Bumblebee Movie Vehicle/Character Speculation

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Waveblaster, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Waveblaster

Waveblaster Well-Known Member

With very little news about the Bumblebee movie coming out lately, I've been speculating which Cybertronian characters might be in the film. Luckily, quite a few on-set vehicle images have been leaked.

First off, of course we have a yellow VW which has already been confirmed to be Bumblebee, as we all could have guessed.
    IMG_0832.JPG

Next we have what seems to be a heavily modified GTX, which has been confirmed to be the main villain of the film. Will it be Barricade, Soundwave, or someone new? Maybe Dead End or Knockout?
    IMG_0822.JPG

Next up we have a red semi-truck. With Peter Cullen confirming his return in the Bumblebee film, this is most definitely Optimus Prime (Though, unfortunately the interviewer didn't ask the present Frank Welker if he'd be in the movie). Also, I know we watched Optimus arrive to earth in 2007, but The Last Knight suggests he was present on earth long before that. So maybe he showed up, left, then returned.
    IMG_0825.JPG

Next we have a black Mustang. Since Barricade is a Mustang in the 2007 movie and The Last Knight, could this possibly be him? With the news of a possible upcoming Barricade toy, this may very well be him (Barricade To Appear On Bumblebee: The Movie? - Transformers News - TFW2005).
    IMG_0831.JPG

Next, we have a blueish/silver colored Bronco. Since Bumblebee and Optimus are very G1 inspired, I believe this could be Soundwave. The bluish color and the boxy design would be perfect for a G1 inspired version of this character. However, the vehicle mode (rather than a boom box) and the silver tint also allow him to stay similar in design to his appearance in movie 3. It was also revealed by Mr. Goulde in Dark of the Moon that Soundwave had been on earth since the 80's, so I believe this would be a perfect opportunity to reintroduce him into the films. Not to mention, he was originally going to be a Jeep in the 2007 film before being cut from the script.
    IMG_0833.JPG

Next up is this black charger. Since it’s all black I’m thinking it could be Hot Rod since his vehicle mode in TLK was all black.
    IMG_0824.JPG

Next up is a red Oldsmobile Cutlass. I'm hoping and guessing this one is Cliffjumper. The car heavily resembles Cliffjumper's alt mode seen in Transformers Prime.
    IMG_0821.JPG

This next image shows two vehicles, one red and one yellow. Could this be Bumblebee and Hot Rod after scanning some new vehicles? They've both done so within the films before.
    1499400914-bb2.jpg

Next are some pics of other cars that could possibly be Transformers, but are most likely just civilian vehicles. Maybe Sunstreaker and Breakdown? Probably not, but who knows...

IMG_0827.JPG IMG_0829.JPG

I'd love to hear what others have to say about these vehicles and which transformers they might be! Feel free to post any more on-set vehicle pics if I missed any!

Image sources:

Closer Look At Bumblebee From The Set Of Transformers Universe: Bumblebee - Transformers News - TFW2005

The Bumblebee Movie News Roundup: Brighton Falls - Transformers News - TFW2005

Bumblebee Movie On-Location Set Pics. - Transformers News - TFW2005

Transformers: Bumblebee 2018 Starts Shooting in August, Maybe Sixth Film in 2019

Cullen confirming his role in the Bumblebee movie:

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  2. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well didn' Soundwave leave earth for awhile and there 4 robots in this movie and wasn' hot rod guarding vivaine and the last pic there just cars for fixing but in honesty tho is that actually optimus or just a truck

3. Waveblaster

This movie is set in the 80's. That's when Soundwave was on earth and made a deal with Goulde's father. In ROTF he was in earth's orbit, but still close enough to earth that he could come back down at any time. Viviane would have been far too young for Hot Rod to be disguised as her car. She would have actually been just born. Maybe one or two years old. So I think Hot Rod was still hanging around Bee.
    Plus Optimus left earth too, as he wasn't on earth when the first movie began. Cullen confirmed he will be in the movie though, so I suspect the truck is Optimus.
    Also, where did you hear there will only be 4 bots in this movie? I think there might be a few more.

4. snokoan

News Credits:
    I
    I think it' confined that there's for robots I'm not sure of I believe that just yet but news sites confirmed this and other movie news

• Like Like x 1
  5. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Honestly, I'm hoping that we get Barricade, Soundwave, and whoever the Plymouth is as the Decepticons. Mainly so we get Soundwave and Barricade interacting.

• Like Like x 2
  6. snokoan

News Credits:
    I would love to see that now I'm starting to think that car might be Soundwave

7. Waveblaster

Hmmm I can't find articles anywhere confirming 4 bots. I think the only bot confirmed so far is Bee. I'm thinking the cast will be small. I'm thinking about 3 major Autobots, 3 major Decepticons, and then maybe a few cameos like Optimus and maybe Starscream and Shockwave. Also hoping for Arcee, Jazz, and maybe Wheeljack cameos, but that's probably too much to ask for lol. Unless the movie opens with a Cybertron flashback or something.

8. Waveblaster

Soundwave and Barricade did have a small interaction during the execution scene in DOTM, but I'd love to see more!

9. snokoan

News Credits:
    Hmm have you tried searching Lorenzo with it or watched one of the ragin nation video?

10. Waveblaster

This article? Lorenzo di Bonaventura Talks Bumblebee Movie & Movie Business In China, Reveals Number Of Bots In The Picture Transformers News Reviews Movies Comics and Toys

He mentions that it will star only 4, but STAR being the key word. I have a feeling (and hope) we will see a few cameos. Kind of like how Sideswipe and Arcee only showed up for a few minutes and had about one or two lines each. Optimus and a few other bots will probably only show up for a bit, but I'm thinking Bee, Hot Rod, Soundwave and Barricade will have larger roles.

11. snokoan

News Credits:
    I hope not rod is in this film and Soundwave i think they are showing some stuff at London next week with the official bee render

• Like Like x 1
  12. NemesisPrime12

NemesisPrime12 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just hope we could get Barricade so we could get the proper fighting between Barricade and Bumblebee. Also I hope that we could have blitzwing as triple changer. That would be interesting

• Like Like x 3
  13. Waveblaster

I also want Soundwave to fight Bee and not die this time! Maybe give some backstory to why Soundwave chose to execucute Bee.
    Barricade and Bee had a cool fight scene in The Last Knight but it was cut out of the movie and used in a Sonic commercial...

14. Waveblaster

Yeah, I think Hot Rod and Soundwave need to be in this movie for continuity reasons. The Last Knight showed us that Bee and Hot Rod were a team and we learned in Dark of the Moon that Soundwave made an alliance with some humans in the 80's. I'll be happy if we get more news on this movie soon!

15. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

No to:

- Soundwave.

-Cliffjumper or 1984 Autobots.

Yes to:

- A new Decepticon or two.

-Deadlock before he became Drift. That could show why he becomes an Autobot.

Maybe to:

-Barricade IF he is given a larger focus than the films he's appeared in so far.

Fantasy wishes:

-Not likely happening due to the low number of robots, but since the setting is the California coast I would LOVE for there to be Sharkticons in this.

-Also since it's on the California coast: Beachcomber.

• Like Like x 5
  16. GuardianPrime19

GuardianPrime19 Prime

News Credits:
    Yeah no... Optimus arrived on Earth in 2007 during the events of TF1. Its probably just a vehicle omage to G1 Prime

17. Waveblaster

The producer specifically stated they are using original G1 bots. I mean it is set in the 80's, so that makes perfect sense.

Considering Deadlock is IDW, I really doubt he will turn up. Plus, these movies unfortunately don't flesh out the robot characters enough to give Drift a backstory..

Soundwave is incredibly likely due to not only being an original G1 bot, but also canonically being on earth in the 80's as we learned in Dark of the Moon.

Cliffjumper is a bit less likely, but if they need to kill off an Autobot I think they'll pull a Prime and go with him.

Barricade actually isn't that big of a character to begin with, but he is recognizable and looks cool. I think he could turn up, but I would actually bet more on Soundwave than him. Barricade is technically a G1 bot that got a toy, but he never did appear in the show or comics. Plus i got the sense of more of a rivalry between Bee and Soundwave in DOTM than I ever got from Bee and Barricade. But I'd love to see both.

There might be some new Decepticons, but the fact that they're going back in time means they can also revisit fan favorite bots Bay killed off... which are quite numerous.

18. Waveblaster

I know that, but the movie might simply ignore that to give Optimus a cameo. Cullen confirmed he will voice Optimus in this movie. That truck can't be a coincidence. He can always leave earth. Plus, if TLK has any merit, Optimus was on earth for a while before 2007... as apparently were Megatron, Shockwave, and Ironhide if you look at all the pictures.

• Like Like x 1
  19. NemesisPrime12

News Credits:
    Why tho

20. NemesisPrime12

News Credits:
    Soundwave won't die, but this movie must explain why soundwave will choose the satellite form in ROTF