Bruticus question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Rexidus, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    I can't afford to spend $250 to get Bruticus Maximus right now.

Do people think he will be difficult to get in 6 months? (Meaning the core set and the FP figures.)

2. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

if anyone has noticed,right now on ebay,the sales auctions are ending very high. due to the christmas buying season.

it's a safe bet to predict that in january the ebay sales & auctions should drop to low ending auction prices. as christmas season will be over.

3. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He is only going to be more difficult to obtain if you are looking for MISB.

I imagine in a few months you will see some loose ones popping up here and there once the hype dies down and people want to buy the next awesome thing.

4. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    I would pick up the FP sets (per order on BBTS for about $50 each) now and wait till they sell out and the price of the core will start to decline on ebay. After the first release of the Magnus armor was sold out prices really started to decline for the white prime on ebay. Hell, I may try to find a way to order another set of the FP add-ons.

5. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    I think you'll be safe from paying high $$$ when FP's Protector or Shadow Scyther Upgrade kit hits.

With the fandom closing in frantically on those Rodimuses, SG Rodimuses & Wildriders, I'll be real surprised if anyone still remembers Bruticus by then. :lol 

6. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Thanks for the opinions guys. What about the base Bruticus set? Do you guys think it will be harder to find in 6 months? I have noticed the price of it on ebay has gone up $20. I'm concerned it will be the hardest part to find.

7. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

A cheaper option might be to look for the Energon figures individually. While, IMHO, the Universe/ROTF set looks better, Energon Kickback is still green, and can substitute well for Brawl (Blight isn't awful either, but he's pretty bright... at least he's compatible, though!). Energon Blackout is purple and gray, and could stand in for Vortex just fine. Energon Barricade is blue and gray, so he actually matches G1 Onslaught better, but the recolor from the set seems to mesh better with the FP addon set. Still, some people actually prefer him.

Also, buying Energon Kickback, Blackout and Barricade individually won't leave you with two "extra" figures. I don't know how much cheaper that road would be, however, if at all.

8. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    I would agree with Renidragon, that getting the individual members would be a better option. :D 

Prices for the TFU/ROTF giftset had been :crazy:  as of late. :rip 

9. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    I've considered that option but prefer the way the Revenge set looks. Plus having two extra figures isn't too bad. I would likely repaint them.

10. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    magnus hasn't gone down much in cost, get the fp sets now before they skyrocket, and try to find the rotf set for cheap somewhere,

11. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    The Magnus is high right now, but between runs of the armor it saw a big decline in price once the armor set dried up after the first run. But contrary to my first post, Bruticus may not dip as much as there is likely a much larger run of them when compared to the original City Commander. Probably worth saving/hoping for some christmas cash from santa and picking it up.

12. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

This.

13. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    So it seems you guys are saying I should buy this sooner than later...

My empty wallet hates you but my inner child is going WWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

14. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

Yes. Buy it now. It simply won't be available later. And if it is, you can be sure it'll be at a hefty price.

15. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Blarg... Now I have to find a bunch of money...

16. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't see the price going down, but I see the FP guys getting much harder to find than Bruticus in the future.

17. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Ow, my credit card hurts now... But once Big Bad Toy Store gets them in stock I'll get the appendages and I've now got Bruticus on the way.

And now, like I always do, I regret spending a lot of money on myself. But that will change once I get these figures in hand.

18. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

Just a few months ago, I was able to get my ROTF Bruticus for around $50 shipped. You shouldn't have to pay into the hundreds for a set. And I say this in spite of the current demand.

How much did you pay for Bruticus if you don't mind my asking?

19. anotheran

anotheran Old skooler

Buy sooner than later. Prices only go up for these things like UM, Rodimus. aerialbot appendages

20. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Swindle and Blast Off are $50 preorders each at Big Bad Toy Store. Just under $10 for shipping when they come in. On Ebay I chose to buy a boxed Bruticus for $140 from a high rated seller who seemed to be quite legit and it had free shipping.

Total cost $250 as I expected.

Ow, my credit card hurts. And my Autobots are now outnumbered by almost 2 to 1. Oh and Bruticus itself would have been enough of a challenge for them.