bumblebee faceplate or mask?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by grunge, Jul 30, 2012.

1. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    So bumblebee in prime is the second 1 to beep however in the movieverse bee kept a semi normal face and had a battle mode for it as many had.

Now in prime it seems most cybertronians have a silver liquid metal face, in which most have mouths, save for of coarse bumblebeep. So I have to ask, have they explained bumblebee have no mouth as a standard? Is it battle mask perhaps? Or since his voice component doesn't work his mouth morphed away?

Just some thoughts.
    (Before nay Sayers say so, soundwaves face seems to be a screen and lacks any real facial features.)

2. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Because some Cybertronians are just different. It doesn't really need an explaination.

3. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I think my favorite way of approaching this was in the Dreamwave G1 comics, where he had a face like his Sunbow incarnation, but a battlemask that went over it to make his "toy" face. I suppose doing this it would have originated in Beast Wars with Optimus Primal in the S1 finale, but I really like the use of the same concept with DW Bumblebee, and enjoyed seeing it continued in other incarnations of the franchise.

As to why some have mouths and some don't, it's likely just another part of the diversity of design, just like how some have visors, some have wings or body-mounted weapons, etc. etc. It might have something to do with their function, personality, or alt-mode, but I think you have to look at that on a case by case basis.

4. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    Its still a curiosity of mine in that he can't speak but he was originally able to do so. So was his face design form or function based. When if he gets his voice back will this lead to mouth?

5. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

No. Because during the flashback in Operation 'Bee, he still has the speaker thingy during interrogation from Megatron. And those were drawn, so no CGI limits.

6. Zhadow

Zhadow Oh hi there

Well there's other robots who can talk without a mouth you know.

7. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Not necessarily. To elaborate upon Zhadow's point above me: G1 Shockwave, G1 Soundwave, RID Rapid Run, RID Crosswise, RID Mirage, RID Movor, RID Ro-Tor, Armada Blurr, Energon Shockblast, Energon Jetfire, Energon Demolishor, Armada/Energon Tidal Wave/Mirage, Energon Wing Saber, Energon Bulkhead, Energon Cliffjumper, Energon Downshift, Animated Shockwave, Cybertron Quickmix, Cybertron Menasor, Cybertron Undermine, Cybertron Brimstone and many others seemed to be able to speak just fine without a more traditional "mouth". No reason why Bumblebee couldn't do the same if they wanted.

8. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    I was sticking within prime continuity. As stated they all have mouths save for soundwave who's face is a screen and never speaks, but again not a face face. Bee has a liquid metal silver face as most if not all other bots do. So my question is did bee or even perhaps ratchet remove the mouth since its now useless? Or did bee perhaps never have a mouth? Just a faceplate. Or is his face in constant battle mask mode until he gets his vocaliser back then hell show his mouth?

9. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

He never had a mouth. Watch Operation Bumblebee again during the flashbacks.

10. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    maybe he has a mouth but never opens it, anyone see that pic of him from rescue bots?

11. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    Flash backs aren't always accurate with TF continuity. Usually ....

Oh how.did he look.in rescue bots? I don't have hub and can't see myself watching that show. Too kiddy looking.

12. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ive never seen the show but a user on here has the image as his sig, basically look like prime bee but where the piece comes up on his face is basically at the bottom of/infront of his mouth

13. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Basically more Rescue Bots-y. :p  But, he looked similar in a generic sense. Yellow, window-wings, mouthplate (or at least no visible mouth) etc.. There was a brief moment in RB when Bumblebee reacted in shock/awe, so that little plate at the bottom of his face lowered and there is a small black portion, meant to represent his gaping mouth.

14. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Mouth mostly. Save the mouthplate for when he's extremely pissed.
    Even the little guy need's to vent sometimes.

15. KowBot

KowBot Well-Known Member

I prefer the G1 toy head is best for Bumblebee myself.