Customs: Building a better Springer

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by crosscharge, Apr 18, 2009.

1. crosscharge

crosscharge Classics tinkerer

Ebay:
    Some love him, some hate him, but like so many of the g1 transformers that only had so-so toys, we have never really had a good update of our friend springer. I know we've had him as a armored vehicle and a helicopter, but 2 alt modes wasn't too much then, why should it be now?

With 2 other triple changers in the classics line, I would really like to end up with most of them to follow suit. Other members here have given a great head start to some of the triple changers (Alphamagnus and Dsn1014 among others), and Misfitrobot has an awesome looking springer started as well, but I had an idea for springer that I am not completly sold on and I was interested in some feed back.

Now this is going to take a bit of imagination as I havent torn anything apart in fear it wouldnt come together as I planned.

[​IMG]

Ive started by using Cyb. Crumplezone as a base. This first thing I wanted to do was get rid of this gorilla arms! Ive wedged in some Classics jetfire arms as much smaller replacements of the lower arm. I like these arms for the fact that I should be able to remove crumplezones wheels and make them attach where jetfires arms cannons once were.

[​IMG]

Car mode isn't going to be changed to much, except for the addition of of Cybertron Evacs (not pictured here, apprently I forgot, please refrence next pic) rotor assembly attached on top, minus the rotors of course.

[​IMG]

Lastly comes the helicoptor mode. Legs will be folded all the way back, some sort of tail rotor will go onto the legs (hopefully something small so they can fold back and eliminate some partsforming), front wheel folded in, arms rotated so wheels will be placed down or on the inside depending on space issues with those mini wings on the outside, and main rotors attached.

Im sure there will be much more modding to be done, rotors as sword, getting a new head and what not. My question is, for the purposes of of being a classics triplechanger Springer is it worth it? I like the idea of it alot, just not sure if its filling the intended role.

Please leave some comments as to what you think, as to the idea in general and my quandary as well. Thanks for looking helping a guy out!

Attached Files:

2. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Wow! So far so good.

3. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd say you've got a pretty good idea goin there. I like where it goin!