Bumblebee sabotage?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by airun_71, May 14, 2012.

1. airun_71

airun_71 Member

Bumblebee Toys Sabotage?

I have to admit, after becoming pretty much involved into collecting Transformers Toys for a while, in recent releases I noticed various versions of Bumblebee evidently lacking care for the design, eventhough it is one of the most popular characters among others, in both animated shows and movies. Somewhat suspicious to me..
    For example Human Alliance Bumblebee (which is cool anyway), or the latest release, the long awaited Leader version (supposedly much more detailed than previous versions) didn't feature both hands, which I have to underline, is a BIG MISTAKE!!
    Or hills that properly bend in position, like we see in the movies? Oh come on!
    The Cyberverse Commander version for the 3th movie, was a revisited version of the Legends release, quite lame transformation, nothing to compare with other charaters like Ironhide, who got a brand new cool Cyberverse commander version, much more accurate compared to its Legends version, plus additional, detachable weapons! Not to mention the newest release of Cyberverse Commander, way more neat transfomation and accuracy.
    With the Battle Ops version they did it again, no right hand! Just the f*kin cannon instead! :banghead: 
    But then we see other characters featuring both hands plus additional weapons! Like most recently the first release of Transformers Prime Cliffjumper, that features both hands, and the right hand can simply turn into a cannon! So don't tell me they couldn't figure out how to make it work like that for BB! We saw something similar with Skids for the 2nd movie release.

I don't think it was that difficult to come up with actually good ideas to make a proper version of any release. The only one I can think of is the Deluxe Battle-Axe version, which feature both hands, retractable cannon and battle-mask, all in one (that's a miracle). Almost perfect compared to previous versions, almost..

Then I ask you, passionate collectors, is this some kind of joke??
    Or is it there someone in Hasbro that clearly hate the character??
    Don't get me wrong, I don't think they are all crap; actually I collected a good number of them already, but still it's kind of frustrating to see very good design mistreated like that, for apparently no good reason.
    I look forward to hear your thoughts about it folks.

2. stepsongrapes

stepsongrapes Well-Known Member

What????

As to your question, the cannon-only bees have the firing missile gimmick (or some other canon-related gimmick). Collectors may not care about firing missiles, but they're a popular gimmick.

Basically, apply Occum's Razor: it's likely not a crazy conspiracy theory when other explanations will do.

3. GAUGE

GAUGE Transformers Fan since 1985

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    A little late to be bitching about movie-verse bee's don't you think?

4. airun_71

airun_71 Member

As for the gimmick stepsongrape, you're right, but still I can't help it to think it's quite a shame that we don't get a more accurate version of it.

Yea Gauge, maybe a little late, but I've been thinking of it for a while now, since I saw recently much more accurate releases of other characters coming out, I couldn't help it but to notice the difference with the poor BB.
    And you know what, if they ever come out with a more accurate release of the 76's Camaro version, I'm gonna buy it right away! :thumbs2: 

5. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    There's a really movie accurate movieverse Bumblebee released recently, the Revoltech one, unfortunately it does not transform. There's also the DOTM DMK02 Bumblebee, rather nice if you ask me. :) 

But I do believe they can do better with the design of Bumblebee, for example, the Battle Ops/MP ones, it became bulky because of the electronics. Then came the DOTM Leader, the bot has no electronics, only the MechTech, but the bot itself is a lot smaller than battle ops, and let's not get started with the Deluxe ones...

6. airun_71

airun_71 Member

Let me tell you. IMHO a transformer that doesn't transform, has no reason to exist at all, so I didn't consider the Revoltech action figure at all, which is just a robot replica.
    People who customized a few different versions of transforming toys, have proven it can be done better, even having both hands and still retaining the gimmil of missile launching cannon. It's just a question of how much accuracy they put in a figure...

7. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    Well, yeah, that's the problem with striving for accuracy, transformation. I guess the most accurate figure that has a semblance of transformation is the TFTM/2007 Takara Trans Scanning Bumblebee, it even has the protoform.

8. airun_71

airun_71 Member

Gosh, you touched a hurting point with the Takara Trans Scanning Bumblebee, I had that figure, and let me tell you, somewhat disappointing. Not only it is cranky and bulk, but it has serious issues when it comes to transformation.
    Until now the best transformation for me was the Human Alliance (with some minor flaws). It can always get better! :wink: 

9. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    Forgot about the HA, yeah, just a bit of improvement/retooling by Takara/Hasbro it has the potential to become the most movie-accurate Bumblebee, and also it is just the right size, in between the Deluxe and Battle OPs/Leader. Ultimate is just too big and bulky for me, I don't enjoy transforming it.