BTS Trailer vs. FP G3 Trailer

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by blackconvoy_D01, Aug 19, 2009.

1. blackconvoy_D01

blackconvoy_D01 Destronger

Ebay:
    I've been debating this for the last 24 hrs. Do I get the BTS or the G3...

Pros to G3:
    - G1 style look
    - Additional weapons to Bumblebee, Grimlock, Sideswipe, Mirage and Hound
    - Battlepod with Guns and repair arms, along with mobile base set up

Cons to G3
    - $90.00 including shipping, the 3rd highest price ive ever spent on a single TF
    - I dont own Mirage, or Bumblebee, and my Grimlock already has two weapons
    - If its not black, ala G2, for me its not worth the $90.00

Pros to BTS
    - G1 color scheme, with Neo Classics design, raises interest
    - $55.00 including shipping at BBTS.com
    - Two additional weapons to fit Hound and Sideswipe in robot mode
    - I own Hound and Sideswipe
    - Mobile base set up

Cons to BTS
    - Not as hyped as G3, so I may feel as if I sold myself short

Can someone give me a fresher prespective?

Does anyone own the BTS, who can give me some more info?

[​IMG]

Classics+Prime+Roller+sample+(2009-MAR-29)+11.JPG (image)

2. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If your only reason not to like the BTS is the lack of hype then you should by it. There are some issues it has that can be found in its feedback thread. Its actually on sale for $45 at BBTS right now. Just go with your gut and dont let other people opinion change your mind

3. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the only other con that i can add to the BTS trailer is that in base mode it cannot support one deluxe car without somewhat collapsing, it's in it's feedback thread

4. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really like my Black BTS Set! Real sharp looking!

5. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing. If you like the way the BTS Trailer looks, and you like it's features and everything. Then go for it. Personally I don't like the design of the BTS Trailer,and I like all the features of the G3 trailer and the design better. That's the reason I'm choosing G3 over BTS.

There are feedback threads for both trailers in the feedback section now. So maybe take a look at those and decide for yourself. Go with what YOU like and not what other people like. Do you plan on getting Mirage, Bumblebee, & Grimlock some day? If not, then the weapons that come with G3 might not appeal to you so much.

6. blackconvoy_D01

blackconvoy_D01 Destronger

Ebay:
    I read the feedback on both. Neither is exactly what I want. So thats why I keep measuring the varibles, and wanted to seek some owner insight to make a better choice. I like both and my Classics Optimus is a bit lacking since I picked up the Shadow Commander Trailer for Nemesis.

7. zealottoyou

zealottoyou Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Consider they are selling the bts trailer in asia at around $30 a pop, i will pass g3 for sure...

8. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    There are four things that have kept me from the HTS Trailer (Atleast that I can think of right now):
    1. The lack of support in battle station mold. The video reviews make this look like a floppy mess.
    2. The overall style does not do it for me. IMO it looks like a tow-behind camper. To each his own on that one.
    3. The fact that Rollar is the wheels. This probably bugs me most because it just looks goofy under there. If I remember correctly, Rollar has some problem with the wheels popping out or not staying in or something.
    4. The Geewon in me goes more toward the basic square trailer although it the FP version is not without fault (I don't like the chrome weapons, stealth mode, price). However, even on a budget (mine is limited), it is either the FP one, or nothing. I lived this long without a trailer and if I get one, it is going to be the one that I think works better. $30-$35 is one good night of drinking out of the budget.

But if those things or other issues don't bother you, and if you prefer the look of the HTS one (which many do), go for it. It is just those back wheels bug me way too much.

9. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    I got the BTS Nemesis Trailer for Nemesis Prime and the G3 version for Optimus.

Best course of action in my opinion.

10. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

I agree with this except I do like the chrome weapons and the stealth mode.

11. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    That's what I'm doing.

12. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    BTS Nemesis Trailer sold out awhile ago on BBTS.

In my opinion, BTS trailer is great for those that can't justify spending $60+ on 3rd party products. G3 trailer is made for collectors who have money to spend. With both trailers, you get what you pay for basically.

13. Rodimus83

Rodimus83 Autobot

I think if I had to pick one...then I would go for G3...I just like the design better.

14. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    Although I much prefer the G3 trailer I'm getting the BTS one. $80 for a trailer and some weapons is just ridiculous, I refuse to spend that kind of money when I can get the City Commander which is essentially a whole new figure for nearly the same price

15. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    I'm doing this as well.

When I've got both trailers in hand, I'll probably do a comparitive review of them

16. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    ...now hold up a bit here.

The BTS trailer is nothing to sneeze at.

The design is cool, the transformation is simple, but different from other trailers, it's got plenty of features, and it is overall very soundly constructed.

Additionally, I thought it was originally sold at about the $60 price point.

We're not going to start seperating the 'have' and 'have-nots' by a $20 margin are we? No matter which version someone picks, they're spending $50+ dollars for a glorified display piece/stage aka the part of Prime we always forgot about until Hasbro decided we couldn't have them anymore.

I'm sorry, but the idea that the G3 version is for "superior" or the more "ballin' " collector is absurd. For the record, the collector with money to spend has already bought both BTS trailers and is considering whether to buy one or two G3 trailers.

Also? The BTS trailer at $60 is well worth it. Go with which ever fits your idea of what 'Classics' should be people. :2c: 

17. starsaber888

starsaber888 Well-Known Member

imo the G3 trailer looks much better, has a more G1 look and lots of extra stuff.. the only thing i dislike is the price!

do you think the G3 trailer wil sell out fast? shall i grab one now or risk paying high prices on ebay later?

18. EvaleSuperion

EvaleSuperion Banned

News Credits:
    you get what you paid for

19. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Considering there appear to be plenty of Shadow Commanders, DIA Commanders and Aerial Team Appendage kits floating around, not to mention the imminent re-release of City Commander, I think it's safe to say that Fansproject have probably produced a lot of G3 trailers. I would be very surprised if they sold out in the near future.