Bumblebee Movie - Male Lead Announced

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Black Convoy, Jul 11, 2017.

1. FoolishDoomedCreature

FoolishDoomedCreature When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die.

It was a a joke

2. Prime17

Prime17 Seeker

News Credits:
    True. Which is why I'm still keeping my expectations low.

3. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Interner Soldier

News Credits:
    Have to say loving the direction users of this lovely site are going in recent days. Sidestepping the "are they racist?" you sometimes think when they post and just outright confirming it. Saves a lot of time.

• Like Like x 6
  4. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Undersea Warrior

News Credits:
    It is kind of amazing how quickly we went from "Is it okay to change the race of a fictional character..." to "I have some concerns about interracial couples..."

• Like Like x 3
  5. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This will be said precisely once -

Racism, veiled or blatant, will not be tolerated. If you have a problem with the casting choice based solely on the actors skin color, you can leave right now. Do not, under any circumstance, post that garbage here.

Regarding diversity in Hollywood - Discuss if you must, but be very careful. If you're going to go all tinfoil hat and claim racism and reverse racism, don't bother.

Lastly, instead of whining about how threads like this stay open or haven't been cleaned yet, just report the posts that are offensive to you. I have been awake for all of 2 hours, and am now at work. I'm not nocturnal, so I deal with this as I can. Thanks for understanding.

Proceed.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    I hope they don't have to save the world in this movie: I'm getting burned out on "save the world/galaxy/universe" plots all the time, and am finding myself enjoying much smaller scale stories like Deadpool and Wonder Woman (despite the question of whether she stopped an otherwise unstoppable world war, it was the rest of it I enjoyed the most).

And yeah, I'd prefer we skip the romance. It gets shoehorned into too many movies poorly (Avengers Age of Ultron, etc).

Gimme a story about a girl and her car and some friends and a couple Decepticons (Barricade!) and give it a real 80's feel.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Hollywood (and anyone else for that matter) has a problem writing and directing just about any kind of people :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  8. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Rusting...

News Credits:
    I'm not sure they had that law back then.

9. Metroplex79

Metroplex79 Hey mouse, say cheese!

Every time I read/hear about this Bumblebee movie, I hear this in my head:

• Like Like x 1
  10. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    *THIS*

A small scale story similar to how Ant-Man brought it back down to Earth after the madness that was AoU.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Daimao

Daimao Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was hoping it was just going to be the girl and Bee as the main characters, keep the cast small.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I mostly agree. I wouldn't be bothered by a boy/girl/girl/boy/whatever attraction. But I'm a sucker for the 'we win' kiss at the end.

Smaller scale, though, is a must. That was reaffirmed after seeing Homecoming this past weekend.

• Like Like x 1
  13. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    They were never going to make this movie just the one character and Bee. And for all we know "male lead" could just mean this guy is the most prominent male character besides Bee.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Xaxis

Xaxis Well-Known Member

I'm more interested in how much screen time and characterization Bumblebee will have. If he's essentially the lead human's pet again like he was for Sam then I have no interest whatsoever in this movie.

Exactly.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Daimao

Daimao Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know there's going to be more humans, can't be helped. I just don't want another forced romance plot

• Like Like x 1
  16. Walktehdinosaur

Walktehdinosaur HI! MY NAME IS [Volleybot]

News Credits:

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  17. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    TF6 will take place after TLK, probably by about 2 years after. The movie after TF6 is set to be a CG animated origin prequel though. At least originally planned, they were going to do an every other movie kind of approach for the next 3. After the origin prequel though, I wouldn't be surprised if they let the franchise rest for a few years. So TF6 will probably wrap up some loose hanging plot threads, and then end on a tone of a new beneficial cooperative age. Then the if there is a 7, it'll pick up from real time number of years that have passed.

Considering they are both student mechanics. They go to school together. So both characters would be 16-18. Assuming it's a high school auto maintenance class.

18. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure TLK's box office performance thus far is throwing a bucket of cold water on any plans going forward. We might see one last movie in the current universe so they can pay off Unicron and then the franchise could go dormant while they reassess things.

Paramount may not be super worried about the numbers, but if its losing momentum domestically Hasbro could be concern for its impact on toy sales.

19. Incepticon

Incepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Haha, yeah, this. She's as African American / Filipino as any Caucasian is if you dig far enough back into anyone's ancestry.

Anyway, not sure how or why any of this took a racial turn to begin with (what the hell, people??). As for the "actor" just announced... whoever he is... okay.

20. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Depends what TLK toy sales were, and they were pretty decent still. So it's holding steady. So TF7 is dependent on how 6 does, but if stuff like the BB movie spin off does well, we could see the Bayverse stick around in more character centric manners. As long as the toy sales hold steady at least, and they likely will so long as the characters and figures are fun and interesting.

Even the lack of a domestic big box office isn't too much of a concern this go round tbh. The film was swamped with other movies around it that were equally amazing, and TLK itself was actually pretty fun overall. Better than 2-4 at least imho. Still not bad for an overloaded summer blockbuster season where July 4th was dead middle in the week.

I also pray that the people behind the films don't bother with fan forums for right now, and instead have a decent brain trust/consultant group that's well versed in the lore helping them instead. Same to some of the toy designers. Cause if they do read the forums, we're likely to get something like Homer's designed car instead of good things. As it is, TLK fed into some fan areas by streamlining Barricade more, and some other odds and ends, and look at the box office response those same fans are throwing "Lols" around about like they even understand anything of the industry anyway.

We aren't getting a transformers reboot until well into the 2020s though. More likely 2024-2030. I'd lean closer to 2030. The movies did their job for hasbro in bringing the brand into the spotlight as a whole.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 1