Bumblebee could meet same fate as TMNT: Out of The Shadows

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Dmhead, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    And this right here is why I can't find colorful fighter jets and trucks in alien planet convincing.
    Michael Bay's vision on transformers made more sense to me.
    The G1 approach for cybertron will be a good decision or a bad one. For the moment it seems a lot of people are showing support for it.

2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    That's certainly a possibility. It doesn't help that the strong G1 direction and influences like the Cybertron designs in the movie feel like a strong knee jerk reaction to how badly TLK did at the box office last year and are frantically trying to win people back by bringing in G1 nostalgia. I've said this multiple times on the site to the point of being a broken record but G1 nostalgia will only take you so far to keep the brand in general alive not just the movies. I'm sure the movie's story will be fine since Knight has a great track record with Kubo but still I hope he understands that trying to overcompensating what the previous movies have done isn't going to fix anything. I doubt he will from what I've heard of him he sounds awesome but still there's also the chance that Hasbro could impose stronger G1 elements in future movies on him to do that should the Bee movie do very well to the point of going too far with it. Like how Warner Brothers went too far with toning down the dark tone of the original Batman movies given how dark Batman Returns was which resulted in Batman and Robin.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Appleseed

Appleseed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That is because TMNT2: Out of the Shadows really not as good as the first one. Bumblebee is something different because it's got follow TF1 formula and loyal to G1 character.

4. SaberPrime

SaberPrime The first Decepticon the Fallen Megatronus Prime

What nostalgic look? Shredder only ever wore his helmet once in the entire movie.

Nope.

Everything else was an improvement over the first movie but Shredder went from full body armor, scarred face, and being dead at the end of the first movie to some normal looking dude who only wears the helmet for like one scene and was arrested instead of killed... ignoring the ending of the first film and rewriting it rather than explaining how he came back is the worst part about that movie.

The original movies never really explain how he survived the trash compactor either but at least they acknowledge it happened instead of changing being stabbed and thrown off a building to he was arrested.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

We see just about all the studios go hard for the older built in fan base once one of their franchises start to run out of steam. But I can't think of many film series that turned it all around by going old school. It seems like by the time a studio decides they need to appeal to that old fan base it's too little too late to really save the series.

At this point I kind of wonder if Paramount can save Transformers as a film series if they can't come to a decision about more of the same or start over from scratch.

• Like Like x 1
  6. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    If they don't end up starting from starch in the end I hope they won't take the wrong lessons from it and think that the sole reason people don't like the other films was because they're not geewunny enough. Like others said using G1 nostalgia only isn't going to be enough to win people over.

• Like Like x 2
  7. agp

agp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  8. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus Like a turd, in the wind

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
  9. Azuzu98

Azuzu98 Whatever

News Credits:
    It's only a prediction, no one really know for sure how it will play out. It could either be sleepr hit or total bomb.

• Like Like x 1
  10. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy The Lethal Protector

Transformers is more marketable than Turtles. Although the Turtles have a better history with their TV shows. Although I liked the second film. Shame it did so poorly.

11. Mirage00

Mirage00 Master of Hiding

Or does it make more sense? It might sound sill what I'm gonna say but look at the japanese little fighting bots, real robots and they are not all dull and sharp, and look at the lifesize real transforming cars, they look like generic G1 car formers. It would make more sense for a robot to be blocky to compact wires and moving parts rather than have them exposed. On the color part, why would an advanced species of robot want to be all dull colored? They are past their primitive sate, you would think they would want to show a little personallity.

12. Pepperonimus

Pepperonimus Rest in Peace, Stan Lee

News Credits:
    20181110_120306.jpg
    Opening weekend & total domestic forecast.
    Puny :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  13. Prime17

Prime17 Seeker

News Credits:
    I'm seriously bewildered that they didn't move up the date so they wouldn't have to face those movies.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Azuzu98

Azuzu98 Whatever

News Credits:
    I still believe bumblebee would be sleeper hit among those all. Hope the word of mouth will be good!! And from what I hear from the response of waterman's test screening the film is not really that great, they even compare it to thor the dark world, the weakest entry of MCU. Yes thor dark world is not a bad movie (I even like it) but not great either. So comparing it with bee's test screening's responses, whch is pretty good so far, I think bee will do better than waterman.

15. Godzilla Ranger

Godzilla Ranger AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

Out of those four, the only one that really interests me is Bumblebee lol.

Into the Spider-Verse just smells like another attempt by Sony to milk the Spidey IP with more spin offs while live action Spidey is off on loan to Marvel Studios.
    Animation style looks nice though.

Mary Poppins looks like more sterile Disney live action fodder

The Worlds of DC lost me with Josstice League. They ruined the universe and the bts drama is a shitstorm.
    Not really a fan of the aesthetic they chose for Atlantis, Atlantians, and etc either.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018 at 12:53 AM
  16. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    No it wouldn't make sense. The art direction in Bay's films attempted to make some sense in regards to Transformers as an alien race.

Nothing is alien about our technology or our vehicles.

Bay wanted transformers appearance to pose as superior to us. Not inferior.

It's simple really. Aliens land on earth as pods. And they scan vehicles to blend in.

• Like Like x 1
  17. agp

agp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :lol :lol :lol  Awesome

18. Mirage00

Mirage00 Master of Hiding

Ok but why does that make any sense? I mean something does not have to look so complex to be very complex, by that I mean The Transformers don't have to look like they are a bunch of sharp magnets stuck together to imply that they are inteligent and superior. If you were to see a 35 foot G1 looking megatron pointing his cannon right at you I shi% you not you would be shi%ing bricks. To end this off, we have been stuck with the bayformer look for 10 years, it's time for the Gwunners to get a shot at liveaction and besides it's not like whole bayformer look has been totally trashed, it's still 50% there.

• Like Like x 1