Bumblebee "Confirmed" As A Reboot, Per CEO Brian Goldner?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by TFXProtector, Sep 30, 2018.

1. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Full story at this link: Hasbro Powers Up As Rival Mattel Stumbles

For the TL;DR crowd:

If it truly is a reboot, that would explain a LOT about this film. Man, oh man.

• Like Like x 32
  2. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In-Stock

News Credits:
    Wish the deal came sooner.

Michael Bay overstayed his welcome by about 2 to 5 films? :eek: :p 

:bay 

• Like Like x 27
  3. Annino

Annino Well-Known Member

Omg, I wanted to see the sixth movie so much. Ending it all on such badass cliffhanger was cruel.

• Like Like x 9
  4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I believe this to be a good thing if true.

• Like Like x 22
  5. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    I would have waited an eternity for this, it’s over Bay.
    3DA170DA-1F2D-4DF6-A2BC-D3231A3FCC01.jpeg

• Like Like x 41
  6. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Yes, yes, heckin' YES.
    The movies got stale and lost a lot of momentum. It's somewhat exciting to know they are finally using the "R" word, which most suspected was the case just needing (this) confirmation.
    It's also nice seeing an official statement about the budgets and violence.
    It now seems like the story won't continue, and honestly, I'm glad about that. Including Unicron seemed like a last ditch cheap ploy to keep fans interested, and I'm happy it's being abandoned in favor of potentially good storytelling.

• Like Like x 15
  7. TargetmasterJoe

TargetmasterJoe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Was it really badass though? After coming back from watching Spider-Man: Homecoming, I recall thinking "screw it, I'll just read what happens in TLK via TFWiki and see if anything is worth watching." And when I did, I felt like I wasn't missing anything and up until then, I watched all the other TF movies.

I mean, the "Earth is Unicron" thing? Transformers Prime did that ages ago! Quintessa? Fork that, why not show the Quintessons already? Optimus acting like he hadn't heard Bee speak until then? Bee spoke in the 2007 movie!

Reading the synopsis in TFWiki was what broke the curse on me that TF movies by Michael Bay just aren't worth it. And it makes me all the more glad that Bumblebee is forging a totally different path!

• Like Like x 13
  8. Zook

Zook Evil Incarnate

Aw man, no more racism, gratuitous cursing and sexual humor? So disappointing.

• Like Like x 22
  9. TargetmasterJoe

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Oh yeah, the whole "not getting interested in TLK" thing might have started when I was like, "uh, why does that nameless bot (Canopy) have weird looking lips?" And then it was, "why does Quintessa have weird looking lips?"

Yeah, let the record show that NOBODY liked the weird looking lips. I tolerated it with Optimus at first, but then Bay got too liberal with the lips.

Glad Bumblebee gets rid of the weird lips too.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Said it before and I'll say it again, but it's nice being excited for a live action movie again. Haven't felt this way since DotM.

• Like Like x 16
  11. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Okay, so apparently this article is hidden behind a paywall but after accessing it a few times, I was able to see the full article for some reason. Not sure if it was a glitch, but for those who can't access the article, here's the full transcript:

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
    • Like Like x 10
  12. TargetmasterJoe

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Before I forget, would you guys believe I thought Derrick J. Wyatt was overreacting when he was cursing and disowning Hot Rod's appearance in TLK?

But then I read Hot Rod was going to have a French accent, I was like, "why would Hot Rod need a French accent?" And then I found quotes from TLK regarding Hot Rod dissing his own French accent.

Let the record also show that NOBODY thought it was cool how Bay dissed nationalities that weren't 100% American.

13. Zook

Zook Evil Incarnate

"Is that what he turned into after he beat me? I'm kind of offended by his lips. Am I allowed to be offended by his lips?"

"Are you offended by Mr Popo's lips?"

"Wait, can we talk about that?!"

• Like Like x 3
  14. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    From what I can understand, it's the article's writer who mentions the reboot, not Brian Goldner.

• Like Like x 11
  15. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    I feel like Hasbro is less worried about continuity now and is emphasizing brand recognition overall. I have coworkers who didn't care for the later Bay movies but got excited once they saw the recent Bumblebee trailer.

Hasbro seems to be focusing on having a good movie instead of continuity. This is fine to me because TLK threw the established movie continuity out the window anyways. The majority of moviegoers will care more for a good movie than existing continuity.

• Like Like x 20
  16. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    I think that deal sounds like a really good thing.

I'd take the "reboot" part with a grain of salt though. I don't think people in the industry use the term 'reboot' in the same way fandom does. We mean 'new continuity', they tend to mean 'new direction'. I'd wait until further elaboration.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Goddamn, Goldner actually is putting his name out on something confirming that the films ARE rebooting and they need to reset SOMETHING to appeal to the next generation.

Like I've always been saying, keeping the Transformers brand past the time it needed to perform a generational reset was only going to hurt the brand the longer it avoided it, and that finally seems to have registered in Goldner's head if even he thinks Bayformers is no longer viable.

More importantly - YES! TLK KILLED BAYFORMERS! NO MORE SHIT AOE STYLE DESIGNS! Actual PROGRESS with the brand once more!

• Like Like x 9
  18. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    I am seeing this movie.

And here's where I get arrogant. I wasn't reminded of this until quite recently, but I remember sitting in the dining area of the Omni during Hascon, talking about the fact that they needed a new villain that wasn't normally associated with being the big bad. I went to triple changers because the movies hadn't done them yet and we decided that Blitzwing would be the best one to pick because of his modes and name. I also compared the Bay movies to the Fantastic Four movies in the fact that the original rights owner had little to do with its production. I said that Hasbro should be in charge because they respect the lore more. I said that if those things happened, I'd see the movie. I am seeing this movie.

Could my little comments have led to this huge change in the franchise? Nope. Not at all. What a dumbass thing to say. But that nagging feeling hangs in the back of my mind because I had this conversation while sitting near someone who I later identified as Lorenzo di Bonaventura, the producer of the TF movies. Obviously I had no hand in this, but it's funny just because it's a huge coincidence.

Anyways, just a weird story from a person whose head is full of dreams. Either way, I am seeing this movie.

• Like Like x 7
  19. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd take it with a grain of salt

• Like Like x 2
  20. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    I hope it is! No more inconsistencies!!! Well there are still some like the transformers designs on Earth and Cybertron...