Scratch Builds: Building Weapons with Wikkid: the Gatling Gun and the Railgun

Discussion in 'Tutorials and How Tos' started by Wikkid, Oct 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wikkid

Wikkid Semi-retired customizer

Here's how I build a hand held weapon (AKA Blaster pistol):

I start by grabbing a bunch of extra crap out of my parts bin. I need to build two identical weapons so there's two of everything:

[​IMG]

The parts I'm using are:
    • Alternators prime gun;
    • Half of G1 Breakdowns car mode guns;
    • One of Alternator tracks missiles;
    • A smokestack from MP prime.

[​IMG]

I cut everything as shown with the Dremel and level them with sandpaper. I also notch out the bottom side of the Tracks missile so it wraps around the weapon core.

While those are glued and drying, I cut and notch the smoke stack so it resembles a brace:

[​IMG]

I shaved the "Viper" markings off, and everything is now ready for prepping. With this blaster, I wanted it to resemble a double barreled sawed-off shotgun:

[​IMG]

Here they are painted in their ground coat. I'll highlight them later:

[​IMG]

Be sure your figure can hold his new weapon otherwise you'll need to mod the handle:

[​IMG]

Here's how to scratchbuild a riffle type weapon:

Start off with several random sized styrene tubes that fit snug within each other:

[​IMG]

The smallest tube will be your barrel core. The other two tubes will thicken up the barrel tip. Notice the tubes get smaller as they get bigger. These will offset the tip so it tappers from wide to small:

[​IMG]

Drop some filler on it . . . . :

[​IMG]

. . . . and carve it down and sand it out to a point:

[​IMG]

Moving further back, I'm building a bullet chamber. I glue two small tubes about this far apart:

[​IMG]

I now take a larger tube and drill both ends, then slice a groove between the two:
    [​IMG]

Now I install the bullet chamber and throw in the cocking mechanism into place:

[​IMG]

Now it's time to add some square paneling and the handles. Some parts are angled to mix it up a bit:

[​IMG]

Now this piece can either be a silencer or a grenade launcher. I use the larger tube and measure it out equally then drill through both sides:

[​IMG]

It ends up looking like this:

[​IMG]

Now that the arm rest is in place, the grenade launcher attached and reinforced, the magazine clip is put in place and I build a scope:

[​IMG]

The scope is now attached and the magazine is in place. It's a removable spare tire and is intended to look like a Cybertronian version of a Tommy gun. The scope is also meant to look vintage:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.