Bully

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by rattrap007, Oct 17, 2006.

1. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Anyone else pick it up today? I've been playing it for about 5 hours straight. Fun game.

Basically you play a 15 year old punk kid. Butt ugly too. You mom just remarried and she and the step dad drop you off at Bullworth academy. You've been kicked out of many other schools for being a delinquint.

It is kinda cool. This you need to follow the rules... more or less. If you are not in class the prefects (student monitors) and security will chase you if the see you. If they see you cause violence they chase you.

Classes are fun mini games. Chemistry is like a DDR type game where you have to hit the right button at the right time. English is a word jumble game where you are given letters like Lewmol and you arrange it into words like Mellow or Well in a certain time limit. Gym is wrestling and Dodgeball! Art is a game I played before.. I think it is called Fill-It. You try to make boxes which will be filled with a picture.

If you complete that minigame level you gain a special bonus. Gym gives you new fighting moves and increses your accuracy with ranged weapons. English gives you better insults and allows you to talk your way out of minor trouble. Chemistry allows you to make stink bombs, itching powder, firecrackers. Art allows you to kiss the girls and get kisses which give health.

If you complete all five levels of a class then you no longer have to be in class.

If you get busted you loose all your stink bombs etc. Only thing you keep are your slingshot and skateboard.

The side missions are student favors. Like one a girl has you pick a boy's locker and put some chocolates in the locker for her.

Real missions are kinda fun. Nothing extremely hard like GTA, but still fun. One was a nerd is running for president and you have to be a "sniper" to protect him from bullies. You use a ranged slingshot to shoot any bullies that try anything. It is just like in the GTA games, yet no death!

It looks nice and is kinda fun. Plus it is only $40. there are other things to do like find hidden rubber bands and CCG cards.. Also there are gnomes you destroy. These are like Tagging and Hidden packages in GTA.

Jack Thompson's rants and raves were far off. I haven't gotten a chance to go into town because the gate is locked (kinda like the first islands of GTA). I can't wait. Supposedly you can change you hair (otherwise why are their barberhops?) and you can get tats and changes of clothing.

Overall it is a tamed down version of GTA, only set in a prep school.

2. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Jack Thompson spent all this time bitching agianst what is basically a toned down GTA! :lol  Wow. Thats just plain funny! "Its the end of the world!!!! ...oh wait, nevermind."

3. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Actually Jack Thompson still insists it's a menace. He made a comment about Bully related slingshot injuries.

4. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Sounds like Canis Canem Edit is one hell of a fun game. :D 

Won't be surprised if that actually happens.

5. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    So it's a game about going to primary school? :confused: 

Honestly, I don't see the appeal there, but whatever floats your boat.

6. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

To North Americans English boarding schools seem sort of cool, since the only boarding schools we have are military school.

7. rattrap007

News Credits:
    Well I played it some more since my last post about the game. It is still great. I've beaten all but one of the classes (Photography) But I've complete 2/5 of that class. The other class is Autoshop.. Basically just hit the corosponding moves that appear on screen. This earns you bikes.

I found a boxing minigame in town. If you do the tournament against the preppies you win a light house property.. Kinda like with GTA. The boxing is kinda like Punch out. Very fun.

The bikes get you around quickly. Also there is a carnival with rides and minigames. The easiest one is the ring the bell strength test. Ring the bell get 3 tickets. You can redeem the tickets for prizes. I bought a moped.. Now I need a helmet so I can legally ride it. hehe.

Overall it is a fun fun game... even if it is a more tame GTA.

8. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Jack T is just stuck in his own stubborn fantasies. He'll never accept the real truth of it. He'd just rather assume.

Been waiting for Bully for long time and glad too see it's out now. Plan on picking it up whenever I can. Even the neighbor hood stuff looked fun.

From reading about the game , it seems like it's more about protecting nerds from different type of bully's rather than being the bully. With the option of being one.

9. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

I think originally in the game you were supposed to be a bully but then changed it to you not being a bully but more of a protector. You can get in trouble for bullying

10. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Got this game yesterday, been playing it for six hours (just finished Cook's Date).

And this game ROCKS. No doubt about it, this is one of the most funs games I've ever played (and no Thompson-fans, NOT because of the bullying, which is actually pretty tame). There's so much to do, the graphics are IMO fantastic (except with some textures like the Greasehead's shirts, it looks like a failed JPEG image on my TV), and the classes system is, gasp, fun as well!

The entire game basically revolves around the "Do stuff and be rewarded" principle that's evident in old games like Pacman, and it manages to do it even better then even GTA:SA did. Oh sure, the last was fun in an extreme kinda way (jumping off bridges/skyscrapers, the ATV and the canyon), but Bully/Canes Canim Edit is more like everyday fun. It's hard to explain, but Bully somehow appeals to me more then the GTA games ever did.

Oh, and one more improvement over GTA: Regular faces! You actually SEE the other important story characters walking around (except Gary, I never see that little punk)! Le gasp!

And a random gametip: Want a pirate head? Go to the pier, dive into the water, swim to the island in front of you and then follow the coastline, going left. You should see a sunken ship after a few seconds swimming, and to the right of it is a beach. Walk onto the beach, and kick the pirate's ass to get his hat (don't forget to take his picture, he's a student!).

11. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Jack Thompson would complain that the plastic wrapping ON the game is a threat if we gave him half a chance.

I'll look into this game. Thanks for the tip!

12. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I doubt it. Rockstar made sure not to release any real info on the game. I'm betting they wanted people (Jack Thompson in particular) to assume that it would be about that. It worked like a charm too.

13. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    I think that the original idea indeed was to act like a pure bully, but that they changed it as the game evolved, BEFORE it got into publicity. Glad they changed it though, this definately is one of my favourite games.

I wonder though, if you'll have to stop some serious event near the end of the game, like stopping an allout schoolwar between the groups or stopping Pinky from doing something stupid like setting the school on fire because he's tired of all the bullying. I can't wait to find out, the story's quite good. Simple, but good.

14. rattrap007

News Credits:
    One gag I love is the lines about the preppies being imbreds.. They are constantly talking about how the parents are first cousins (It's legal!) only because they outlawed brother/sister marriges.. (That is why one guy's aunt has 4 thumbs.)

The game is very fun.. I'm about half way done and it is still VERY fun..

Only people that are very hard to find walking around the school are the gang leaders, Gary, and Peter.. Also a girl named Zoe who appears later. Get a picture of every student and you get a black ninja outfit that keeps you out of minor trouble like Truancy, curfew, etc. Anything big and they will still bust you.

So far I've won the Nerds, Bullys (The leader sounds like the Hulk hehe), Preppies and Greasers.. Now I just need the Jocks.

Two kinda naught missions I had to do recently were a panty raid for the coach by sneaking into the girls dorm, and sneaking pictures of a cheerleader for a nerd.. One of her in the shower.. easy guys the door is closed. If you get too close to the shower you are instantly busted with no chance for escape.

The game is very easy, yet still is VERY fun.. The super slingshot can work like the sniper rifle. I also got the most powerful weapons in the game now. A bottle Rocket launcher and a spud gun. Spud gun is wicked powerful.

15. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Just beat the Jocks, and made myself King of the School (although that's when the REAL problems start, DAMN YOU GARY!).

One question: How the hell can you make water balloons and give people wedgies!?

Also completed most of the classes, except for English 4. Got 45%, so it's VERY frustrating to not be able to think of any other words. Having English as a second language doesn't help, either.
    Oh, and if you get the chance, finish Art 5 and Photography 5. The first gets you FREE kisses, and the second doubles every ticket you win at the carnival!

16. rattrap007

News Credits:
    I'm now about 86% done. Beat the game and all the main missions. Now I got the bike races, purchase all the clothes, all the little task favors, and find the last few Grottos & and Gremlins cards. Got the Gnome suit and the Super Rubber Band Ball weapon for collecting all the rubber bands and destroying all the lawn gnomes. The rubber band ball is kinda cool. Basically you throw it and it bounces like mad all over the place. Slow reload but kinda fun to mess with.

Only clothes left i need to buy are from Aquaberry which are very expensive. Then i need to win a lot more tickets (a bout 200ish) then I'll have all but the prision uniform because i never had detention in the winter.. damn it.

The ninja outfit is cool. You lose trouble lever quickly for vandalism and other minor offenses. Plus you never get in trouble for tresspassing or curfew. I went in the girl's dorm and stood right in front of the teacher and nothing happened..