Bumblebee: The Movie Bumblebee Appearance

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SilverOptimus, Jan 12, 2018.

1. BumblebeeNotOP

BumblebeeNotOP Autobot Second-In-Command

News Credits:
    Wandering aimlessly in California as a VW Bug
    That’s a relief. I was kinda scared that Bee would look stupid as a VW Bug to the fact that he might even go back to his G1 look. Glad to hear he’s still the Bee I know in the movies

• Like Like x 5
  2. electronic456

electronic456 擎天柱

News Credits:
    Honestly, the VW in the movie is going to be as important as golden dice is in the Last Jedi.

3. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Okay, popular then. Still this doesn't change the fact that kids (mostly) and adults are so familiar with his design that Hasbro is afraid to change it, Hasbro or whoever is in charge. My point is that there are some unique features of his design that will still be present even on a different alt-mode built if you know what I mean. Don't get me wrong! I too would like him too look differently but sadly it's highly unlikely that'll ever happened.

4. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I kinda liked what I saw. I hope people will like it too.

The render was for marketing materials, licensed products etc. Imagine it like the packaging art on Hasbro The Last Knight toys. Not sure how the final version will be. I doubt we'll see a drastic reduction of quality.

I'm guessing he looked younger to me since the Volkswagen parts are making him more roundish. Not too roundish like G1, but slightly.

Nope. No trailer date yet.

I can't give an exact date. But somewhere around UK Toy Fair perhaps?

Apparently the Golden Dice are the dice which Han Solo played to win The Millennium Falcon from Lando Calrissian. We may see then on the solo Solo movie. :D 

• Like Like x 5
  5. Lazlow007

Lazlow007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Was he doing any poses ? Or just standing ? With or without background ?

6. SilverOptimus

News Credits:
    Just standing. As for the background: I can't comment as I'm not sure whether it'll be a spoiler or not.

• Like Like x 6
  7. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    I know but to me it will be too weird..it might be the strangest yet since in Rogue One they made young Leia and Tarkin using CGI wich was alright but that guy to me doesn't really look like Han Solo at all.Don't think I can take it serious.Just do the Obi-Wan Kenobi movie..Ewan McGregor is still at the perfect age for it.
    Ohhh..so that means the background must be something more important..huh?Something that might point at some stuff from the movie?Because I wouldn't see how it would be a spoiler if it's not.

• Like Like x 2
  8. SimbaTron

SimbaTron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What do you mean? Is it a cybertronian landscape????? Charlie’s garage????? Final battle location????? A battle zone where he fought a decepticon?????

9. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

Garage most likely

10. toaprime

toaprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I guess that I would have to ask: could that be a scene that's hinted at in other movies? Like a battle on cybertron, bee in ww2, where he lost his voice, etc?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  11. SimbaTron

News Credits:
    You know what’s funny right???? We have already seen the inside of Charlie’s garage... we’ll sort of so it’s kinda not a spoiler

12. SilverOptimus

News Credits:
    I can't tell about the background without giving away a potential spoiler. I myself don't know whether it's a part of the movie or not. IF (big 'if') it is, it is something I'd have love to see in a TF movie. Furthermore, if I tell what the background is, it'll give away who showed it to me. While I'm not legally bound not to tell that, I feel like it'll be unfair to the people who gave me the sneak peek. I have to respect them for at least giving me the chance to tell you guys about this. :) 

Anyway, look forward to the cool stuff from Bee movie. I have a good, good feeling that this'll be the best one yet. With that I have to go silent. I'll be sure to bring little tidbits like these from time to time. It's been great discussing this with you guys. Reading the comments I'm guessing that most of you actually expected Bumblebee to retain his movie looks but with a G1 altmode.

Have a great weekend.

• Like Like x 11
  13. SimbaTron

News Credits:
    Alright boss

14. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

Thank for answering our questions

15. Galva Prime

Galva Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    What I expected. I don’t know why so me people expected him to look G1. His look wasn’t drastically different between WWII and the 70’s Camaro version, so it’s not likely he’d look completely different in between. I know he changed in AOE, but that was just to show that Stinger wasn’t better and was ultimately a stylised version of his original design; otherwise he’s looked more or less the same, just with different kibble.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I don't think we will hear the end of it any time soon because the it seems like the studio can't decide do they go for old fans or just totally reinvent the wheel. Not just with Transformers, it's been kind of a mess with how much nostalgia on GI Joe, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Star Trek, Baywatch, Ghost in the Shell, and just about everything Paramount has adapted from something old. They just can't ever seem to thread that needle so that old fans feel like it's all about them while at the same time brand spanking new fans feel that it's all about them.

• Like Like x 4
  17. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Lighter of Darkest Hours

News Credits:
    I was going to ask you that actually, how you saw it.

18. Music

Music Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    I mean, I feel bad for Paramount (even if they digged their own hole). Either aspect they decide to go with, movieverse or G1, the opposite side of the fandom will retaliate. Just look at how TFA and TLJ turned out. TFA was similar to the original trilogy while TLJ was different. There was an out cry on both sides of the spectrum.

Really, fans just don't know what they want.

• Like Like x 2
  19. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    Well said..I think SW is a great example,I always compare it's fandom to the TF fandom but somehow I still don't see quite that much hate there.The fans were divided since the prequel came to existance...they put the originals on a pedestal and no one can touch their standards..if it's different then it's too different and if it pays homage too much then it's a copy paste..I think some G1 fans would love something like that but whatever..

• Like Like x 1
  20. RorMachine

RorMachine We Were Brothers Once!

News Credits:
    I'm so hyped for this movie :D