Scratch Builds: Building Weapons with Wikkid: the Shoulder-mounted RPG (Rocket-Propelled Grenade)

Discussion in 'Tutorials and How Tos' started by Wikkid, Feb 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wikkid

Wikkid Semi-retired customizer

Here's how I build a shoulder mounted RPG (Rocket-Propelled Grenade) weapon:

I start with another handful of crap from my parts drawer:

[​IMG]

You can get bulk supplies of bombs, missiles and whatnot from your local hobby shop to go with various scales:

[​IMG]

I cut the bomb down so it's just the tip and the tail section. This will be the layout:

[​IMG]

Glue the two sections together and notch the inside of the upper piece so it fits the tubular shape of the weapon body otherwise it'll look odd. Clamp until dry. Prepare the targeting mechanism by shaving its base to fit:

[​IMG]

The launcher body is drilled and a styrene tube fit in place. The rear of the missile is also drilled so they snap together. Don't glue the missile in place and you can make a bunch of different attachments for this piece:

[​IMG]

Now we need to make a clip to attach the weapon to the figure. I've used the yellow tube on the right (or something similar) in the past to attach to shoulder rods, but in the case of a re-shell, you can fabricate a quick clip with styrene:

[​IMG]

Cut that styrene length into three pieces:

[​IMG]

Glue together like this:

[​IMG]

Basically, the shoulder launcher just clips onto the car bodies cowl section:

[​IMG]

Above is a variation of this design I used before:

[​IMG]

images

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.