BT Grimlcok / ALT Wheeljack Problem!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SteelMan296, Jun 15, 2008.

1. SteelMan296

SteelMan296 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    hey guys... i've had BT grim and ALT Wjack for some time now and everytime i try to transform them to robot mode and back again i can't do it without the bloody doors coming off, has anyone else had or have this problem? i've followed the instructions to a T and they just keep popping off, any ideas?

-Cheers.

2. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, that's fairly common, unfortunately. Mine do the same thing. You just have to transform Alts really gingerly, and in the right sequence, to avoid parts popping off. I'd tell you the sequence... but, well, I have never bothered to figure it out. :p  Probably why my doors still pop off sometimes.

The good thing is that they're sort of made to pop off, rather than break, when stress is applied to them.

Similar issues I've had on other Alts include the arms on the Subaru and Mazda molds, and the hood on the Mazda mold, popping off as well.

3. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Never had the problem with Grimlock, but it's a consistent problem with Wheeljack (both Alt versions). It's actually one of the many reasons why I kind of hate Alt Wheeljack.

4. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i just pop my off during transformation, and pop em back in

5. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    In the BT Guide, they actually show the guy take the doors off, and then put them back on....so the way you're doing it is o.k. as long as you aren't harsh with it.

6. SteelMan296

SteelMan296 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    god no, lol i don't even let my nephews near any of them xD just the good ol' line of "see with your eyes not with your hands!" lol, i was just wondering cause it's a pain, cause i did BT Grim once without the doors popping off, but never been able to do it again /sulk, not to mention especially when i tf'd them for the first time, god was i devastated ^^;

-Cheers for the replies.

7. Angel Magnus

Angel Magnus Well-Known Member

Depends on how much effort you want to put into it. If it's the principle of the thing and you're determined that "doors shall not pop off", there's some things you can do.

To start the top half of the robot, you pull the arm assembly down from the hood of the car. Make sure it comes down to 90 degrees or so, well away from the engine compartment.

As you unclip and unfold the shoulders from what will become the chest brace (the black bar the shoulders lock into in vehicle mode), don't just unfold them out the full 180 degress (via the double-hinges) in one step, because the doors will meet the brace and pop off.

Instead, only unfold them about 90 degrees; you'll feel one of the click points of the hinges. Then, use the rotating shoulder joint (where the Autobot symbol is) to rotate the shoulder outward, away from the car (this causes the forearm to rotate under, toward the car). This can give you better clearance for the doors. You can then flip the doors down into the correct position on top of the shoulders, and then continue fully unfolding the shoulders the remaining 90 degrees.

Also, don't forget that there's a double-hinge around the gearshift/parking brake. You can use this to help lift the front of the car away from the arm/door assembly.

>AM<