BTS-03 Matrix of Leadership Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by Sol Fury, Sep 19, 2010.

1. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    The extra silver part goes over the tab on the bottom front of the trailer - the tab that launches roller.

It's used to attach the jetpack to the trailer in alt mode.

Not really. I guess you could mod the tab on the head (I assume all molds have that one at least) to be a little longer or bigger and hold it on with that alone. Doing the nail polish trick might work to make it hold tight.

That aside, you could just glue some tabs onto Prime, or even glue a tab into the jetpack slot and cut a slot into Prime to receive it.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  2. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    Just cut the tab off of the bottom of the jetpack. Just did it to mine. It fits just fine now.

3. megatronatlas

megatronatlas Well-Known Member

Mine arrived today and i like it, ok except for the hands

4. tomwolfpack75

tomwolfpack75 New Member

i just got this set! love it only weakness i experienced was the rubber hands, one rubber thumb came off they should make these in hard plastic, the open and close hands dont really open or close you have to bend the hand out and squeeze it back in still it is a great set. but the hands could be better!

5. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

The "adult collectible" stuff has nothing to do with not being a Hasbro/Takara product, by the way. Toys for children require extensive and expensive government mandated testing. "Adult collectibles" do not. It's a dodge of safety requirements, not copyright issues.

6. lemonherb

lemonherb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The original mold didn't have the slot.

Basically the slot was introduced on the G2 re-issue and all subsequent re-issues used that mold.

7. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

When my set arrives, I will be taking an exacto knife and perform surgery on my G1 OP. I will cut a slot for the jetpack's tab, were it needs to be. It will not be hard to do so, but it needs to be done with patience, slowly so no that there are no mishaps.

8. lemonherb

News Credits:
    Hmm, I think it would be easier to shave off the tab on the bottom of the jetpack. Aside from the risk of damaging your vintage prime, you might end up cutting yourself

9. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks to this thread I'm got this sitting in my Pile of Loot. Might be there for a bit...well November, when the epic stuff starts hitting.

10. lemonherb

News Credits:
    Just thought I'd post a few photos regarding the slot issue as well as some other back accessories over the years:

[​IMG]
    You'll notice that the upper left which is the Vintage G1 Optimus Prime does not have the slot in the back where the jetpack tabs into.

The remaining G2 reissue, Pepsi Convoy, Music Label Anime colors and re-issue Ultra Magnus has the slots in the back. Interesting that the slot gets bigger since the G2 version though

[​IMG]
    Here we have the Vintage Prime with a custom back pack (can't remember who made it anymore somehow the name Jangar pops in my head but I don't know for sure), G2 Prime has the soundbox/reefer unit with the missile launchers attached, then there's Music Label Convoy with the BTS 03 jetpack.

[​IMG]
    Here's a front shot: Vintage Prime with KCC Collectibles windsheild, matrix, fists, G2 Prime, and Music Label Convoy with some Reprolabels on the bumper and wrists

Attached Files:

11. Razorclaw

Shaving off the tab would be easier, but the jetpack wouldn't be secured then. It would keep falling off.

As for using the x-acto knife to cut a slot, I already did the same to my undersized KO Fort Max. People who have him, know that you can't transform him properly into city mode. It's because you can't fold up the ramp all the way, as the little head that serves as a tab for the bigger one gets in the way.
    I cut a slot for that little head in the ramp, and now he transforms fine.

Like I said, it needs to be done slowly and patiently. That way you won't risk messing up your figure, or hurting yourself.

12. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    It's one thing to cut a KO, another to cut a vintage figure... sacrilege!

Of course, you probably have the Mexican version (as I do), so it's not that big of a deal. ;) 

13. Razorclaw

Maybe to you, but I have no compunction about customizing my original figures. If there is a way of making it better, I will do it.

Plus, there isn't much you can do to screw up a figure, when cutting up some rather thin plastic. Unless you have butter fingers, and can't hold anything apart from a pen, even if your life depended on it.

Yes, it's a mexican OP. One that I spruced up. I painted his face to look proper, and his shins. I also extended his silver stripe all over his torso, as it should have been from the start. I only need to find a junker with an intact grill to finish the job.

14. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought that too, and drilled a hole for the little head to fit through in the ramp. Later I discovered the little head actually is removable.

15. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I've just had a thumb pop off.

16. joebot.

joebot. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) TFW2005 Supporter

Instagram:
    I ordered a couple sets. The right hand had left hand fingers on it so the fingers were upside down. Luckily, I opened another set and the left hand had the right hand fingers so I took out the pins and swapped them around so they were correct. I would have been pretty upset, but it ended up working ok.

Other than that I love this set.

17. jamspeed

jamspeed is so beast!

Ebay:
    Just got mine, it's a good little set. This is my first aftermarket purchase. The rubber hands are a bit of a bitch to open but work well for the intended use of holding the Matrix - which is a nice piece. The box they made looks great, was really impressed with it and it will look great on a shelf with an Optimus Prime collection. I kinda wish they had put some of the effort from the packaging towards the hands and a little better finishing of the molds, but this is a great set for 20$

18. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives TFW2005 Supporter

BBTS exclusive BTS-03 Matrix of Leadership upgrade kit.

Received this today from BBTS along with Generations Red Alert:thumbs2:  (this is my first big review, so sorry if its rough)

the Box looks very nice, the Matrix and the gold rays emanating from the center are done in a slight relief so you can feel them in the box. The back has pictures of the enclosed items in front of a g1esque grid pattern which extends all around the package.

The pieces all come in your standard 2 part plastic insert with the BBTS extra rifle in a small silver bag taped to the inside of the bottom half.

Included are, of course, The Matrix, Sideswipe's rocket pack (which sadly has not yet been found to fit any Sideswipes), two new fists, the insert for primes chest for the Matrix, an energon axe, and a silver tab extension(which I will explain later) and with this version 2 Ion Rifles, one black and one clearish blue.

The Matrix is has some very nice details on it for its size it does however ship open, and is VERY tight to get closed so work it carefully.. only open if you actually have Unicron standing in front of you about to eat your planet:lol  the center is molded in the same transparent blue as the extra rifle the main chamber is done in a nice gold tint. the handles even have the 4 finger holes molded in there for looks.

The rocket pack has a storage space in the back you can put the old fists or the energon axe and such. It also has two slots on the top which fit the induced rifles and classics Prime's weapons. The pack can be tabbed into the back of the many many G1 Primes issued through the years (although there are some that say it will not fit the 84 prime due to a design difference in the reissues, but I am not digging out my 84 to try it:lol ), it can also peg into roller, through a connection illustrated in an included picture it connects to the trailer in a vaguely G2 manner. Through the peg it also plugs into the back of Classics prime, (you need to insert the silver tab into the bottom front of the pack for added stability however.) which when you include both sets of weapons and the axe he turns into quite the walking death machine!:ev: 

The first are a source of some problems I did not receive the reported two right hands and both of mine are the same color, so they have fixed those issues at least. My right hand opens nicely, but I had trouble with the left so I didn't force it. They fit in the arms on a ball so with a little tweaking you get a lot of added articulation to the wrists. When they both actually open you can use them to hold the matrix open in front of him.

The insert that goes into primes chest that cradles the matrix is very nice, it has its own details etched in the front and fits well into the "seats" in the cab. mine is a little finicky when you close the chest, but eventually works it way closed. the closed matrix clips on the inside of the clips quite snugly!

The included weapons are very well done, the Axe has nice sculpted in ripple details in the blades and spikes molded into the ball above the handle. The color is a bit wonky, but not even close to enough to make it bad. The Rifle(s) are a great sculpt that finally have the handle peg where it belongs:lol . The extra blue one is a great chance for a good painter/modder to paint it black, leaving some spots open along the body for light to pour out from perhaps a LED inserted into the back of the handle:wink: 

The included rifles also, of, course peg into roller, although I hesitate to use the backpack on roller as it is bigger than him and looks.. odd.

If you have interest in upgrading your Primes, then by all means pick this puppy up, its a good deal at current prices and since it can be used well with classics Prime you basically get double the value!

I give this product 4.5 of 5 deceptitrashing ion rifles.

Attached Files:

19. Chaddicus

Chaddicus Don't call me Shirley

Yeah, I have no luck on opening my new hands. They seem to be stuck closed and I'm not going to try and pry them open. Might brake a thumb off like I did with the first set i have, which is up for trade in my sales thread :) 

20. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives TFW2005 Supporter

Oh I forgot to mention when you push that silver extender on the little tab that goes out the front of the trailer, be careful, its a Very tight fit. (from picture 4)

Son of a circuit:mad  I ran an advanced search for "BTS" before I started a new thread:redface2: 
    did seem odd I couldn't find one at the time:lol