Minor/Repaint: BumbleBee/Soundwave Nest 2 Pack head swap

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Azurial, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Azurial

Azurial Well-Known Member

This is going to lead to a full on project but for now i wanted to share this.

Apparently most or all of the RotF bots can change heads with eachother (the Delux's atleast) so while messing around this morning trying to see which of my figures an Armada Delux Prime head could fit on without wildly using my dremmel at 7 A.M. waking up the wife and surrounding appartments, i got bored and swapped the heads on BumbleBee and Soundwave from the NEST 2 pack - Now I wanna grab another BB and SW for a custom that I have in mind but here are the pics. I feel that the head from each opposing bot looks great on the opposing body (hopefully you understand my meaning).

I was, at first, worried that Soundwave's head would prevent if from sitting flush on a surface but i discovered that the fears I had were unfounded as the wheels 1) mask the antenna, and 2) the antenna never reach half way down the wheels. Tranforming was another issue but as you can see, that was also unfounded.

Attached Files:

2. Autobotknight08

Autobotknight08 Well-Known Member

Tha Bumblebee head on soundwaves body would make a great movie waspinator . With a few wasp parts added of course but the robot mode is great looking already.

3. Azurial

i was thinking a black wasp using the wings from an insecticon or 2 and doing (for the soundwave swap) a Blaster repaint with MAYBE a tape deck alt mode or going for an entirely different look and something similar to the HoS Predaking where it was a 2 part combiner (i believe). if im wrong feel free to correct me :D 

I personally like the Soundwave head on the Bee body - maybe i can turn them both into inecticon variants...

4. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

No such thing as "wrong" in this business, bud. ;)  Both of those work surprisingly well, and both put me in mind of characters, and I can't for the life of me think who. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with them. :) 

5. Azurial

i just realised something - with an extra soundwave head i could cut the antenna off and use it as a custom Goldbug

6. Autobotknight08

Autobotknight08 Well-Known Member

Sounds awesome.