Bruticus Maximus toy pics leaked

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Detour, Oct 17, 2008.

1. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Yeah, I wish they would come out with new molds, I view these re-paints as an easy, lazy move. They really missed an opportunity with Devastator, IMO.

I passed these up before, I'll pass them up again.

Only problem here is that these aren't new designs- they're re-paints. So really, they didn't want to re-release an existing toy because- in this case- they wanted to re-release a different existing toy under the same name. hardly a "new version of the character" like the designer stated.

I would have loved a new mold and new design.

Again: pass.

2. Rollcage

Rollcage Dance Commander

With any luck the holes for the energon hands will fit my old G1 Bruticus hands. Anyne kow if he's really posable? It looks like he doesn't have elbows...

3. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Ignore this post.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2008
  4. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

On the helicopters, the hands should fit. On the tanks, no.
    And if you mistransform the helicopters as arms, you can use a single leg as a forearm (since the hand will plug into one foot anyway) and the hip as the elbow.

5. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    looks good i will get him'

6. jasonw

jasonw Well-Known Member

The mold has been, but Bruticus hasn't. We've had the RID dudes, and that Walmart set that look like someone had squigled over them with a magic marker (not even God knows what that was about

Sorry, that's right, they've drudged up the classics line. Well woopdee-f--king-do. Have you seen Galvatron?

Can't complain though, it's saving me a fortune not buying Hasblo toys now in addition to Takara stuff.

If they think they're getting my money with this joke of a toy. They're wrong.

7. mecha

mecha Banned

those other ones had a mis match of plastic parts colors on the ebay pictures...otherwise i would bet the paint apps with the W and the $ will be the same...

8. shumworld

shumworld Well-Known Member

I still have my E Bruticus Maximus, I see no point in owning him again. Especially the fact that I'd be owning the limbs FOUR TIMES if I were to buy this set.

9. Zaraxion1021

Zaraxion1021 Cybertronian Monarch

Bleh!:puke:  Another repaint. I cant see his fae clearly though. Ill just w8 for the high resolution pics to come out.

10. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

While I wish Hasbro would just give us a new Superion and Bruticus, the plus to this is that it'll give fans the chance to own these molds in case they happened to miss out on Superlink/Energon 4 years ago. Not to mention this set may be cheaper than landing Takara's version or having to piecemeal it through eBay.

11. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    repaints FTL.

12. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Actually it's from the front, it's just from such a ridiculously low angle that the large chest completely blots out the face.

Nice split-second judgement, there. It couldn't possibly because of the camera light being DIRECTLY focused on one of the translucent bits, thereby making it brighter, could it? (Hint-- look at how much glowier it is!)

13. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Galvatron isn't part of the 25th anniversary, and all 2009 classics are looking like gods compared to the 2008 line.

14. mecha

mecha Banned

DUDE..that is differently colors...fuck glowier...they are lighter and darker different shades of different colors...one is orange tinted and the other is a darker reddish color...this has nothing to do with brightness of flash, those are different colored pieces of plastic limbs...look at the feet and the hands...totally easily viewable different colors,

15. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    Actually, I would retroactively classify Galvatron and Silverbolt as 25th anniversary, given they BOTH have a 25 years indicator - Galvy on his turret, Silverbolt on his wings.

16. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

You could try to get the clear parts from the original energon combiner bots. They're a clear blue so it'd be a bit closer to purple and less "auto-boty"

No it's not, not even close. The original Energon Bruticus had purple, orange and bright green limbs with a blue and grey torso. That's 1 out of 5 parts that are even close to the G1 bruticus. The Universe version has 4 out of 5 similar pieces, with Vortex being the only off colored one.

Aren't his bits clear purple?

The tank limbs make great arms. The choppers not so much unless you transform them differently. Ironically, the Chopper is the one with the better looking "hand".

Compared to the G2 version, the Walmart desert set was a freakin Piccasso. Personally though, my favorite version of the mold was the Urban camo set. And having said that, why would they release that same exact set a 5th time in stores? Kids won't buy it, they didn't buy em the last three times they came out. But the Devestator set flew off the shelves.

Not only have I seen him, I own him. And he's a pretty damn kick ass toy, just like most of the new Universe stuff.

Personally, I'm passing on this mold. Not because it's bad or anything, but cause I already made my own Energon Bruticus set. All I need is Movie Gunbarrel, and to mod energon Bonecrusher into some sort of jeep and he'll be all set.

17. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    Not fond of Devastator or Bruticus. They really should have done new molds for these two giants. Anywho, I can't wait to see if they really bring out Devastator in the movie so I can buy that and dump the Devastator I have.

18. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Vortex is off colored? I'm pretty sure this one is grey too, he just got some extra blue parts;

19. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

damn that looks horrendous. easy pass for me.

20. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

To be honest, I think the whole thing would have looked much better if they'd skipped the clear parts altogether and just cast them in grey or dark silver. Still not happening now.

I'd basically agree with that. Of course the chopper is the one you could fit G1 Bruticus fists into and give it an elbow. It's annoying that they had to fold the cockpit under rather than over, otherwise the chopper could've made a pretty kickarse arm.

Good man. Bugger all this trying to fit a combiner port into Cyb Swindle, Bonecrusher's the way to go. I'm revisiting my own Bruticus at the mo, and Bonecrusher's being turned into a little flatbed truck (so he can carry his weapons hauls)...