BTS-04B Black Sonicron Video Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Video Reviews' started by Protoman, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Protoman

Protoman The Legendary One Veteran

News Credits:
  2. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    This is an excellent preview! Thanks so much for sharing!

3. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Appreciate the preview and glad they improved on the QC issues. It does look really cool!

I am usually not too critical about transformers in general, but when it comes to these unlicensed products, I am not too impressed with BTS. I don't mind the expense on some of the 3rd party stuff, but when I do consider spending a big chunk of my hard earned money, I don't want to buy something from a company who "knows how to fix something when it's been broken". I want to buy products from a company who knows how to do it right the first time. But thats just me.

4. BigRC83

BigRC83 I'm singing in the rain

News Credits:
    You are the man Protoman! I always see the Music Label Soundwave as the definitive modern Soundwave but that is just me. Great review! :thumbs2: 

5. Rockdown

Rockdown Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thanks for the review. However, it confirmed that G1 Soundwave and Device Label Soundwave are superior to Sonicron and Soundblaster. Far superior.

6. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    Nice preview, toy still looks god awful though

7. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i agree with you guys.

yet.. i'm still holding out hope that hasbro will do soundwave some justice.

a new generations line with springer, arcee, and soundwave would be awesome.

8. Crobot91

Crobot91 Daddy has lots of TFs...

News Credits:
    Music Label superior,
    Sonicron inferior...

9. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    I'll wait for more reviews, maybe they only sent you the best sample they had. My blue Sonicron is full of suck and I'm not sure I'll spend that much money again on that mold.

10. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Great review. Too bad I don't want the black one. It's the one with all of the problems fixed, whereas I do want the blue one but its a piece of shit. If they ever sell out of the 1st release blue version (unlikely at this point), perhaps Soundwave will be re-released using the newer Soundblaster corrected mold. My guess is Soundwave will only sell out after it is severely discounted, and as a result no reseller will ever order more "corrected" units. We are most likely stuck with that shitty blue version. This is BTS' fault for not having their mold in proper order the first time.

11. Protoman

News Credits:
    I totally agree, the blue Sonicron has a lot of issues, but atleast they are absent in the black one..... the problem (much like Mastermind Creations) is convincing the buyer to invest again after a first burn

12. darkunor

darkunor Banned

Cool review, cool toy, cool reviewer as well but I think I'll hold out for the new soundwave Mp being done by the guys that are doing ratchet and ironhide, that seems set to be the definitive soundwave of all time!!

13. sh002

sh002 Banned

i think music label and g1 soundwave look good with chug.

14. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    I have the first release and love it, so If this one has the problems fixed, I'd be willing to get it as well.

15. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ill be getting it because its black and i collect everything soundwave and soundblaster.

but this figure still has issues. when i did my first review it was the proto and was garbage. they sent me an official one, and yes joints were tighter and things seemed to fit better but it still had issues.

the really could have designed the whole tab folding gimmick at the waist and not have it sticking out like it does and the legs could have been better.

i still like the figure but if i am going to complain about anything, its the way they made the pegs. they are odd shapes and thin and can easily stress and break. they changed those to pegs that were rounded it would be better for multiple transformations.

also trying to get the peg out of one of the guns is a pain since you can not with a finger.

16. agelmore81

agelmore81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I wish bts would make there own cassettes and shrink the cassette chest on sonicron because it looks too big.

17. primenemesis

primenemesis Banned

Ebay:
    i dont understand how anyone could sit G1 soundwave on their shelf w/ the chuggers cause they are like ''cocaine and waffles" they dont mix

18. Protoman

News Credits:
    The logic for many stems from the fact that the TRU Reissue Soundwave of 2007-08 came in a Classics style box..... outside of that.... no major reason.

19. JavaJim

JavaJim Agilisticobot

Ebay:
    Great review. Just got my blue version Sonicon in but haven't opened the fella yet. Glad to see they addressed issues in the black version.

20. bmbloo

bmbloo Well-Known Member

I can be patient. Just waiting for them to release the blue one with the issued fixed. I'm one of those guys for whom a $10 drop in price could also seal the deal. I'll be pissed if they even THINK about raising the price just because they've fixed the issues.