BT* Sunstreaker Review

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Zzeezz, Oct 13, 2005.

1. Zzeezz

Zzeezz Ambassador of Music TFW2005 Supporter

I just got this figure in the mail the other day. Here's my two cents:

If you have either Sideswipe or Dead End, you know the basics of this figure. I'm not going into detail on the articulation, its the same as the two previous releases.

I only have Sideswipe so if these defects are on Dead end, I don't know. The chest area doesn't hold together as well on Sunstreaker as it does on Sideswipe. Also, in car mode, I can't make the doors attatch perfectly to either the front or back of the car. I can't get the hood to fit exactly either. I don't know if this is the same for all or just mine, but I'll be keeping him in robot mode for sure.
    The paint aps are good, the yellow and the black actually look intimidating to me, just like Sunny should. I think that the paint shades on the metal and plastic blend better than they do on yello BT Tracks.

In terms of homage to G1, I think that Sunstreaker works better than Sideswipe in terms of transformation scheme and robot mode. Other than the defects I mentioned, I really prefer Sunstreaker to Sideswipe.

I don't have much to say about Junko honestly, I could have done without her. I feel that the figure is very flimsy and falls apart too easily, especially trying to get her to sit in the drivers seat. The space is really a tight fit too.

2. prime2007

prime2007 New Member

I recently got this figure as well. I think it is awesome. I perfered this to the alternators because I didn't want the black stripes. I like the look in robot mode better. I have heard some say that they don't like the color of the BT, but I think it looks great. Also the I feel the paint application is better than Sideswipes. The paint feels like it has a glossy coat that makes it more resistant to scratching than Sideswipes.

3. Depthcharge

Depthcharge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I had quite a few Quality Control issues with my two BT* figs. Sunstreaker was pretty good though fitting the doors together with the backpack/rear car shell took some effort (the pegs don't fit quite right like they do on the other Vipers) and the rear of the doors don't line up right so there's a small gap between them and the car trunk. The hood works fine, limbs were a little floppy too. Alert has lots of similar problems with car parts not fitting together right and also some molding errors on his gun make it not fit together right.

4. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mine came yesterday and I've gotta say that the QC issues are all over the place.

Managed to fit him together nicely in car mode BUT one of the front grill sections has 4 obvious silver chips on it. Elsewhere the paint on the black in robot mode and the painting of the head seems a little poor and, as some have mentioned, the yellow plastic parts don't quite match the yellow metal parts.

I can forgive everything but the chipping if I'm honest which makes the car mode look like it's been around the block a few times (mint it isn't). Thank god I keep my BTs in robot mode for the most part - though on the times when I like to have them all showing off their alt modes, Sunstreaker is going to look like the oldest BT I have despite being the newest.

Damn and blast! I hope like hell Takara/Tomy sort out these quality control issues before Skids comes along...

Steve.

5. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    FWIW: My Sunstreaker has zero alignment problems.... paint is fine too.

6. WRX-78

WRX-78 Well-Known Member

Ditto on the poor QC on my Alert and Streaker.

7. prime2007

prime2007 New Member

mine didn't have any QC issues at all. I must say that I do not like the new box of the BTA. I like the original BT box much better.

8. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

BT* gets a mixed review from me. I like the bot mode, but the car mode has some alignment problems and looks a bit plain. The one I got also has a loose left ankle. The metal and plastic are slightly different shades of yellow which makes it look bad.

Also the trunk/rear section is made of plastics whereas the BT Dead End I had was mad of metal. I also didn't bother messing with the Junko figure.