Bumblebee takes top spot from Wii in Yahoo Holiday Shopping Search

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by mirage76, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

If it was just fanboys pushing things to the top then I'd expect GI Joe somewhere up at the top of the list. I mean you are lucky some places to find the single packs on the shelves for more than a few days or a few hours, oy and Flint has got to be close to Bumblebee as the scalper toy of choice.

Good that Transformers is getting into kids play patterns and imaginations, but sad that even with being at the top of the list Hasbro isn't making Transformers toys that I want. Get off your butts about getting Classics or Animated into the store for those of us that like Transformers but don't like movie Transformers.

2. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    more than likely the ultimate bumblebee was pretty high on the list anyway. But since wiis are pretty hard to find/ alot of homes have had them for the past year.
    parents have shifted their gift buying focus onto bee. Though this could just be a momentary lapse in the numbers.

3. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Next person to make a post in this thread that has anything to do with which consol is better or worse gets the wonderful golden ticket out of this topic!

4. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Yes, yes, bring it to Games and Anime, where it belongs :ev: 

5. Paper Mariowned

Paper Mariowned Well-Known Member

Yahoo existed back then?

Heh, jk, just bein a jerk :D  But you meant that Nintendo beat TFormers sales?

Cool to see our beloved lil yellow bot goin up to dukes with a really fun console. It's sad that a mix of Transformers on Wii was the worst 60 bucks I spent :(  Was fun as hell driving around at top speed but...not $60.00 fun

6. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    But I do notice that most people who disagreed with the Movie during production, shut the hell up after it came out. That makes me laugh.

As to this... huh. Bumblebee overtakes Wii, on an internet search? Huh. I guess the most popular thing people would want to find in their Christmas stockings is 'PRON' then.

7. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    I could deal with that.

8. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Almost as funny as people who still think they can make other people either love movie related things or hate movie related things.

9. BraveMax

BraveMax Used to speak Japanese

News Credits:
    Weird about U-BB selling out. If anyone wants an Ultimate Bumblebee, they're choking every toy store in Austin, Texas for miles around... At least, they were when I was there around Black Friday.

As far as this "news" is concerned... This is, let's remember, a ranking of most searched. Considering the search term is just "Bumblebee", I imagine it includes Ultimate, Concept, 1975, Fast-Battlers, Legends, Classic, not to mention all the OLDER Bumblebees that fans and people feeling some new-found nostalgia or buying for a loved one who is one of the previous two might be looking for. Hell, that could even take into account people searching for Bumblebee watches, clothing, etc... Doesn't it seem like there might be a good reason for Bumblebee to be at the top even if TF was just slightly nudged into the public consciousness? Wouldn't take much. Wii is only potentially a handful of products - Bumblebee is certainly a handful, potentially hundreds.

The fact that Bumblebee is at the top is not too surprising - I expect Prime is right behind him and a few other recent movie characters are right behind him. The fact that Wii is up there says something fairly significant about the ongoing demand for Wii consoles. It's not hard to check that assumption, either. Just go try to buy a Wii online... Apart from eBay, you'll find them just about non-existent.

I think I miss living in Tokyo. Even around heavy-buying seasons Wiis were (while not plentiful) at least around if you wanted one. Too bad I didn't at the time...

10. deceptifocus

deceptifocus *Supercharged*

Ebay:
    im pretty sure the news ppl were uninformed, and it was deluxe bumblebee as opposed to ultimate bumblebee

11. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Sucks for me, now I'll never find one. :( 

12. blueandwhite

blueandwhite Well-Known Member

Isn't that always the way though?

Alot of people still dislike G1, Beast Wars, Armada, Energon, Cybertron and so on. Thing is, it's only fun to discuss it when it's fresh news. I'm still not that fond of the movie designs, but it hardly seems worth discussing now.

13. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Oh yeah, my wife mentioned that the search term 'Bumblebee' might just be in reference to 'Bee Movie'.

Which is full of Bumblebee's that don't transfrom. Apparently. I don't watch non Pixar CG movies. Dreamworks CG films suck balls. Muhuhahaha. ;) 

14. Sungrazer

Sungrazer Spring hopes attorney.

Must be nice. Up here in the opposite corner of the country, the situation is... opposite.

We've got scores of Ultimate BB lying around.

But I have never seen a Deluxe CC BB. Not one. And of course, he's the one I want.

(If the longest you've seen one stay on the shelf is one whole day, it sounds like you've still got plenty of demand, even if you are starting to get some supply. That's not exactly shelf-warmer status, you know? Meanwhile, we've got Ultimates stacked like cord wood.)

15. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't recall saying he was shelf warmer, just that he wasn't hard to find.

16. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    yeah, goes for me too. I heard a couple parents at TrU the other day (monday) talking to an employee ~ he basically told them to get a BB you had to be there when the store opens on a day they restock. Effin' scalpers. i feel bad for all the kids who are gonna want BB for Christmas and not get one. :( 

seems like Hasbro shoulda done a revision pre-christmas case with 3 or 4 BBs per case.