Bugger it all, I'm homeless!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Darkspeed, May 13, 2008.

1. Darkspeed

Darkspeed Avatar Freak

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    UPDATE - Thankfully, I seem to have myself somewhat settled now; My friend (Who has been putting me up since I got kicked out, 'cus he's a diamond geezer!) Is letting me stay at another place for the next few months - Not permenant, but it'll do until I can figure out my next step.

Thanks to everyone for their kind words and advice on the matter - Nice to know I'm not on my own on this one!

Not exactly been the best few days for me... Been driven out of my home by my family, and I'm sleeping in a friend's spare room... Great way to start the summer.

All started on Thursday when I had to go back home to sort out a load of crap with my brother... We had a scuffle, him basically refusing to help out around the house, and when my folks sided with him I just lost it and walked out. Tried giving them a few days to cool off, see if they'd listen to me... And they basically told me to "Sod off and not come back"... Great...

So all my carefully laid out plans are all up in the air, and I have no idea where I'm gonna be in the next few weeks. I've been trying to get a transfer to Canada (Where my girlfriend lives) but that might be harder than it looks, especially at such short notice. But seeing as I was planning to leave at the end of the summer...

Gah, I dunno. Forgive me if I sound a bit whiney, just thought I'd see what everyone thinks, see if I can get a bit of perspective. Thanks for listening guys.

Last edited: May 17, 2008
  2. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Dont burn bridges with your family.

3. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    Do you have any other family or friends to help you out and support you? I can't believe you folks kick you out. What exactly happened?

4. Metalhead

Metalhead hates things

Like I've said mate, you need anything; to borrow stuff, a sofa to crash on (providing the dogs don't mind), or to have your brother rubbed out, you've got my number.

5. Darkspeed

Darkspeed Avatar Freak

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, easier said than done... They can be really vindictive to people who disagree with them, even other family.

My brother basically shuns me, disregards everything I say. And I've fallen into this role where I'm the only one who bothers to make sure everything runs smoothly in the house... Little brother just won't help out, and got really violent when I tried to put my foot down - Arms all messed up.

Anyways, I told my folks something needs to change, and they kinda brushed it all off. Couldn't stand it longer so left. And like I said, went back to reason with them some more and that was it! Nice, huh?

6. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

If your parents won't listen to you and chose to side with your brother then there's really not much to say. I think your parents are pretty messed up and it's probably best that you stay away for the time being. If you can support yourself and get a place to live do so. If they don't want you back why would you want to go back?

7. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    How much younger is he?

8. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    This may be a blessing in disguise. How old are you? Do your parents need any medical assistance? This may be a chance to live life on your own.

9. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

A year from now you may look back and be glad it happened. The point your at now though is tough. Good luck on getting back in rythm,,, and if you need a little cash for some food, soap etc,, let me know and Ill mail ya a 20 or something.

Your too far too offer up a pad

10. Darkspeed

Darkspeed Avatar Freak

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Only two years, but he's a dirty fighter... Honestly most of how my arm is more to do with me fending him off really. I'm not really the violent sort.

Well, I did live on my own up until te end of March... Again, I've been planning to move to Canada for some time. I was supposed to be there until summer's end so I could save up the green to go, but this has kinda crapped that plan.

As for caring for my folks.. My mom was ill for a bit, but no one else was bothering to do the little jobs there, so took it upon myself. I know I can't complain much about stuff I volunteer to do, but just gets to me.

11. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:
    Well I just graduated from college and don't have health insurance because my parents' only covers while you are in school. Yay. I feel like a walking time bomb.

I guess it's kind of similar.

12. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

That sucks. I hope you get things sorted out in one way or another and you get back on your feet.

13. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Sorry if I came off as sarcastic there. That's really the only advice I could give, my dad kicked me out and I came really close to shutting him out of my life forever. I probably had an easier time with it than others but if I dont think I could forgive myself if I ever did that.

14. Darkspeed

Darkspeed Avatar Freak

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You didn't, no worries there... You're right, I shouldn't burn my bridges, and I could never see myself never talking to them again. I'm just sad that I couldn't manage a whole month living in the hosue again after I moved back.

Thanks for the kind words guys, really means a lot.

15. shortround

shortround Banned

hey sorry a abot waht happint hope u get a home

16. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

Have someone kill your brother then move back in while comforting your parents in there grief. j/k

Seriously though, good luck man.

17. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    That sucks, just be cool with the situation,try to move on your own. It will not be easy, but that's life.

Good luck with everything.

18. Darkspeed

Darkspeed Avatar Freak

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, Metalhead has already offered... :D 

19. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

I hope everything works out man, your family is your family man.

20. grimlockams prime

grimlockams prime Check you feet

go to japan and climb up a mountian and find a ninja clan then train with them for years, eventualy when all of the clan has been abducted by aliens, they will reveal their giant mecha, go fight the aliens then come back be celabrated as a hero, then take your robot and smash your parents house under foot! ITS BRILLANT!!