Bruticus Theories

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Alphearion, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Alphearion

Alphearion Doctor Spaceman

So I was thinking about Bruticus, the variability of the colors, and other issues people are having with it. I am trying my hardest to be optimistic so hasbro can maybe make MORE combiners, so here are my theories:

Colors:
    We have seen G1 and Rainbow barf color schemes for Bruticus. I am ALMOST positive that the G2 color barf is a variant color scheme. One theory might be that the G1 color scheme comes in different boxes, each bots sold separately, but the G2 rainbow thing is a box set that comes with all of them for a slightly smaller price. Or maybe the other way around. Who knows.

Why is Bruticus' back hollow?
    There will be some sort of cannon to go onto the back. It may be the reason that the back of Onslaught's vehicle mode is so blank. That might be for a cannon that goes on Bruticus' back.

So, yeah! My theories are probably wrong, but it's good to be optimistic.

2. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

The cannon that goes on the back? The toy is holding it the whole time.

3. Alphearion

Oh. Look at that. Why did they pose it like that?

4. Leather Elbows

Leather Elbows Dooper

News Credits:
    ''So Hasbro can make MORE combiners''. Why? Combiners are always fragile, have bad proportions and terrible articulation

5. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    So what are the chances that FansProject will create an add-on to make a ho-hum FOC Bruticus as badass as their Crossfire Colossus (made from a subpar Energon/ROTF Bruticus Maximus set)? XD

6. Alphearion

Right here I could say "because I like combiners! and... MY CHILDHOOD" but I won't. What I will say is that I love the engineering that is put into them, they are characters that CAN (not will) have such amazing stories behind them, and there is so much that can (not will) be done with them that it is worth it just to see.

7. Squints

Squints Well-Known Member

Because if they don't make more combiners, they'll never develop the engineering to make them less fragile, better-proportioned, and better-articulated, for the sake of those of us who will go out and buy them.

8. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    My understanding of this combiner is that it is self-contained, i.e., no add-on parts necessary to make Bruticus (unlike, say, FP Bruticus which requires armor add-ons for hands, feet, etc). So with these "combiner" parts being effectively hidden inside the limbs/torso components, it makes sense that they will sort of "fold out" if you will and leave the body somewhat hollow in places. I would say this is particularly true of Onslaught as the torso, since he has the most "work" to do by connecting to 4 other limbs as well as having a separate head for combined mode.

9. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I'm guessing Hasbro showed us both color schemes to gauge interest. Personally, I think the new colored Onslaught looks better, and he will be more game accurate as an individual. However, the old one looks more game accurate when combined, so I don't know. Maybe paint what appears on the front of Bruticus black and gray, and everything else with the new bluish color.

I like both color schemes for their own reasons. The second is more lively and interesting to look at, but the first is more game accurate.

What I want them to change to make it perfect:
    Onslaught: New version. Paint the spikes on the Bruticus shoulders silver, on the side that faces forward. Mostly everything else is pretty perfect.
    Brawl: Old version. Pretty good, but he should be more of an Animated Bulkhead color. Paint aps are fine.
    Swindle: New version. Close to perfect, but the yellow shade should be a little darker, but not the beige the first version was.
    Blastoff: The bronze plastic should be changed to a darker brown.
    Vortex: The new images of Vortex show him as a beige/ gold color when attached to Bruticus. Hardly any red like the first has. Vortex needs the most changes of all of them to be game accurate.