Bumblebee Comic - Preview

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by TheBigMachine, Dec 14, 2009.

1. TheBigMachine

TheBigMachine Initiating JAZZ HANDS!

News Credits:
    I came across this 6-page preview of the new Bumblebee comic HERE. I don't know if this has already been reported or not, but here it is again for those interested.

*EDIT: Added the pictures from Sol Fury's front-page post for everyone's convenience.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This looks so much better than the ongoing series - I like the art, very much in the marvel comics style.

3. TheBigMachine

TheBigMachine Initiating JAZZ HANDS!

News Credits:
    Yeah, they don't all have the same ugly face.

4. lieutenantjazz

lieutenantjazz Autobot

This looks very cool! Love the art! AWESOME!

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Looks great so far. Both in art and story.

6. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    I liked it. I really liked it. The art is great. It kinda sucks that it's only gonna be used for this mini and not the ongoing.

The story so far is pretty interesting. Basically 'Bee has been voted in as the new 'bot leader and now has to deal with all the responsibility along with the current problematic situation.

I'm guessing as the story goes on, he'll become more and more leader material and gain respect from his allies.

7. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    BRAVO.
    This is a slap in the face to all those fancy artists who overdetail their stuff - keep it simple, keep it real. You don't need to go Don Figueroa to tell a TF story.

8. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Loving the art... it's really something fresh and different. Not overhyped or flashy. Just kind of nice and atmospheric. Just goes to show that one doesn't have to utterly revamp the entire look of all the characters in order to inject a new style and mood into the franchise... DON! :lol 

I'm not as big on the writing. I mean, the set-up is interesting, but there are a few nit-picky fanboy peeves I have...

-Omega Supreme. The unwavering, unshakeable Autobot last line of defense. Endurance, resolve and self-sacrifice personified. And he's whiny. "Ooh, I'm cramped. Ooh, I'm uncomfortable, I'm bored, I don't have enough energon, whine whine whine". Really? :) 

- Also... Bumblebee was the front runner in the Autobot vote for leadership? Is that REALLY what Wheeljack is saying? Are you F***ing kidding me?? I mean, I like Bumblebee as much as the next person, but read a book, guys! Bumblebee is the kid brother, the eager procurer, the liaison... but not leadership material. Not for a long long time. Prowl, Jazz, even Hot Rod, Ratchet or Wheeljack... to say nothing of some of the other guys who might be around... any one of them, I might accept, but... Bumblebee ??

- What's wrong with this picture? Hound and Bumblebee on a ridge, scoping out a location from long range. Hound is using BINOCULARS??? Isn't that what his fancy infrared turret scope and topographical computer is for?? And Bumblebee has his EYES. You know, that specialized telescopic vision he's supposed to have? Does nobody even look at the character profiles anymore? I know it's a minor thing, but it just kind of bugs me when sloppy stuff like that isn't observed properly.

Lastly, some of the conversational bits are odd. "Tuna cans"? Does Wheeljack even know what "tuna" is? On the other hand, I DID like Wheeljack's comment about the Autobots being an army, not a "team". It feels like that gets overlooked too often.

Anyway, I'll be curious to see if they take this anywhere. So far, the characterizations seem a bit off, but there's some promise here...

zmog

9. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Bumblebee could become leader?!?

Every time I wonder if dropping the title was a bad idea something like this pops up to make me glad again that I stopped reading.:rolleyes: 

10. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    I don't really see how asking to go outside or asking for some energon to make himself less problematic is whiny.

Jazz, Ratchet and Wheeljack, I can't disagree with, but the cover for issue 2 of the ongoing already shows that Prowl and Hot Rod left, like bumblebee said.

Like you said, fanboy nitpick. I don't see what's wrong with them using binocular scanners.

The Autobots as a whole are an army, but BB, Ratchet, Wheeljack, Jazz, Hot Rod, everyone on Prime's crew is a team. A squad. A unit. It doesn't matter what you call it anyways, they have to stick together on this, and at the moment, that's not happening.

11. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    Now that is far more pleasant to look at!

Aside the very bizarre scenario of Bumblebee being voted leader.

--Moony

12. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    Hot Rod ain't looking too happy on that there front cover. And he looked at 'Bee with a smirk as Prowl went along with him to leave the planet in ongoing #2. I sense tension between Roddy and BB, but where could that go i wonder....

I'm willing to give the idea of BB as leader a chance. Isn't it always nice to see the dude you think least worthy or capable rising to a challenge?

13. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    will surely get it once it's out! :) 

14. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Liking Chee's artwork much better than I did in Coda, & the story looks good so I'll be picking this up.

15. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    In one sentence: I like it, but I don't quite like it enough.

16. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    so wait, this is the same continuity as the ongoing?

and they aren't even going to try and keep the models consistant between them (i don't care about art styles changing around, and i like this style a great deal, but seriously ~ not even the same character models from 2 tightly related stories going on at the same time? wtf?) It's stuff like this, or that next year IDW is going to apparently be running THREE. SEPARATE. GIJOE CONTINUITIES. that just makes me feel like they are a bunch of amateurs over there. I know it's not true, because Andy Schmidt is a quality editor, but sheesh. there just seems to be no centralized vision.

at least he 86'd that gosh-awful IDW Bumblebee design with the hood chest. Of all the original IDW re-designs that i didn't like, that one i actually hated.

17. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    this

18. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    "Alright everyone, I'm the leader now! So who wants to punch me in the crotch?"

19. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    :yuck 

20. Silverwynde

Silverwynde PsychoCompletist-by-proxy

Just one word.

YES!!