Bumblebee=pet

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by LordShockwave, Nov 5, 2011.

1. LordShockwave

LordShockwave Harold of Power.

News Credits:
    it seems like with bumblebee's moaning and beeps or whatever in a 3 movies it makes him kinda seem like a relationship with a boy and his dog (sam an bumblebee) he always had his "puppy-dog eyes" like in ROTF when sam told him he wasnt taking him to college. it really seems more like someones relationship with theyre dog rather than a relationship between two people (even though bee is like 15x bigger)
    am i the only one who thinks this?

2. Minh'T

Minh'T Descendant of Primus

Facebook:
    I think Sam do treat Bee as a dog in ROTF " Get in the garage"

3. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    cool story,bro.

4. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, Sam and Bumblebee's relationship kind of bugs me. For some reason it feels like Sam is always treating Bumblebee like crap.

5. Fifam94

Fifam94 GO AIR FORCE

You know what doesn't make sense? In ROTF, Sam was trying to avoid Bumblebee & stop interaction with him, to quote "I'm not taking you to college" I wanna be a normal boy with normal problems, yadda yadda. But in DOTM, Sam's acting like a whiny bitch trying to "hang out" with Bee, even though he wanted to avoid him in the first place.

6. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    A wise man once said, "You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone."

I wouldn't say it didn't make sense. It's an arc. Have you never had a relationship like that? It's quite common. People are allowed to change their feelings. Sam wanted to "be free" and "have some space" in RotF, but then in DotM, Sam once again realized that having a giant bitchin' robot was pretty bitchin'.

7. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

I think their bond was the best in the first movie, because I do agree that it seemed less equal in ROTF. DOTM was sort of in between.

Sam does seem like he treats Bee as more of a pet after the first movie. And it does bug me. But I think that's a problem in the writing in the sequels - the Transformers weren't treated enough like people/individuals in their own right, and often came across more as being used an extra set of weaponry for humanity to use in its fight against an alien (Decepticon) invasion.

8. decepticon2020

decepticon2020 Best there is @ what I do

Yeah, they seemed like better friends in the first movie. Well, Sam had just gotten his first car, and it even came with an extra surprise: it transformed! Who isn't gonna love that? But in DOTM, it does show that Sam cares about Bumblebee cuz he was willing to go out there and stick a boom-stick right up Soundwave's a$$ just to save Bumblebee's life. But there are also scenes that bother me, like in DOTM when Sam is yelling at Bumblebee at the NEST base, although that was funny.

9. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I don't think Bumblebee is a pet.

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

[​IMG]

I think you have the wrong animal. A dog can't move like Bumblebee so with all the flipping around and ninja stuff Bumblebee has to be a cat.

I really don't see the Sam and Bumblebee relationship as a boy and his pet but the relationship comes off more like an older brother and a clingy younger brother. Not odd for an older brother to go off to college and a much younger brother wanting to go with him. By Dark of the Moon we even see that envy in Sam of when an older brother gets upset that his younger brother got the cool job and the older brother is stuck with a stinky job.

11. Honorbound

Honorbound The Reclusive Semi-Lurker

You know, you're right. It makes perfect sense.