Bumblebee #2 preview.

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Gridlock1987, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Gridlock1987

Gridlock1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. puppylove

puppylove mini ops caretaker

News Credits:
    more than the annoying ever changing art styles IDW has going on, i am sick of them totally botching character's personalities. wtf? blurr was nothing like that in his spotlight. seriously, has everyone at IDW gone insane? maybe it's cause i haven't ever followed a comic this closely before, but i am so disappointed with the new direction.

3. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

I LOVED what IDW did until All hail Megatron. Since AHM its been really bad and disjointed. Everything seems to be in its own little continuity.
    I really love the old-school art though in the Bumblebee-miniseries but that is about it (well of what I've seen at least). but I'm such a sucker for any Transformermedia so I'll be buying this when the TPB is released.

4. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Okay how the hell is Bee going to sort this out? At least he didn't hand Blur over also the design change is kinda flustrating. I wonder what would happen if Bee reclaimed the Matrix? I look forward to buying this.

5. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So Blurr talks like his cartoon self now? Great. I got a headache just trying to read what he was saying.

6. Optimus8404

Optimus8404 Autobot Commander.

Ebay:
    That art looks so dated. It's 2010 right?

7. Chevluh

Chevluh Well-Known Member

Well, only in the Bumblebee series, apparently. Like how he's not a normal-looking earth car here and he is in the ongoing issue #3. It's nice they're giving their artists and writers a lot of freedom but it makes the different comics kinda hard to reconcile.

8. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    What the hell! I thought this was running alongside the ongoing which I may have been swung into getting, but now the art and characterisation is COMPLETELY different, I think I may give the whole thing a miss. Especially since Last Stand of The Wreckers which again is supposed to run alongside has yet another completely different look. I think I'll just stick with Nefarious for my comic book needs. The art is horrible but at least it's consistently so.

9. KAGE

KAGE aka: GibsonKAGE

News Credits:
    IDW gives their artist free range....

This issue takes place after ongoing #3, Blurr was given an Earth mode in the ongoing. So what the duce!?

I think it's time for a new editor, this is strike 2 - 2nd this dude messed up. I like where the story is going but, they are making story telling seem like rocket science -_-'

10. rattimus prime

rattimus prime Scout Class Prime

I hate this art, its good just not my style, i mean its the only reason i dont like the series, they could of at least kept it in the -Ation style of drawing but NOOOOOO!!, we're gonna release three diffrent G1 series with three diffrent art styles, 80's, 00's, 2010. that and the Blurrtalk hurts my eyes

11. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Odd that Cannon decided to give Blurr his speech impediment even though he hasn't had it for the rest of his IDW appearances. I wonder if Costa will implement this in future issues of the Ongoing. It's a little hard to read, but I'm looking foward to this issue.

12. Blurrz

Blurrz cantkillprogress

News Credits:
    Ohyesshootthekidfavouriteyellowturdrightinthechesthahahahanomoretoysforyousucka

13. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

I actually like the art style of the Bumblebee series even less than the ongoing. In the ongoing it's just the faces that bother me, and those have been gradually improving somewhat. Blurr's fast talking with no punctuation or anything is a pain to read. I agree with others that it's too late to make him talk like his G1 character. He never talked like that in the rest of the IDW-verse.

It also seems these guys have no idea which designs they want to use for the characters. In Bumblebee, Blurr looks like his cybertronian Spotlight/AHM design, but all the other characters look pretty G1. In Ongoing, Don has changed a lot of the designs, but has changed the seekers back to the F-22/E.J. Su-ish design. Also Bumblebee is still basically the E.J. Su design. But Cliffjumper's completely changed in the ongoing, while still looking like Guido's AHM Cliffjumper in the Bumblebee series. Spike's a prick, so are most of the humans so far.

I'm still not too sure of where things are going because of all this. I REALLY loved everything up to AHM, and was willing to look past AHMs shortcomings. But I think these new series could potentially be good. So for now I'm sticking with it. Hoping it turns out better than it's looking so far. I'm really looking forward to Last stand of the Wreckers cos I like Roche's art, and he seems to be a pretty good writer as well.

14. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

not gonna look at the preview but that cover is hawt!

15. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Man don't they realize that writing Blurr like that makes you have to read him slower so the effect they want is the opposite? Can't he just speak a tad bit faster but with at least a tiny space between words.

I like the series. I think I'm following it pretty well but the last ongoing none of the bots had those badges, regardless of car and body shape they should at least have the damn badges with SW on them. Oh and sure they can had different art styles but at least give Blurr an Earth car mode. I get that artists are getting as much lliberty as they want but lets at least agree on whether or not certain bots have an earth mode or cybertronian mode. The ongoing had him as a sports car and the BB comic has him as some kind of topspin styled car

16. catz

catz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    perhaps we can say that Blurr is frustrated and scared that Bee and the rest are siding with the human at that point so he talks like that?

The design change IS annoying, I like it during the marvel comic era where the design is more less consistent between artists since they have toys to sell

17. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the reason they didn't have badges in Ongoing #3 is becuase Bumblebee #1 takes place after it.

18. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

I don't read these comics, but it seems from the preview that the Autobots have allowed themselves to be chipped like dogs by the military?

...WTF?

19. KAGE

KAGE aka: GibsonKAGE

News Credits:
    ^^^^^
    Thats right, in ongoing #3 it says.....

Last Stand of the Wreckers #1
    Ongoing Issue #3
    Bumblebee #1

20. samtastic

samtastic Herald of Wheelie

Like the Guido cover! I vote for the ongoing to get him on it in the future :)