Heavy/Scratch: Bumblebee: Armed and Dangerous

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by MonkeyBusiness, Jul 11, 2010.

1. MonkeyBusiness

MonkeyBusiness Autobot Engineer

I picked this guy up alongside Deluxe Ironhide and Leader Starscream the other week. I saw the immediate potential in the mold, and knew that I'd be sacrificing parts of my Cannon Bumblebee to make this bad boy.

That being said, he did not perish in vain.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And an action shot!
    [​IMG]

The missile racks attach via magnet to a small metal disk glued inside the hood. They're made from Cannon Bumblebee missile racks with pins through a cut and shaped Cannon Bumblebee head/neck piece.

The improved forearm gun was a custom originally built for Cannon Bumblebee, and with a few slight modifications adapted to Battle Blade Bumblebee.

The paint was a combo of Testors Enamels and Testors Model Masters Enamels.

Please post comments and feedback!

Attached Files:

2. JacobPGalvatron

JacobPGalvatron Storm Trooper #1

Oh that's nice.
    It's like the perfect Bumblebee.

3. mampy

mampy Movie-Accurate Mampy

News Credits:
    I'd suggest trying to attach the shoulder canons themselves instead of including the yellow panels from Cannon BB. There is already too much of the hood on this mold as is. :) 

4. MonkeyBusiness

It's a possibility. This was the first idea I had for implimentation, but I could always pull the pins from the hood pieces and reverse the missile racks so they look like they're coming out of his shoulders. It'd probably be more accurate.

I'll give it a shot later. Thanks for the idea!

5. MonkeyBusiness

So I removed the hood panels and attached the missile racks directly. Thoughts?

[​IMG][/IMG]

6. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Ok first, you now made me want to get this guy. Just the simple poses you put him made him look cool. I like the shoulder canons. I kind of like him with the hood panels because of the detail. But he does look cleaner without them.

7. MonkeyBusiness

Yeah, as far as Movie Bumblebee's go, this guy is, hands down, the best. I don't know what kind of dark magic Hasbro used to come up with him, but he was a few tweaks away from being perfect. I think I'm gonna keep the racks like they are now, both out of laziness and the fact that they're more accurate.

8. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not a bad idea, but I'm not really diggin the cannon arm. I like the way the arms are stock, physically atleast.

9. MonkeyBusiness

Hasbro's cannon arm isn't a bad idea, but ultimately, if you've got a cannon arm that's that cool looking laying around, why wouldn't you use it? It takes about two seconds to pop it out of the joint and pop the regular one back in.

10. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Gotta agree - was there no way to modify the existing arm to keep this guy transformable?

Is he still transformable with the missile racks added, and is there no way to hinge part of his existing hood so that it can be raised with the missile racks, to cut down on the surface area of the hood in bot mode?

11. MonkeyBusiness

Essentially, my gripe with the Hasbro cannon arm is that it's folding a muzzle over 'bee's hand. Good solution, yes. Accurate, not even close. From an engineering perspective, I'm not sure you can accurately represent Bee's cannon arm without making it detachable or small.

As for the missile racks, they're attached via magnet. I can pop them off before transformation, just like I do with the cannon arm.

As for the hood, it's attached to the chest pieces, which are attached to the ab piece, which plus in to a pair of pegs above the crotch piece. In other words, there's no way to change the angle without serious modification.

12. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Okay - so that option's out...

Still, great mods! :thumb 

13. mampy

mampy Movie-Accurate Mampy

News Credits:
    Shoulder cannons could use a little more distance between them IMO but they look much cleaner without the hood panels. :) 

14. MonkeyBusiness

Short of scratch building something to space out the missile racks, this is as good as I can do.

15. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hi haters

With the shoulder cannons right behind his head like that, there's only one thing i can think of.

WHO'S THE LEADER OF THE CLUB THAT'S MADE FOR YOU AND ME?
    M-I-C
    K-E-Y
    M-O-U-S-E!

16. kamtimus_prime

kamtimus_prime Radicon Visionary

I like it a lot....I was thinking of using Brawls cannons tho. Only bcuz of how the leader class BB cannons look.