BT-19, 20, 21 & 22 on Display @ Shizuoka Hobby Show

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Type-R, May 16, 2008.

1. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    It's good enough! Thanks :thumb  If the silhouette is accurate, it looks as if we may get an Acura next. :) 

Well, the mold was designed for Red Alert to begin with. [See my custom BT Red Alert for details]

2. Angel Magnus

Angel Magnus Well-Known Member

It seems to be leaning that way. So far only the no-name character (Decepticharge) has been turned into a different character. Meister, Streak and Convoy are all just different decos for the same character, albeit with a diecast upgrade for Convoy. I wonder if the Acura (or Honda, since it's the Japanese version) might simply be Prowl in a new deco. They haven't been remolding anything and his head, intact and unmodified, is pretty unique. Just ask Camshaft.

Found some extra pics of Arcee:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/20094526@N06/2501617304/
    [​IMG]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/20094526@N06/2500788087/
    [​IMG]

[How about an actual Chinese police deco BT Prowl?]

3. Cungitron

Cungitron Destroyer of Worlds

News Credits:
    On closer inspection i think its the Integra/RSX however i dont think it will be Red Alert. Firstly there is no light bar on the roof of that silhouette and secondly He's already been done in BTA

I also dont think it will be Prowl as we've had two Prowls already. If its not a new character it may be BT Camshaft though i'd rather a new character. Personally i'd like a BT Nightbeat (Wishful thinking)

4. Type-R

Type-R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think Keldroc might be right. It does match up with the GTR quite well.
    [​IMG]
    It would be quite anticlimactic if they revealed the next figure to be an Integra (aka RSX in the US) since they've already released it in a street and police deco for Prowl in Japan. Why bother shrouding the image? If it isn't a new mold then it'll most likely be the US Civic Si. At least that one hasn't had a Japanese release yet so it makes some sense to show a shadowed pic.

5. JOHNDILLINGA

JOHNDILLINGA This Space For Rent!

News Credits:
    Most likely it's gonna be a Decepticon character... if it's the RSX Maybe another Stunticon... Brakedown anyone?

6. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I'm just gonna keep in mind too that TakaraTomy isn't conformed to having to make a toy that even fits that image.

7. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    dunno about BD, but he sure makes a gorgeous Wildrider.

8. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    definately gonna get those!

9. SideSwipe82

SideSwipe82 Well-Known Member

wow.. so many of you agreed with me with the acura RSX(honda integra). I hope i'm right. :)  BT series only used the RSX mold once, so that mold could be our very next BT car. Could also be a Camshaft Diecast? clampdown? deepcover?

10. zzyss

zzyss Well-Known Member

Agree... I'm sure some marketing guy said "just get me a car silhouette" and they picked one at random. Heck, it might not even be the silhouette of a real car!

Anyway... regarding Arcee, wasn't the S2000 mold originally supposed to be Blackarachnia? Then it sorta makes sense that the Decepticharge head is not remolded for Arcee. The helmet head does look like it was supposed to be "long hair". I think most of us have just gotten it into our psyche that the S2000 mold is "male" because of Overdrive/Windcharger.

11. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    The Decepticharge head was originally designed and sculpted for Binal Tech Windcharger, which was to be a second Mustang. Instead, the mold was used for Wheeljack. The head was then used for Decepticharge. Takara was planning on making a "Black Widow" with the Decepticharge version of the S2000, but it never got made.

12. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    No blackarachnia was just another repaint. The original plan for that head was windcharger. The head was originally planned for the mustang mold. It's in the BTA design book along with designs for VW Cliffjumper and BB figures I wish we would have gotten. The windcharger/overdrive mold was always meant to be male.

13. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Blackarachnia_%28BW%29#Binaltech_continuity_.28unused.29

http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Blackarachnia_%28BW%29#Unreleased

14. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Yes I know the blackarachnia repaint figure was planned (decepticarge had already been released in the states) but the mold was never specifically designed to be female. Overdrive/Windcharger cameout long before the BA figure was planned. That mold was the most androginous which is why they chose it. It didn't look like a girl then either. Most kitbashers were planning on repainting it into another stunticon or Blitzwing. The head of the figure was originally designed to be windcharger a male character.

15. JOHNDILLINGA

JOHNDILLINGA This Space For Rent!

News Credits:
    I kind of hope not I like my coverted Alt Deadend as Wildrider and Plowking's former Deadend.... well as Deadend :p 

[​IMG]

16. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Well, Takara never originally intended for the BT line to make it past the first six. Once they did, they started trying different things.

Yeah, you're right the mold was designed with Overdrive in mind. However, they had played around with the Decepticharge variation of the mold with "Black Widow" in mind. For whatever reason, Takara and TakaraTomy always used the Decepticharge for the "femine" ideas, when (like you said) it was never designed with that intent in mind. :lol 

17. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    well, I would agree, as I have pk's Revlimiter special Wildrider from the RSX mold hehehe

18. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl Member

My dream is to have a Mitsu EVO X binaltech :drool:  with the reborn of the series, everything can happen :rock 

19. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    The series has to be "reborn" first. :wink: