Heavy/Scratch: Bumblebee model

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by TF Hunter D, Jul 13, 2008.

1. TF Hunter D

TF Hunter D Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This was a model of Bumblebee I did back in 1998 and updated in 2003. The base figure was the Monogram Go Bots Cy Kill figure from the 80s. I had bought the kit in the mid 90s and soon after I finished the figure, it crumbled in my hands. (I guess that's what happens with inferior plastic). So I decided to build something out of it that I really wanted: a model of Bumblebee. Please keep in mind, this is before all the TF models ans head busts started coming out of the woodwork. The chest, arms, and upper legs are what remains of the original figure(albeit heavily modded). The lower legs were made using a power rangers figure and a 1:43 VW Beetle front end. The head is completely hand sculpted usinc air drying clay. I'll try to find a pic of it back when I did it in 98, since there was quite a bit of remodeling in the update.

Attached Files:

2. Ptitvite

Ptitvite Construction worker

lol, he looks like the one who killed Optimus Prime!! Very cool and well done!

3. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    how tall is it?

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Wow. Great work there, man :thumb  I'd have never known Cy-kill would have anything to do with the base mold. Nice work :) 

5. TF Hunter D

TF Hunter D Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Well, technically, it's not a real GoBots CyKill. The Monogram GoBots model kits were actually imported versions of other japanese lines.

http://www.toyarchive.com/Gobots/Models.html

Check out the CyKill box here. I actually sold that to this guy.

As for size, I'd say it's about 5 1/2 inches tall.