Build standard Of Movie Toys

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Timmy 76, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Timmy 76

Timmy 76 Well-Known Member

Ive bought a few of the toys for my son (and me) and ive been a bit disapointed about the build standard of them. bumblee "74", longarm, prime, starscream and jazz fast action battlers and a few off the movie legends range. i think that the fast action battlers are some of the best toys that have been produced for ages and prime is great. but the others seem to use gravity more than anything else to stay together. Longarm is dreadfull, it falls apart when you look at it, bumblee doesnt click together properly and legends megatrons legs you put where you want if you can get them there with out them falling off! what are your opinions.

2. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    My friends movie Longarm and Megatron think otherwise.

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    maybe you're just not transforming them right.

4. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Mine are tight, no falling apart. Ironhide is kinda loose at the legs, but they're pretty much perfect. Maybe you're transforming them wrong or have QC problems

5. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Most Old Camaro Bumblebees have a production flaw that breaks the Automorph feature and prevents it from locking back down in car mode. Mine didn;t break so I can't provide any more insight on that I'm afraid.

My Longarm has a few loose joints, but definitely doesn't fall apart easily.

I haven't messed around with Legends megatron enough to notice anything, but the few times I have transformed it I didn't have any problems.

6. Soundwarp

Soundwarp Next victim please TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thats a shame, i thought they were really well done.

7. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Really?

I have the Concept and Classic Camaro Bumblebees and they are really nice, good tight joints and wonderfully poseable, my sons have several other movie toys including Brawl, Wreckage, FAB Starscream, FAB Optimus Prime, Barricade, Swindle, and a few others I'm sure I'm forgetting and they are some of the best Transformers since Alternators.

8. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    I've never had Longarm fall apart. Payload, definitely, but never Longarm.

9. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

Ive thought about this with some of the toys. And the only thing I have to compare movie toys to/quality of is ramjet. But that being said I do feel that with some of the figures the plastic does feel cheaper than other movie toys plastic. It feels like ramjets plastic is solid and a toy id let my kid play with but i wouldnt let her play with 73 bb or voyager prime just because they feel a bit loose/unstable. I partially agree with you. I've sold the figures I wasnt in love with recently and have arcee, both versions of bumblebee, barricade and bonecrusher left after having all the movie cast deluxe figures. I even got rid of ironhid, blackout, voyager prime and both versions of starscream mostly because I didnt feel their joints or plastic were up to par. I'll buy much more carefully from now on from the movie line.

10. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    i've only had two problems with movie toys so far...one is a semi-loose arm, and one is that damn issue with Brawl's shoulders.

11. Timmy 76

blimmey, i must have got the ones built late on a friday afternoon. F.A.B's are great i really like them and have no probs but the bumblebee automorph just doesnt click back properly and i really like the long arm robot mode but the car mode just doesnt click together at all well.

......but i just realised mine (sorry my sons!!) toys have been played with by a 6 year old which makes me think they just dont stand up to the constant playing with that the ones that i had when i was younger, which in fact he plays with now 20 years on and they still stand up to the punishment.

12. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Ditto. Payload is a nightmare, ranks up with Deluxe Brawl for me. I have nothing but love for the rest of what I got.

13. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I haven't noticed any movie toys being particularly worse (or better) on average than the last several lines.

14. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

qc issues happen every now and then, a few of my classics are a bit loose or have a flaw somewhere. i also suspect your 6 year might need to re-read the instructions ;) 

15. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Personally, I haven't had any real problems with any of my movie TF's. The only 2 that have really had any probelm with them would be Deluxe Brawl, the arms, and Voyager Blackout, automorph feature, which are both correctable in easy ways. I would mention Leader Brawl, but, that's just part of his transformation into alt-mode that I haven't been able to do as of yet (the final step with the side covers), though that isn't even a problem in my opinion as I plan to leave him in bot-mode for pretty much most of the time.

16. domientius

domientius Well-Known Member

I've noticed a trend of locking tabs which just don't work well in the line. The tabs that hold leader Prime's arms to his sides are very weak and the tabs that hold voyager Prime's knees together aren't that reliable. Then we have Jazz's forearms which just rest together with no real locking.

17. Nutcrusher

Nutcrusher Decepticon

News Credits:
    Deluxe Brawl has problems. The clear gears on mine are bust, but if you don't play with those (i don't), you can keep the shoulder treads up. And I did manually correct Blackout's automorph feature. And I lost a Bumblebee with the early faulty design. I guess it's relatively steep for a couple of plastic toys, but when you're trying new things like automorph, it's bound to cause problems. Barricade is excellent and so is Dropkick.

18. Timmy 76

i have locked him in his room his meals are fed through a hatch i made in the door and forbidden him to exit until he knows the transformations properly......
    hard love i know but DAMN IT HE WILL HAVE TO LEARN!!!!!!!!

:ev: 

19. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Most Transformers nowadays are more complex and more articulated, but they're also designed with safety and durability in mind.

While say, a die cast metal hood for a G1 toy (particularly Autobot cars) can last for your lifetime, the rest of the toy likely won't due to the fragile design. Modern toys are generally designed to come apart with force so they don't break and stab a child with sharp shards of plastic.

Also, with more articulation and complexity in design, means they are often harder to get back into vehicle mode correctly, especially for a child.

20. Michael_Prime_2K7

Michael_Prime_2K7 The Crafty One

My Ultra Magnus was the first of all my TFs to break. The leg at the back of carrier part of him twisted too far one day...Ok I did it because I was mad. Shame on me.:dunce