Bumblebee Movie Will Shown First Trailer And Poster At Cinemacon

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by pie125, Apr 22, 2018.

1. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

:useless 

• Like Like x 16
  2. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Hooked on a Feeling!

News Credits:
    I was hoping we'd at least get some kind of teaser poster or new still, but oh well. I'm actually pretty satisfied with the description, it's just enough to wet my appetite. I'm sure we'll see more in the coming weeks.

• Like Like x 5
  3. electronic456

electronic456 Dog of Raw

News Credits:
    Summary of thoughts:

I'm glad to hear there is a fresh new spin to this.

I knew E.T. and Iron Giant are big influences and I'm glad to hear those influences seem to have paid off.

I know people are raving about Starscream but to me I think it's the new direction taken that's the biggest take away.

Last but not least.... I'm not gonna let feelings from previous installments influence me with this. Like surely people can look forward to Solo without the thought of TLJ in their mind. Much like how feelings of Justice League shouldn't influence thoughts on Aquaman.

• Like Like x 11
  4. Burnout00012

Burnout00012 Studio Series Devcon when?

In the spirit of this movie being influenced by the Iron Giant...

WHERE'S THE FOOTAGE, MANSLEY?!?!

• Like Like x 20
  5. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout War Dog

Based on my understanding of Movie Starscream's transformation, it essentially just "scrunches" the jet body in the middle. Not saying that it isn't impossible they translated the F-22 transformation to an F-15 (or similar F-series jet like the F-14 or F-16), but if they're going G1 in any stretch of the imagination, then they might as well go for broke and go full G1.

I love how you seem to completely miss the fact the only reason people are liking Bumblebee from this trailer is because it is absolutely nothing like the past five films. G1 Starscream (in color if not more), actual emotional impact, pretty much everything people have wanted from the films.

You are championing the destruction of Bayformers by way of the director evidently actually giving a damn about the franchise. One guy even went so far as to say the Bumblebee trailer was better than the entire movie franchise to date.

I am one of the biggest skeptics of this film and even I am entertaining the thought this might actually be a real Transformers film. Which means you'll hate it for being nothing along the lines of what came before it.

People do legitamately believe that TF6 with Unicron is still going to happen if Bumblebee somehow works.

The reality is that even if the film is good, it's not going to break the box office. TLK ruined Transformers in the realm of public opinion and even with a smaller box office, Hasbro already is moving toward a full franchise reboot to unify all the media output.

Bumblebee itself was almost canceled - saved purely by being too far along in production to stop. But it was moved from the competitive season in the middle of Summer to Christmas weekend where the only thing it is competing against is Aquaman (which ALSO seems to be getting good reception so even there Bumblebee might be in trouble). Paramount does not expect this film to pull massive numbers.

But people will honestly believe that TF6 will happen no matter what, until it either actually happens or Hasbro legitimately comes out and says "the movies are canceled" in no uncertain terms...and even then some will continue to be in denial.

Charming as always.

Can't claim credit for that, it's what was thrown around about Movie Starscream when his design was first leaked back in 2007.

Except, as I pointed out, the only reason Bumblebee wasn't canceled is because the film was too far into production to be worth stopping. Paramount is also in the middle of a massive shakeup after years of underperforming films, of which Transformers is now one of, and reorganization is critical.

Additionally, Goldner throwing out these insane plans for multiple movies every year is him trying to keep shareholders happy, because TLK being a massive box office bomb was more or less strike 2 in terms of his movies-first angle of Hasbro leadership being a disaster these days - strike 1 was the Jem film which completely wrecked Hasbro's plans to introduce a girls toyline that would compete against Barbie.

Probably not until tomorrow or Friday at the earliest.

• Like Like x 2
  6. electronic456

electronic456 Dog of Raw

News Credits:
    Can both sides just ease up please?

• Like Like x 10
  7. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    This! I'm mostly curious to see what that G1 colored Starscream looks like.

• Like Like x 15
  8. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Neoseed

News Credits:
    Sounds like it has the potential to be freaking adorable, also very curious about this red and white winged TF.

• Like Like x 7
  9. Mglaighton120

Mglaighton120 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I wonder if the cgi looks any good. Recently cgi in movies have been horrible. Specifically recent mcu films.

• Like Like x 6
  10. MegaPrime1007

MegaPrime1007 The Great Defender of the Movieverse

News Credits:
    I know right <3
    I feel like the people who have been sick of Bumblebee will actually lighten up to him. He seems so young and adorable based on the description.

• Like Like x 5
  11. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

I was just hoping to get the disappointment over with tonight so it isn't hanging over my head tomorrow. I got shit ta do. Lol. I keed!

• Like Like x 2
  12. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Maverick

News Credits:
    Surely somebody recorded it right? How tight was the security anyway?

• Like Like x 1
  13. MegaPrime1007

MegaPrime1007 The Great Defender of the Movieverse

News Credits:
    It also makes sense that Charlie renames him Bumblebee. In TLK, they said Bee used to be called BB7, so it make sense that his name changes later down the line.

• Like Like x 3
  14. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

I wish they’d released these trailers to the public. The decription of the trailers for this movie and the new Halloween make me wish we could watch them.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Operative294

Operative294 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Speaking of CGI, I wonder if ILM will do the vfx for this movie.

16. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

Hasbro's a sneaky sneaky lot.

Bumblebee was formerly "BB7."

What number comes after 7?

• Like Like x 8
  17. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

No description of what bee looks like or the Jets?

18. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Hooked on a Feeling!

News Credits:
    I'm a little concerned about this too, it's crossed my mind a few times. I thought some of the CGI in Thor: Ragnarok and Black Panther was very cartoony. The animation in Ragnarok kind of worked because it was a more stylized and goofy movie, but I thought BP's effects should have been more practical and gritty. If Bumblebee is a more comedic and lighthearted movie, cartoony CGI might work for the tone. Or the CGI might be completely photorealistic, they still have eight months to work on it.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :cry . Why must Bay's influence continue to ruin Transformers. It's like the ultimate tease.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Jtprime17

Jtprime17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If it is Starscream And they give him a f-15 altmode ima flip.

• Like Like x 2