Bumblebee/Barricade chase

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by thoughtcrime, Aug 8, 2007.

1. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

Is it just me or was this scene badly cut? It seems so short. As if they were seriously about to get into some amazing stunt driving and it quickly cuts to nighttime, with Bee backing into an alley to hide. WTF? There has to be deleted footage out there, with luck it will appear on the DVD.

2. BlackTrailerOps

BlackTrailerOps Motor Boatin S.O.B.

I'm sure it was trimmed down because of time and budget restraints. Really if you think about it, Hasbro has an inkling of how popular T-formers is in adults, but none of the movie companies do. So the movie companies were probably reluctant in sinking 300 mill into a movie based on a line of toys out of Japan in the 80s.

3. mblase

mblase Well-Known Member

It gets better when you consider the whole scene together.

First Sam is telling Mojo that it's "too early" when Bumblebee drives back to the house; then he's biking away with Bumblebee following him, and he runs across Mikaylah (sp?) eating lunch with her friends; then he tells the holographic cop inside Barricade that he's had "the worst day of my life"; and once Bumblebee rescues him, it's magically cut to well after sunset.

I enjoy a popcorn flick as much as anybody. But honestly, it's like an Ed Wood movie or something.

4. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Though not as bad, the same thing happens at the start of the film at SOCCENT Qatar - From my recollection, Lennox's Ranger unit comes home in the late afternoon, Blackout appears, Lennox talks to his wife and daughter, Blackout lands and its very early evening. Lennox's connection cut out (apparently he chatted to his family for quite awhile).

Then when the soldiers surround Blackout its night, and when he finally transforms and attacks, it looks like the middle of the night. Lennox comes out of the tent with the video screen during the attack - what was he doing in there?

That was fast.

5. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whoa, I typed something in regards to the same thing Fit For said, and it's gone. Did I use a potty mouth?

6. BlackTrailerOps

When I last saw it, I noticed that as some of the Army soldiers are running up to Blackout before he transforms the last little bit of orange sky fades to black. But less then 5 minutes earlier in the film, the sky is fully orange. For the most part, the whole scene wasn't that bad, but for that 3 or 4 minute span the timing gets really really off.

7. DEVILFISH

DEVILFISH Member

One thing i hate hearing the most is that they didn't have enough time and there were budget restraints. booooooo!!! If you bought a car and they left out the gas pedal and told you they didn't have enough time you wouldn't be happy, AND YOU WOULDN'T PAY FOR IT. Lets not make excuses for these multi- billionaire movie companies. They are human so I can except mistakes but THEIR errors are from a lack of focus and just believing that we should just be happy and shut up.

8. Godzilla2

Godzilla2 Well-Known Member

Its all real simple! It was an eclipse!

9. BlackTrailerOps

If I were Mike Bay, I would have pulled a George Lucas and thrown in some of my own dough to be able to do all the things I wish were in the movie. But Bay would want to take a real hit to his wallet to actually make a really good movie.

10. Godzilla2

So what are you saying? This movie had just as many errors as the old cartoon did? I mean I do agree with with the fact that the Fight scenes shouldn't have beeen cut(and you know they did because Michael Bay said we needed to focus more in on the "story" thats why those scenes were cut) but does this really take away from such a great movie? NO! Why are alot of the fans going out of their way to say this was such a bad movie just because they didn't get what they wan't and saying "this is not way it should be"?! This is the problem with setting high excpetations to movie instead of just enjoying it and appreciate it for what it is!

11. 80Datsun210

80Datsun210 Well-Known Member

Hey, I still loved the movie enough to see it 5 times! It's just jarring when there is such an apparent abrupt jump in the day-night continuity.

Someone (sorry, I forgot who) in another thread on the same topic justified it this way, which I can accept: Sam was at the police station half the night and into the morning, trying to explain that his car stole itself and then stood up. When he got home, he caught up on his sleep. When we see him getting up, telling Mojo not to bark because it's "too early," and fixing himself "breakfast," it's actually late afternoon. Mikaela and her friends are actually having supper. When he tells the holo-cop "I've had the worst day in my life"--he's including the crap at the police station, which was earlier in the same day. That makes the day-night jump more like only a couple hours, rather than losing an entire day. Apparently it's not unusual for teenagers to sleep all day, get up and have "breakfast" at like 4 in the afternoon. ;) 

EDIT: Here it is:

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    It was a movie transition. Like how in some movies it skips to night. Seriously, why are people complaining about this? Movies do it all the time and noone complains.

The scene's wouldv'e been better if the music ended in the scene when Barricade's tires were spinnng, and faded into the scene where BB drives up to the ally to hide. Though it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realise time had lapsed.

By the way, did you know we have a search function? It helps with keeping the amount of copy threads down.

13. liechentron

liechentron Well-Known Member

i just wish we could have actually seen Bb owning barricade

14. Xaxis

Xaxis Well-Known Member

And what did TF writer Roberto Orci say in response to a question about the passage of time in these various scenes?

Click here for original post.

Yes, day can go to night in an hour. However, that only explains one small segment of the entire context of any one of those scenes.

For the sequel, can we PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have better attention to detail and no flimsy excuses for things?

15. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

The point of my thread (which you missed) was wondering if additional chase footage exists and was cut for length. Not the day/night transition.

And starting new threads is met with the same unnecessary snark as resurrecting old threads, so sue me. If you read the topic already there is no need for you to enter another.

16. Tell_Story

Tell_Story Well-Known Member

I didn't think the scene was cut too short. The whole movie keeps going in and out of differnt scenes and I just figured it was part of the movie; to move the way it did. It's a movie, it's supposed to tell a story, not all details need be accounted for just sit back enjoy and have fun.

I love the first encounter scene, I think it is well done as is. If there are extra cuts added to an extended DVD version that would be great. I love seeing Bumble Bee doing the fishtail manuever to take out Barricade and then he gets up and transformers for the chase and the rockin music starts. That was amazing!

I saw it with one of my lady friends last week and she was stammering her feet the instant Barricade transforms up until the car chase was done! That was priceless! After that she turns to me and says, "This is exciting!" It made the price worth admission... for the third time. (I've never done that!)

17. Godzilla2

I hope they have the whole battle on the DVD deleted scenes

18. liechentron

liechentron Well-Known Member

^^^^^Exactly

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I wasn't talking about your statement, just the other posts that were referencing the transitions. Though I really don't see why you would think I was talking directly about you anyway, I wasn't quoting you.

Also, I do mremember at least two threads that had this same topic, (Regarding the sequencing of the scenes, not just trasitions) so my comment remains valid.

20. GoblinWhirlwind

GoblinWhirlwind The Killer Joke

I thought the entire scene was awesome, Barricade's got the coolest voice. One thing i want though...is an instrumental version of "Pretty Handsome Awkward" :(