Bruticus retail and SDCC combo questions

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Krommdor, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Krommdor

Krommdor The Penance Stare

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am wondering if anyone here happens to have the Con Exclusive as well as the retail version.

I am curious about crossing some of them around. In particular I would like to see what the retail Onslaught looks like with the Con Exclusive. I kind of get the feeling that even though the retail colors are closer to the game and even G1, it might be too bright to work with the con exclusive.

If there are pictures like this already I would appreciate being directed to them, and also apologize for probably posting something that has been asked before.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
  2. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    The retail Onslaught is more screen accurate for Onslaught, but the SDCC Bruticus is more screen accurate for Bruticus.
    WFC/FOC Homages Barricade from Energon in color. This works out well for retail, because retail Bruticus as a whole is homaging Energon Bruticus. In robot and vehicle mode, both FOC and retail Onslaught have Barricade's color scheme.
    SDCC Bruticus' Onslaught is colored to be the right colour for Bruticus' chestplate and head. Therefore, in combined mode, SDCC Onsalught presens FOC Bruticus best.
    So basically retail = screen accurate Onslaught
    SDCC= screen accurate Bruticus
    Swindle is interchangeable for accuracy. Retail represents all the artwork best, but SDCC represents the on screen Swindle better, so it's preference.

I think there are some pics in the Review thread for Retail Bruticus. If not, I'll see what I can do.

3. Krommdor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I was looking around and I am not sure I found the thread you were mentioning, but I still can't find pictures.

I did fine one where someone photoshopped the retail Vortex to be Grey, and it looked pretty neat. I have a feeling the G2 vortex would be a much better fit for the other 4 retail figures as Bruticus too.

But I am pretty sure I want to cancel my pre-order for the G2 set. I ran accross older pictures of the set on display at comic con, and it didn't look so hot to me. Mostly the way the purple camo spots were hazy around the borders.

4. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  5. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

6. Krommdor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There is a nice picture in there using the retail and SDCC versions of Brawl and Swindle as limbs with the Retail Onslaught. It gives a pretty good impression of what it might look like. I think I will prefer the retail Onslaught for my SDCC Bruticus when it arrives. A month late "birthday present" to myself haha.

Also I gotta say the Retail versions have grown on me in all the pictures except for Vortex. The Red is just terrible looking to me. Maybe it will look better in person?

p.s. thanks for directing me to that thread. I just missed it when I did searches earlier I guess.