BumbleBee Marketing

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Transformers Database, Sep 5, 2018.

1. electronic456

electronic456 Dog of Raw

News Credits:
    Very conflicting statements.

Plus Baymax is a cool character, why not learn a little from him?

2. CobraKai

CobraKai Well-Known Member

I guess that’s how I feel about this movie. Baymax was cool, but that was Baymax. He was an original character and his relationship with Hiro felt organic. This movie feels forced. Kinda like comparing a kid trying so hard to be cute vs a kid who’s naturally cute.

3. CobraKai

I never said I didn’t know what this movie is about. Remember to assume is to make an “ass out of u”. I just think that girl/Bee part of the movie sucks rusty Devastator balls. Without it, it looks great.

4. electronic456

electronic456 Dog of Raw

News Credits:
    Original character? What?
    [​IMG]
    Again, the last statement is confusing since I don't get the distinction.

5. CobraKai

Not a lot of people can.

6. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Still a prequel. This is only some tweaking of some of the live cast scenes. Not CG heavy scenes.
    It's that post fine-tuning that happens when you watch something one too many times and have time to tweak it to make sure it's perfect. Also, likely to make sure it has room for other prequel material. Though there is a limit there too when it becomes obsessive, but Travis is used to animation, so he's very detail oriented likely.

Since this is about reshoots, either tweaking scenes or adding some additional scenes, and not ADR, this is likely still using the current CG as is. So no major changes. Though if need be, they may tweak some ADR to make sure everything lines up if it's needed.

It's really no big deal at all, and could even make the film better.

7. TCJJ

TCJJ 111% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Heh, reshoots this close to release. I'm sure the production is going really smoothly.
    The fact that they've already done reshoots previously does not bode well. They won't be cheap, either, if only because of the logistics - organising, transporting, catering for all those people, etc.
    Every new/reshot shot will need VFX redone (likely from scratch, or close enough). New ADR will be required if anyone so much as utters a word.
    To me, this sounds like Travis Knight is an incompetent (live-action) director who should not have been handed such a complicated project at this stage in his career.
    Don't forget, this isn't the first set of reshoots. There's being picky about your filmmaking, and then there's being incompetent. This reeks of the latter.

It's already been confirmed to be a reboot. Not sure how many times this needs to be said.

inb4 people say "BUT GOLDNER SAID IT WASN'T A REBOOT!" Yeah, and then he described a reboot when he explained what the film is meant to be, so it's a reboot. It's already retconning stuff - it's a reboot, people.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Pepperonimus

Pepperonimus Casual fan

You might be right about that, since this is his first time handling live action project and a big one too. If things going wrong I can see him getting backlash by fans. But I'll reserve my judgement untill i see the final product.

9. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    *Shrug* or could be signs of a perfectionist that wants to get it perfect and is reviewing footage over and over again while he has the time because he wants to make sure it's right. That's actually pretty common for people in animation that are used to handling things frame by frame.

Or it could be some last minute additions because of how well the film is testing and they want to make sure it has room for more material later, or are going over test audience suggestions to make sure any confusing spots are clear.

It's pretty common for films to undergo reshoots for minor tweaks. Especially big budget things. It really doesn't mean anything unless you start hearing about studios throwing a fit about something. Which isn't the case here.

Personally, I'd rather have a director that's obsessing over perfection than a director that wraps, calls it done and gives up.

• Like Like x 2
  10. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    He's a BAFTA Award winning director whose work is revered across the industry. He'll do fine. This maybe his first live action debut, but we can say the same for his Kubo & The Two Strings (first directorial debut). We all know how that turned out. Besides, I heard noting but good word from the Test Screenings of Bumblebee. There's a likelihood that this movie may become the highest praised movie of the 2018 Holiday Season.

• Like Like x 10
  11. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    exactly

• Like Like x 1
  12. Transformers Database

Transformers Database Ramdeen Productions

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
  13. mattyou78

mattyou78 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To be fair official sources from the movie side of things keep calling it a prequel, and the movie has kept things like S7 to link it into the first movie. They're definitely hedging their bets though. Maybe they should say it's a preboot....

• Like Like x 2
  14. Transformers Database

Transformers Database Ramdeen Productions

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    20181008_232503.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I'm usually in touch with what's happening in the backend and various sources convey conflicting view points regarding what Bumblebee is. However, unlike previous movies, the final say is with Hasbro.

To me, Bumblebee is like the first X-Men: First Class movie. The latter was described by its director as:
    "Having the opportunity to 'start fresh', while 'nodding towards' the successful elements from [the established X-Men] films." Vaughn compared First Class to both Batman Begins, which restarted a franchise with an unseen approach, and the 2009 Star Trek film, which paid homage to the original source material while taking it in a new direction with a fresh, young cast.

Regarding continuity, Vaughn said his intention was "to make as good a film that could stand on its own two feet regardless of all the other films" and also that could "reboot and start a whole new X-Men franchise".

Script Writer Goldman added the film was kind of an "alternate history" for the X-Men, saying that while rebooting, the writers did not want to go fully "against the canon of the X-Men trilogy", comparing to the various approaches the comic had in over fifty years of publication.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Ah, let's review some movies that have gone through reshoots and their correlations with the quality of the end result:

Guardians of the Galaxy - Vol 2: 83% RT Score
    Avengers Infinity Wars: 84% RT Score
    Mad Max Fury Road: 97% RT Score
    E.T. The Extraterrestrial: 98% RT Score

Huh, it's almost like reshoots don't automatically mean a bad movie. Reshoots can be a result of many different things. It could be a reaction from a test screening (like with ET) or perhaps the director didn't get a good particular shot the first time around. That popular Vader scene in Rogue One was shot and edited with only 4 months left. While that's less time remaining than Bumblebee, it's not by much (little less than 3 months left) and from the images of the reshoots, there's no way their planning to throw in an entirely new CGI battle sequence.

• Like Like x 2
  17. CobraKai

I never understood why people associate Rotten Tomatoes scores with quality. It’s almost like people can’t form opinions on their own so they seek the infinite wisdom of Rotten Tomatoes to tell them what to like and not to like.

• Like Like x 1
  18. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    That's the sad reality we live in today but I'm glad to see people actually talk about it and see it as an issue.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Not everyone has time to see every single movie in the world to "formulate their own opinion". Not sure how my personal opinion or your personal opinion represents what the majority thinks of the movie. While RT isn't 100% accurate, it does generally represent the overall quality of a film.

20. Onilink

Onilink Well-Known Member

I think Knight will be happy to see your movie

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018