Bumblebee (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Ironhide1706, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

This topic is for those who have seen the movie so if you haven't and don't wish to be spoiled, please leave now.

In the prisoner scene of DOTM, Bumblebee effectively made me love him. Me, the Bumblebee hater who honestly wanted that little bastard to die a very painful death instead of Ironhide. The way he broke down when Q was killed ("He was my oldest friend.") just melted my heart. :( 

Then, when Soundwave forced Bumblebee onto Wheeljack's lifeless body then brought back up to execute him, I was getting worried. If Bumblebee was killed after the traumitising execution of Q, I don't think Sam could have taken it. When Sam sat there crying his eyes out but unable to move his gaze from Bumblebee, my eyes got pretty misty. Then Bumblebee saw Sam and his expression was horrible. I was so sorry for both of them and with the blaster warming up right behind his head I was thinking: No Bumblebee!:cry 

Then Brains and Wheelie saved the day. I loved those guys.

2. Trikeboy

Trikeboy Well-Known Member

I know, then Bumblebee springs into action and kills all the damn Cons that were holding them prisoner including a very cool death for Soundwave. Go Bumblebee :D 

3. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

Bumblebee was definitely a lot better in this film. Not the codependant psychopath he was in ROTF...

4. megachin

megachin Banned

When you killed one of bee friends you know that your ass is going to be kick big time.

Very sad scene also the ironhide I bee was looking at ironhide death, you can feel for him.

5. Wheeljack94

Wheeljack94 Autobot Lycan

News Credits:
    yeah that was the one reason why i was ok with wheeljack's death. he was morned by my other favorite bot. and that old friend thing is a shoutout to them being the first two autobot friends on screen in G1 :D 

6. Ironhide1706

I loved that reference. I'm glad Bumblebee didn't kill Barricade as well though because that would be too much like Optimus "I'm freakin' Chuck Norris" Prime. :bay 

7. Wheeljack94

News Credits:
    true.

8. Trikeboy

Trikeboy Well-Known Member

Did you notice it was Barricade keeping an eye on Bumblebee when they were rounded up? A nice call back to the first movie when Barricade lost the fight with Bumblebee.

9. Ironhide1706

Yes, yes I did. :D 

10. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I was actually surprised that Wheelie and Brains actually did something and indirectly ended up saving Bumblebee and possibly others. And I didn't notice the (probably unintentional) G1 reference for the relationship between BB and Wheeljack.

11. Wheeljack94

News Credits:
    it was quick. idk about it being unintentional. there was a lot of G1 in this movie.

12. Sgt-mike-larry

Sgt-mike-larry Well-Known Member

As a massive Bumblebee fan it was quite sad, especially seeing the orange glow of soundwaves blaster humming to life. As they ubermelted ironhide.. i thought oh no maybe they will kill my favourite character off as a last hurrah!

Thank god they didnt as my god soundwave deserved the cannon to the chest explosm!