Bumblebee Movie Vehicle/Character Speculation

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Waveblaster, Jan 19, 2018.

1. lonewolf96

lonewolf96 Venomous Brother of the Trio De Dangers

News Credits:
    Good point just makes me wish we knew if who these mystery cons are if there are in fact 2.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Galvatross

Galvatross Swamp Lord Shrek-traoridinairre! Veteran

I can't disagree, but I'd also say that a big part of it is what people want. Most fans want their favorite popular characters to be focused on rather than more obscure ones. Plus, the core characters you mention are very popular with the public from what I can tell. It is what it is.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Waveblaster

Waveblaster Well-Known Member

Well, Hasbro toys love to use codenames. I wouldn’t be surprised if Scrash and Decker are codenames to keep character identities secret for now.
    Decker would be a perfect code name for Soundwave considering his G1 counterpart transforms into a tape deck.
    Scrash (scratch) could work as a code name for Rumble considering he turned into a tape, which plays music like a record would.
    Could also work vice versa, as Soundwave would be a DJ, using tapes... not to mention he has actually been seen scratching tapes in G1, and his Cybertron counterpart had the personality of a DJ. He could be Scrash.
    454D19CD-D608-4CD5-A95F-EC3D983AE66A.jpeg
    And Decker works for rumble as he was a tape that would store in a tape deck. Not to mention this car is red and black just like Rumble.
    DA9F6313-1ADE-4D96-88BD-B90DA5A3EE61.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  4. lonewolf96

News Credits:
    I agree there's nothing to say that makes this not work as a good theory. Actual there's one thing The only catch that I see is the codenames. Unless the studio series and bumblebee movie figures are separated we have 3 unidentified codenames and its unlikely that 1 figure has 2 different code names. Mabey the lines are separate we just don't know yet.

• Like Like x 1
  5. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh it is Go Time!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Waveblaster

That’s true, but they are deluxes as opposed to gimmick toys.
    However the current codenamed Studio Series toys could simply be toys from past movies. The Bee movie doesn’t come out until December, so we probably won’t see toys from that particular film in the Studio Series until wave 4 or 5.

• Like Like x 2
  7. lonewolf96

News Credits:
    Agreed fair point

• Like Like x 1
  8. Galva Prime

Galva Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The leaked slides with Studio Series, POTP etc. specifically shows wave 1 with ‘TF6 Stryker2’ (i.e. Bumblebee Movie Bumblebee). Though I’ve also thought that April will be way too early for Bumblebee movie figures though, so maybe they’ll swap him with the other ‘Stryker’ figure, which is presumably a new mould for TF1 Bumblebee.

‘Decker’ would follow the pattern of Bumblebee movie codenames being Australian race horses (yes, really), though ‘Scrash’ doesn’t, unless it’s a mistake and should be ‘Scratch’.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  9. toaprime

toaprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If those names would be true, I wouldn't see much that I wouldn't like. But, I did want to see either Soundwave or Barricade in this movie and another Autobot.

Those Decepticon names do sound pretty awesome though. And the dancing gimmick does sound interesting to say the least.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Waveblaster

Wave one does seem extremely early to release a TF6 toy... though I would bet on Bee scanning the Camaro from the first movie in the Bee spinoff.

Though obscure, Scrash is actually a real Transformer.
    Scrash (OC) - Transformers Wiki

But again, could be a codename because Dreadbot from The Last Knight was originally known as Hooligan, also the name of a real Transformer.
    Hooligan (G2) - Transformers Wiki

• Like Like x 1
  11. Galva Prime

Galva Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmm, though the codenames used in the production (like Cyclonus for Galvatron) tend to be transformers names, they’re different from Hasbro’s code names which have a non- Transformers theme (Adrian for Galvatron) so Scrash is a bit of an oddity in that case. Well, two weeks to Toy Fair and hopefully we’ll have a better idea :) 

• Like Like x 1
  12. Waveblaster

Agreed. Waiting for some news. :) 

13. Dconworshipper

Dconworshipper decepticon

meh don't know how i feel about the lack of barricade in the film.

you would think that since barricade is the most popular movie decepticon right now,that they would add him, even if it was just to get some bank on a new toy.

if "scratch" and that other guy are indeed the only 2 cons to appear in the film,then i guess we will never get to see what caused the rivalry between barry and bee. would have been cool if the other autobot was a very good friend and partner of bee and that barry kills him in a cruell way thus starting the barricade vs bumblebee thing. atleast that's what think would happen.

14. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I' hoping there code names for them hasbro does that alot

15. sideswipe3

sideswipe3 Well-Known Member

16. Waveblaster

Again, I never really felt like there was a rivalry between Barricade and Bee. Soundwave was the one who tried to execute Bee in DOTM. Barricade acted like he didn’t even notice Bee and went after Que instead. And in TLK they barely payed any attention to each other save for one small chase sequence. The only thing they really have going is the first movie fight, but just because that was the first movie fight Bee doesn’t maje Barricade his nemesis.
    Maybe it’s just me, but I never saw a rivalry between Bee and Barricade.
    Though I definitely don’t want Scrash to be a legit name in this movie. Still hoping it’s a codename.

17. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    I think it was more Soundwave outranked him and had a score to settle with Bumblebee. He is shown looking at Bumblebee as he is being taken away to be executed before walking away to join up with Shockwave's group.
    Untitled.png

• Like Like x 1
  18. Waveblaster

I can see that.
    However, Bee did kill Soundwave’s two pets (Laserbeak and Ravage). Meanwhile Soundwave was spying on Sam and Carley, then held them hostage.
    It just seems to me that Soundwave/Bee have better fuel for a rivalry than Barricade/Bee do.
    Barricade never hurt Sam, and was only interested in getting information from him. Bee never did anything to piss Barricade off. That’s how I see it anyway. Yes, they fight, but I don’t think it’s personal. They are at war after all.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  19. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Well, well, well. Today's Cyberverse toy reveal tipped the Nuremberg Toy Leak in favor of being true. What used to be 50:50 is now at least 55:45. Nevertheless we are just 2 days away from the actual reveals.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Lazlow007

Lazlow007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    my_body_is_ready.png

• Like Like x 1