BT/Alt collectors - will you collect Alternity?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by zzyss, Nov 27, 2008.

1. zzyss

zzyss Well-Known Member

Just wondering how many of you BT/Alt collectors out there are going to collect Alternity?

From the translations of the last few Binaltechs, it seems as if the series is intended as a continuation of the BT line, but with a reduced size. After all, the general "spirit" of BT is there, and they're still using licensed vehicles.

However, I can't shake the feeling that the new line is just a cash grab from the fans, because of the smaller scale but not at a much lower price point, two colours available immediately on release, and the choice of the two lead characters (Convoy and Megs).

Also, will the line have legs? BT effectively after 22 models, and Alts with a couple more molds that didn't make the BT line. How many will Alternity make before they run out of puff? How many ways can they make a transforming car before they run out of ideas? I'd really love to see Alternity branching out into other types of vehicles, but then again, if they were going to do that, they wasted the opportunity by making Convoy and Megatron cars.

2. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I won't bc:

1. I'm trying to cut down on TFs that I buy (right now it's just Encore/reissues and the MP line).

2. IMHO, not a fan of Ops not being a truck and Megs not being a gun.

3. The smaller size doesn't appeal to me.

3. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    I personally think this new series looks ridiculous, so no, I won't be collecting it. Nothing about Prime & Megatron being sports cars interests me in the least.

4. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I prordered the Convoys, don't know yet about the Megatrons. I don't feel as good about this line as I did the Alt/BTs.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2008
  5. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No. Much like Binaltech before it (I collected Alts only), the Alternity line is too expensive to justify a purchase, especially with far better stuff in Animated/Universe/RotF.

6. Buzzer-Bot

Buzzer-Bot Kamikaze

I won't pay 100 f**king bucks for a Alternity figure that's smaller than a voyager.Is that worth it?

7. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    Yeah, I've got no real interest in Alternity. Alternators/Binaltech wasn't really about the licensed vehicles for me, it was the detailed, poseable versions of G1 characters that I liked. It was an update to the original Diaclone Autobots.

Unfortunately, the whole licensing aspect is ultimately what limited it. If you couldn't get licensing for a suitable vehicle for a character (Namely, Bumblebee), you couldn't make that character. And it made it difficult to make Decepticons.

They were terrific, and they look great with Masterpiece Optimus... but really, the whole spirit that made them appeal to me is carried on much better in the non-licensed Classics/Classics 2.0 line.

8. unmc2001

unmc2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They are a pass for me. If they were to release some of the minibots in the alternity line I may pick them up to display with my Masterpiece/Alts. I use classics Bumblebee & Cliffjumper at them moment but I need Brawn, Gears, Beachcomber, Windcharger, Huffer ect....

9. Coolhand

Coolhand Spiff's Stunt Double

I'm not sure. I actually doubt it, to be honest.

I think the actual GTR Prime looks great in both modes, looks very well engineered and I love the silver paint job. But it's WAAAAYYY too small to be priced the way it is. I mean, the fuss over MP-Grim is NOTHING compared to the overpriced idiocy of this product. I'd have preferred they use the GTR and FairladyZ licence to make two final Alts/BT and then end the line that way.
    If it had been 1:24 scale, or if had been priced sensibly, I'd have been all over it. As it stands, I'll pass.

(Disclaimer: I may end up buying at some point, but it's WAY down the line and only if I have spare cash scattered around in heaps.)

10. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Nope. Too small for the price and I'm really over Alt/BT's. I put them all in storage for the 1st time ever since 2003. Plus I think these new figures are ugly and too simple. The movie deluxes look just as good IMO.

11. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    I dont consider myself a BT/Alt collector since i only got 2 but yes, i will buy the Alternity Convoy if i can afford it and if there will be at least one available at local stores. I dont want shipping, that will just raise the cost.
    As for the size, i dont mind at all. the mold itself is gorgeous.

12. Cascadia

Cascadia Ion Storm

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The figures need to go on clearance before I get them or I will see what they come up with down the road that appeals to me. Right now, I am still on the fence with this line.

13. Code

Code Banned

Ebay:
    will wait for big sales

14. JCMGTX

JCMGTX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow they are smaller then voyagers? Are they smaller the BT's?

15. BigRC83

BigRC83 I'm singing in the rain

News Credits:
    Based on Convoy - no, I will not collect Alternity. Maybe if they release more nicer molds I will.

16. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    im gonna try and get Optimus but only cause the Skyline is my favorite car if it wasnt for that then no I wouldnt be getting any of them

and maybe Drift if he gets released in Alternity cause after all he is modeled after a Nissan Silvia S15 so itd be only logical to put him there after all both Megs and OP are Nissans too but hopefully he doesnt cause of the price

17. GenZhao

GenZhao Banned

News Credits:
    unless one turns in to a cat like jaguar alt ravage, no

18. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot

Still on the fence. I would like to get Convoy and Megs. so I guess we will see.

19. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nope. I would if it was a full 1/32 scale line that included a 1/32 scaled Prime truck and 1/32 Autobot cars but at the moment it looks like a novelty Prime/Megs line just like the Nike trainers.

Pass.

20. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Nope.