Building a G1 Insecticon Army....how many figures (copies) do YOU have

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by FortressMaximus1976, Jul 26, 2010.

1. FortressMaximus1976

FortressMaximus1976 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I've started the task of building an Insecticon army. Thus far, I have 3 minty Bombshells, 3 Kickbacks, and one lone Shrapnel...all vintages btw. I do have that TFC Reissue set as well, but with those stupid prices on Ebay, I will NEVER open that puppy (paid $64 for it back in 2006) ...and I can't justify the $60 plus prices for the TRU reissues on ebay either...sooo...how many (for those who have army built these things) insecticons do you have....how many of each of the 3 original, AND your favorite of the 3 and why...

Yes, I'm at work, its slowwww..and I just thought of this thread lol....

Oh, my personal favorite is Bombshell...love the robot mode, cartoon kept faithful to the head sculpt of the toy..and i love the Cerebro Shell aspect of his character...

Your turnes........

2. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Do the deluxe Insecticons count? How about the E-Hobby set?

3. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    are they still instock at tru? wait for the next buy one get one half price sale. as for me, i no longer own the g1 insecticons but might buy the reissue at a decent price. no 60 or 50.... 20 sounds good lol

4. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I have the original 3 from when I was a kid, plus I bought 3 sets of the last reissue for my swarm.

I've always loved Kickback the mostest.

5. simplygriff

simplygriff ยต - Elitist Dick

News Credits:
    I was going to do this too until I noticed the prices on G1's. I was thinking they were cheaper when I started. I have my original G1 display set I've had for years, I've got 1 TRU set of 3 and a semi-beater Kickback and Bombshell. Still would like to get another Shrapnel so I have all 3 but I've had other priorities lately. Good luck in your quest! If I decide to get rid of the extra 2 I've got, I'll give you a shout. :D 
    -G

6. Takeout

Takeout Mistress of the Night

I have a grand total of zero Insecticons. :cry 

Good luck on your quest.

7. FortressMaximus1976

Ebay:
    Sure e-hobby would count...not the deluxes..... :) 

Thanks for the good lucks!!! I shouldnt have a problem..my experience with loose insecticons is you can get them pretty cheap at auction..thats how I got my last set of 1 bombshell, and 2 kickbacks..all in amazing condition, except for the chromewear on one of the kickbacks for $11.38!!!!

I'm going for a 12 of each...I know, its nuts..but oh well :) 

8. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

If you want something cheap to troop-build you could pick G1 Jumpstarters :) 

For a while I was collecting Energon Sharkticons but I sold most of them.

I have about seven or eight Battle Armored Android Troopers (BAATs) from GIJoe Star Brigade... which is sort of funny as I don't collect GIJoe in general. Part of the reason I don't like Joes is the way they are made, with the rubber band waist and the joints where they are. I put the BAATs with my Action Masters. :) 

YOJOE.COM | Cobra B.A.A.T.

9. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have 2 of each thus far and all are minty-ish but bombshell missing his little insect legs on his arms. I think I'm going to go for 1-2 more of each. So I might go with the tru set again as its still available to me here in illinois.

10. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    In that case I'm sporting about four of each. I forget exactly but that sounds right.

11. SegaGenesis

SegaGenesis Headmaster

I have an original Shrapnel from my youth, representing half of my extant transformers from childhood. I also have one set of the TRU reissues and the four deluxe insecticons complete and in very good shape. That's good enough for me.

12. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have 1 each MISB of e-Hobby, Takara book style & Hasbro reissue.

I also have at least 1 set loose

13. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Hooray! A thread where my response might matter and that actually got me to post (it's been a while). I like to think of myself as one of the (or the) fandom's most fanatic Insecticon collectors (I'm an entomologist, which is part of the reason) and I have been troop-building the originals, deluxes, various re-issues, and e-hobby ones for a good while now.

I forget exactly how many of each fig. I have because right now it's all in storage for a bit, but I think at last count I had around or more than 20 of each of the originals, at least 10 of each of the 4 deluxes, 3 sets of the E-Hobby versions, 2 sets of the recent reissues, one set of the "book" re-issues, a bunch of the various KOs, a multitude of decoys, 3 sets of the Hard Hero statues, a bunch of G1 boxes for the originals, a nice set of repro G1 boxes, a few G1 deluxe boxes (need to find more), and a ton of weapons for all, although, naturally, I have far more weapons for the 3 originals than the deluxes. I should probably poiint out that many of the G1 bots are not in the best of shape (and others are very, very nice), which is how I acquired so many, but as insects are prone to lose body parts fairly easily in life and still get by, so does my Insecticon army and if not, well, then they get to be lunch.

I also have other odds and ends, like books featuring the Insecticons and some TF puzzles that include them. I forget what else...I still need to acquire sealed versions of all 7 Insecticons, a set of Diaclone versions, and some of the 4 Star KOs. Oh, yeah, and I own a minty-fresh Beet Gugal from Takatoku Toys AKA Chop Shop. Which reminds me that I also own very nice copies of character designs done by Artmic Animation Studios for the Deluxe Insecticons commissioned, I think, by Takatoku originally and then, supposedly, used by Hasbro for art purposes later. Those are some of my fave Insecticon items because some show the characters in great detail and others are cut-aways showing the interior of their bodies. Great stuff!

I also own a bunch of other insect bots from the TF Universe from BW, BM, etc. If it's an insect, I either own it (in many cases, I own multiples of the fig.) or am looking for it. I've also got a thing for the various crustacean bots that exist.

Okay, I'll stop rambling. Great thread!

14. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Do you include spider-bots and scorpio-bots with your Insecticons?

15. Triformis

Me? Nope. They're not insects (6 legs? Insect.). My displays are all taken down for the time being, but when I had them up, the major one was all the Insecticon stuff (the G1 stuff and others that sue those molds). My other big display was what I refer to as the Arthropodocons, which included all the non-G1 Insect bots plus the crustaceans, scorpions, and some of the mutant insect-like stuff. I had spider bots for a while, but decided to pare back the collecting and rid myself of the spider stuff. I would have just strictly gone with insects, but, man, too many of the non-insect arthropod (what insects are + crustaceans, arachnids, millipedes, centipedes, etc.) are awesome and hard to pass up!

16. FortressMaximus1976

Ebay:
    Damn...okay I don't have your determination..but GREAT response my friend!

17. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Someone posted in the cool pictures thread their Insecticon swarm overwhelming Metroplex, Hot Rod, and others. He must've had 30 or so sets.

Triformis, your collection sounds great, you should be proud!

Personally, I had Shrapnel as a lad, still have him-him. Then I got the recent TRU set, who are on display currently-ly. Nifty guys and if money weren't a concern, I would definately have bought out all my local TRU's insecticons when they had buy 1, get one half off and had a legion of them-them.

I do have a pair of Insecticons from Energon/Universe, if those count at all.

18. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Have 4 deluxe barrage in varying condition. One is completely unbroken. 1 Ransack without bug legs.

4 kickback with broken antenna. 2 bombshell iin varying condition. 1 Shrapnel with loose arms (retrieved from goodwill)

and finally two sealed sets of tru insecticons, and one very clean loose complete set of kickback, Shrapnel, and bombshell.

19. Triformis

Pravus_Prime & Fort Max - thanks for the kind words! Maybe someday I'll even post pics. I'd love to see that pic of the Insecticon horde attacking Metroplex et. al. I may have to go track that down.

20. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I have one TFC set, and 5 of the TRU reissue sets. So I have 6 of each. Seemed like a good enough swarm to me.