Bumblebee #3 Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Tim Formas, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Tim Formas

Tim Formas Old Man Administrator

News Credits:
    Bumblebee #3 is due out tomorrow - Wednesday, February 17th. Pick up the issue and then come back and discuss.

Meanwhile, a review and a few preview images.
    TFW2005 Reviews Bumblebee #3 - Transformers News

Sadly, disappointing (and a little creepy). :( 

2. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    cool review. I just do not dig the coloring.

3. Mr. Sinister

Mr. Sinister Cat + Sinister = TROUBLE

Am I the only one who imagined Pedobear in the driver's seat in that second image?

4. !!bumble-bee!!

!!bumble-bee!! Member

I put in my order for Bumblebee 1-3 yesterday....personally I enjoy the classic aproach

5. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Reminds me of 'The Iron Man' from the UK Comic.

6. antapp

antapp Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Been getting more and more disappointed with all the IDW stuff recently. Just feels like it's all going nowhere........even the Wreckers #1 was not brilliant.

7. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

Pedobee.

I may shop that...not sure if I can even work up enough interest.

- Coeloptera

8. Thelbert

Thelbert Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Those are some of the greatest out-of-context single panels I've ever seen.

9. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Well thank you for the preview. Thanks to IDW I've been spending less and less money on TF comics over the past few years. Except for their classics collections.

10. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    Well, I wish IDW success on sales for this book, but I bought issues 1 and 2 and will be skipping the rest. I'm just not impressed with the characterization at all, as detailed in my comments on the second issue.

But hey... if you enjoy it, good for you. I'll be enjoying Wreckers #2, and ongoing #4 when it arrives.

11. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

overall a slow issue leading up to #4 without a doubt. i'm looking forward to where this may lead. it'd be some heavy shit if skywarp killed the girl as a result of bee's actions. let's hope they take it there, or else this issue will largely have been for nought.

12. MaxGoof

MaxGoof Preordained Soul

News Credits:
    I actually liked this issue a lot. I think it easily gave the best characterization of the series so far. Bumblebee's moral dilemma over whether or not to abuse the trust of a little girl is a position that I can only see Bumblebee in of all Transformers, and the scene really shines as a result. I'm still not sure why Wheeljack is such an asshole in this series, though. I've never seen him depicted that way before...

13. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm quite disappointed in the series. which is a shame, because I really like the art, but you know something is wrong when Skywarp seems to be the most intelligent character in the book.

14. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

So far I'm not really liking this series. Zander Cannon doesn't seem to be the greatest writer. I think the Autobots are smart enough not to make little slip ups like Ratchet answering Cliffjumpers test message out loud and tipping off Skywatch that they're up to something. I'm not a fan of Chee's art at all either. I actually think it's far worse than Don's creepy mono face that all robots apparently have. And I'm not a fan of Don's faces at all. But I'm a sucker for getting every bit of the story, so I'll keep getting Bumblebee as long as it's part of the main story.

15. Blitz Wing

Blitz Wing Triple Threat

Yeah, I think Ratchet would have been smarter than to answer Cliffjumper's question without using the secret chanel.

Also, I'm sorry, but Bumblebee is being a complete idiot in his moral stance here. Betraying the trust of some little girl is nothing compared to the fact that if he didn't do it, it would mean that all the Autobots under his command would become slaves to Skywatch. The fact that he even considers not going through with it prooves that he doesn't have what it takes to lead. Wheeljack is not being an asshole, he's the only one with any common sense. Unfortunately, I'm guessing that the writer is planning to make Bumblebee's compassion the reason why Skywatch lays off them. Clearly the writer thinks that the only people reading this are children.

16. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I feel like one of the few people enjoying this book, it's a good character peice & I'm warming up to Chee's style quite well.

17. Infosaur

Infosaur Well-Known Member

I guess no one's reading this book, because ish #3 is probably the creepiest interpertation of Bumblebee ever. I thought this would at least stir up debate (like, ever notice how Bumblebee is ALWAYS the bot to make first contact? Hmmm now I want to retraces his motives)

Art,,, I want to say meh, but I lived though the first marvel run and I find it some what nostalgic. The rather dramatic switch in style from book to book is a little odd though (What mode are you in Blurr?) but chalking it up to artistic licence from book to book, I'll let it slide.

What the heck is Skywarp up to? Methinks he's gone a lil' 'round the bend'?

3/5

18. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I don't understand what they're going for here.

The character models are for G1 fans...people over age 30.
    The writing is aimed squarely at really young kids.

Does. not. compute.

Durrh, Autobots don't rust, do they, boss? Hey boss, I don't remember Bee having a license plate before. But I'm not going to put the pieces together even though I just put the pieces together, eh boss? Durrrhh...

At least the art is cool. But I really can't stomach the writing.

19. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

yeah it would've been strong for him to say something like: "i know i'm normally the first to infiltrate alien societies, but deceiving someone so young and underdeveloped seems wrong."

i think Skywarp is going to hurt that poor girl =T
    but i really hope he effs up the military!

20. Blitz Wing

Blitz Wing Triple Threat

Actually, has Bumblebee been portrayed that way before in IDW? I know in other series' he's portrayed that way. In Infiltration, it was Ratchet who first initiated contact with the humans. In AHM, they didn't even really have a "first contact" with the humans, they just pretty much start fighting as soon as they got to Earth.

I guess in Coda he was shown to be sympathetic to the humans, but I don't think he ever tried to 'infiltrate' them.