?bumble bee kitbash?help me out!

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Alloy Alchemist, May 26, 2010.

1. Alloy Alchemist

Alloy Alchemist Decepticon sympathizer

I bought an oversized ko bumble bee to check the size and think over how this reshell might look. I was thinking this would be way e-z-er than the few(very few) super sweet reshells i've seen out there. Do you guys think the oversize shell will be too cartoonish? I'd probably keep him in robot mode most the time anyways(do now) so i guess the funny scale of car mode wouldn't bother me too much. The more comments the better! thanks

Attached Files:

2. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    Looking at K/O Bee and CJ next to eachother, I don't think it's going to be an "easy reshell," you're gonna have to figure out a way to squish the classics figure down a little more in car mode, or be prepared to rebuild the K/O's shell to cover some more surface area.

Probably do-able, but you might want to consider articulating the K/O instead, that's also a pretty big project, but it might get you the end-result you want without as many headaches.

3. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

I think you should make the shell of your KO work on the classics. that would not only make your alt mode not look as cartoonish, but you'd have the joint architecture of the robot already done. youd have to rework the hood area a bit, but i think that's your best bet. really, what your trying to do here isn't going to be easy, so i think you should pick the route that you'd be the most happy with design wise. beacsue it all about what YOU would like to have as the end result. Good luck! and i'll be watching this.

Randy!

4. stprime

stprime Exclu-DEAD

dude, i used this for a bb and a gold bug, give me about 10 mins and i'll show you what they look like!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. wan_de_real

wan_de_real Transformizer

Ebay:

Stprime you do really good job...

Alloy alchemist..more extra words beside what been said by Destrongerlupus..if i were you...will try to articulate the KO one..change the tyre and paint it like Stprime....if i want to proceed with classic bumblebee mold..i will search the 1/32 size volkswagen beetle model..more accurate in sheelling both and not so headache...this classic and KO size is not so in size...yes it do-able but really a lot2 work to do..hope that help

6. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Concept discussion goes here in Creative General Discussion :wink: 

7. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    I think it's do-able, but as destrongerlupus mentioned, you'll need to make things fit in alt mode. This could possibly be done by hollowing out the chest and main body section to see if the Classics Bumblebee legs and fold up into it. If not, you should be able to at least use the arms (minus the doors) and work that folding transformation into this new shell. For the legs, you may need to just articulate them and maybe bulk them up. I'm thinking that Classics Bee's legs still won't have enough space to fold up into the chest. But it's hard to tell without actually having something like this in-hand to look at all angles and measurements.

Good luck with this though! I'd like to see it done. Keep us posted and if you hit any snags, you could try asking a few of the more seasoned reshellers on how they might possibly do this one.

8. Cycrolus

Cycrolus Herald of Primus

Ebay:
    I've never been a huge fan of the VW BB. I understand the nostalgia but the point of the classics is to modernize the characters. Back when the mold for BB was created the VW Bug was a popular compact car but now its just a classic. As for whether it's cartoony yes it is very much. The actual bug is much longer.

9. Alloy Alchemist

Alloy Alchemist Decepticon sympathizer

thanks all!

thank you for everyone who responed. So I realized before I posted this, that the classics car was longer than the ko bug body but being as the ko bug body has no real windows and dosnt need seats, I MIGHT be able to fit all the nessary parts in there. I figured the only real way to know was to try....I also wanted to know how it would end up looking in robot mode being as that is the most important to me. Just so anyone else who trys this knows the ko plastic is very very brittle and cracks easly. I glued him together actionmaster style to see how i would feel about his robot mode,He ended up looking pretty good and I realized before I glued him together that it would be way to hard to try and squeeze all the parts in car mode but still on the side of posablites. I said in my first post about this that I thought this reshell would be e-z-er and if the parts would fit I still think it would have been since I wouldn't have to cut up a VW model into at least 10 pieces and fix gaps and such. Anyways thanks to all!

Attached Files:

10. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    should be interesting to see how this works out for you. You should do a follow along so others can do this with you as well.

11. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Yeah, that would be cool. Also, now that you have some work done, feel free to post another thread in Customs :) 

Honestly speaking, I think you'd been better suited to get a VW model kit and reshell that way. I can see much of your reasoning here, though.

I also can echo some sentiment towards negating the VW, but on another hand, I like seeing Classics characters just getting a modern update in toy engineering technology alone. There are many artists here whose work I love because their work consists mainly of a toy that I would have liked to owned originally in the day, like a 80s version of Classics or Alternators.