BTA Alert rear windshield panels

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Duximus Prime, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Duximus Prime

Duximus Prime Chronomancer

Ebay:
    Just got a MISB BTA Alert in the mail recently. I've been having a lot of trouble getting everything to line up flush in his alt. mode, mainly due to the two rear windshield panels not going all the way back and blocking the roof and the rear doors. Looking into how they are attached to the legs, it seems as if one side on each panel is dislodged from its "spindle/axle", but there's no way to get down very far due to the surrounding trunk area.

Has anyone else had similar issues with any luck on getting good alignment?

2. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    I have lots of problems transforming him. Beautiful car, but I think the mold saw too much wear and doesn't fit together quite right any more.

Randy

3. Vagabond Elf

Vagabond Elf Well-Known Member

[Assuming BTA means Binaltech Asterix:]

I don't have Alert, but I've got 'Streak and Ricochet, and they're the same mold. If you don't have the legs in just the right place the windows won't line up properly.

I think of them as needing to look like the back seats; fold them into that shape, more-or-less, and things start to fit.

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Yep, this would be the case. BT* Alert suffers from being produced from a worn mold, as Randy said.