Bruticus mold damage truth or fiction

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Blitzwing256, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Blitzwing256

Blitzwing256 Triple changer

I've bought all the "rid" versions of bruticus/ruionation, and i'm kinda lost whenever I hear people crying about the mold being damaged or "worn out". what exactly are people basing this on? I know due to saftey issues they had to round out blast off's nose and shorten onslaughts gun a bit, but overall I don't see much wrong with em, anyone care to enlighten me?

(i Have the japanese vaulldigus, the us ruination, the artic camo and the desert camo releases and I don't see much wrong with em at all?)

2. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the encore one is the one they are complaining the most about it seems, there was a thread on it

3. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    The mold appears to be suffering from obvious degrading issues. Most likely due to the inordinate amount of repaints it received between Car Robots and Universe 1.0.

4. Blitzwing256

such as? i

5. Yamaotto

Yamaotto Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    photos tell the truth

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Nemesis_Dirge

Nemesis_Dirge Banned

News Credits:
    folks are reporting that onslaught's arms do not click together securely in vehicle mode plus other problems with joints and seems not lining up correctly...

EDIT: SEE ABOVE PHOTOS FOR EXACTLY WHAT I WAS SAYING!

7. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    Is there any serious impact on the combined mode? I'm planning on getting him next week.

8. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    the above examples also exist on artic camo ruination and desert camo ruination. whether you realize it or not. my own artic camo ruination and seibertron.com's galleries show all the same mold degredation in those photos, although in some cases it' s not quite as bad.

9. Blitzwing256

wow that onslaught looks pretty bad.. I have bootlegs that look better, and they are all like that ? not just one or two of em?

I'm going to dig out my desert camo one and look more carefully, thanks for the photos.

10. Duximus Prime

Duximus Prime Chronomancer

Ebay:
    While I don't doubt the truth of the mold degradation on Bruticus, I think that it's worse on some than it is on others, and that a lot of the photos floating around fall into the "worse" category. I received mine, and while certainly its details were not as crisp as, say, a vintage G1 one, it was not incredibly garish. I have a fairly discerning eye when it comes to imperfections and Bruticus was tolerable. In fact, his joints fit together more tightly than my TFCC Seacons (though that may not be saying much...).

11. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yup, thats confirmed.

the photos of the bottom of bruticus knees with the really bad looking parts might even be slightly worse on the bruticus, afterall a mould will degrade with further use, it is of course not going to improve, well not without any input.

if i didnt own urban camo version i'd have bought bruticus, as it stands though hes a simple repaint of my extact toy (ignoring the vehicle launcher on onslaught) so im less inclined to do so.

12. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    that's not how mold degradation works.

the mold degraded. everything that comes out of the mold looks the same. thats what molds do. every bruticus is going to look roughly the same, as the mold went to hell long ago, and didnt just start with this manufacturing run. there will be slight degrees of variation across an entire run of these figures (with the last ones made being the worst, but only slightly), but for the most part, they're all gonna look the same.

so yes, your bruticus looks like that. the larger photos and lighting make it easier to see the problems than you can casually looking at the figure on your own.

13. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Where's child safety laws on this?
    those rough edges on Onslaught look like they could draw blood if rubbed the wrong way.
    can't have spring loaded missiles, but can sure have sandpaper-like or sharp edged figures, lol.

14. Nemesis_Dirge

Nemesis_Dirge Banned

News Credits:
    i want to get the encore bruticus but not at the near $100 price with shipping factored in....will be waiting for this set to go on clearance like skylynx and omega supreme eventually did...figure they will drop him to around $60ish when he hits clearance...

15. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Its really not so bad..... we have already discussed this topic to death in other threads...

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/254248-encore-16-bruticus-cheap-plastic-terrible-quality.html

here is all you need to know

16. Duximus Prime

Ebay:
    No need to get snarky or so matter-of-fact, sir. :) 

If you notice, I wasn't saying that mold degradation hasn't occurred as some others have claimed, and agree with you. I was simply implying that, as you have said, there are minor variations in the process of injecting the molds with plastic and that mine didn't seem quite as jagged as the pictures (after all, aren't excess pieces of plastic cut off after the molding process?). Merely stating my opinion that mine don't appear to look as bad as some photos lead us to believe.

17. Nemesis_Dirge

Nemesis_Dirge Banned

News Credits:
    fucked is fucked...majorly fucked up or not is still fucked...bottom line is this mold is no where near the condition it was in when originally used...they should have cleaned up the mold before doing encore with the prices they are charging for encore bruticus...

18. Duximus Prime

Ebay:
    No argument from me there.

19. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    I'm still going to go for it. I wants me a Bruticus!

20. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    This person is lying to themselves.