2D Artwork: Bumblebee Pixel Car

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by SkipMonkey, Sep 15, 2007.

1. SkipMonkey

SkipMonkey Member

Now if you don't know what a pixel car is then here,

pixel cars is a sub-artform of pixel art that is, you guessed it, cars. There should three views, front, side, and rear; but more views are acceptable (top, open engine/doors/trunk/etc, 3/4) they have no perspective and are made pixel by pixel in MS Paint. if made in PS using tools like blur, it is no longer considered a pixelcar.

there are two styles, scaled: which are scaled to the actuall cars (mostly made with blueprints) and follow the basic rule of thumb: 1in=1pixel.

the other style is kk, or kurukuru (named after the creater of pixelcar's username): they are squished like mine below. They have less shades than scaled (scaled ranges from 6 shades or more give or take, kk is usually 4 or 5 shades). kk were the first pixel cars and are still just as popular as scaled.

basically it goes like this, a pixelcar artist makes a base (stock car). then another pixel car artist will make a tune (customised car) out of that base by doing stuff like making body kits and using rims that usually are also made by other pixelcar artists. anything used in a tune that was not created by the tuner must be credited, base included.

and that is basically what a pixelcar is. official site: pixelcars.com

and here is mine of bumblebee. the robot was made completely by scratch in MS Paint. The actuall pixelcar is basically the stock base with diferent rims and bb's paintjob.
    [​IMG]

credits
    base: CR454
    rims: N.ozols
    (these are obviously usernames from pixelcars.com)

C&C plz

2. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    so it's like SNES Bumblebee? The bot looks cool, nice work.

3. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    Awesome. I'm always amazed by what MSPaint is capable of.

4. nightboomfer

nightboomfer SeƱor Member

I like really tiny art. That is an awesome Bumblebee.

5. megacron

megacron THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Work I'm No Good At Pixel Art Heck I Bet YOU could Make Your Own Game On Gamemaker!

6. RunaR

RunaR Well-Known Member

This has just as much to do with Mspaint, as a hammer that makes great chairs. I'm always amazed what some people are capable of. I would not have the patience to draw some thing pixel by pixel. I did it once for a skin on a quake 2 model. Never do I want to do that again :)