on the BB movie being a financial and critical success to try and save the TF movies from the stigma they've generated. If it works, it'll catapult sales as the push will be right there for when/if the movie is a hit. If it's not, they could just rely on regular old advertisement to move toys. It's not without risk, but it's far less absurd than the news post/title makes it out to be.

"Fanmily" has a new friend at least. :lol 

• Like Like x 11
  12. SilverOptimus

News Credits:
    Didn't meant to mislead. However, I changed the title slightly.

• Like Like x 1
  13. RorMachine

RorMachine TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The new Bumble Bee look, looks amazing! :) 

14. SilverOptimus

News Credits:
    You're welcome. And thanks for the compliment. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  15. SilverOptimus

News Credits:
    That's just a placeholder image from October. I do believe that's AOE Bumblebee.

• Like Like x 1
  16. RorMachine

RorMachine TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Oh iforgot XD

• Like Like x 1
  17. M'Kyuun

M'Kyuun Active Member

I hope they keep Generations alive and untouched by anything related to the Bayverse, as I\'ve really enjoyed collecting CHUG, and while CW was a bit iffy for me, what they\'ve been doing with TR and PotP has been fantacstic for the most part. I don\'t expect every toy to be a knockout, but I\'ve been happy with the majority of figures that have come out over these last two subthemes, and I hope it continues. There are still a number of character who need updates (Omnibots & Reflector, just to name a few), and with the current engineering being brought to bear, I\'d love to see these and other hertofore un-updated characters get their due in ABS.
    As for the Bumblebee Movie, I\'m torn; I want it to do well, as revenue generated will benefit all of Hasbro\'s lines, which means Generations. The flip side of that is that the Bayverse look and feel will continue to be the mainstay of the live action movies, and I\'m not a fan. From my own perspective, that makes me sad, as I want to be able to enjoy that aspect of the universe too, but I can\'t abide it. However, I\'m not the only TF fan, and I realize that alot of people do like Bay\'s take, so for those folks, it looks like you\'ll get more of what you love into perpetuity. Much like they do with the cartoons, I wish they\'d do another series of live action movies with a completely different look and feel to it. It doesn\'t have to be G1, just not Bay in any way, shape, or form. 
    As for making Bee the center, I think it makes good sense when you\'re trying to reach an audience between 5 and 13 or so; he can take on a younger persona and appeal more as a peer and friend. Prime\'s cool, but he\'s a very adult character, stodgy, pensive, disciplined (I speak of the character as a whole, not just Bay\'s take, which gives him unsettling shades of aggression and psychopathy). Moreover, Bumblebee\'s a very well known charcter, from G1 on; if they made the Windcharger movie, I don\'t think there\'d be as much of a showing. :)   
    Anyway, it\'s just a hobby, and like all hobbies, I choose the things about it that interest me and let the rest go. Life\'s too short to dwell on the stuff you don\'t like; focus on the stuff you do, and if you no longer find joy in it, find something in which you do (as long as its legal and doesn\'t hurt anybody else). The Golden Rule still applies.

• Like Like x 5
  18. M'Kyuun

M'Kyuun Active Member

Mods, Please remove my double post. For some reason, every time I used an apostrophe, it added a slash, so I attempted to refresh to hopefully correct it, and instead it double posted. Apologies.

19. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Yeah, I have thought about it and was excited:(  In AOE he looked matured and just cool!

• Like Like x 1
  20. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Did anyone else read "new, lower budget Transformers films"?

• Like Like x 6